Because I know you're out there... who likes Scrubs?

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Because I know you're out there... who likes Scrubs?

Post by Raptor522 »

I, personally, am a big fan of Scrubs, and am finishing up my second playthrough- sorry, watchthrough(?)... of the series. It's definitely one of my favorite shows of all time, ever. It's hilarious, most (if not all) episodes are extremely well made, even if some of the characters' decisions are flat-out stupid for the sake of plot continuation, if you know what I mean. Though it's not just a stupid comedy series with no depth, it definitely has episodes that almost make me sad. Anywho, I don't recall ever having a Scrubs discussion on GT, so I figured I'd start one and hope it doesn't end up like Air Force One at the end of... well, Air Force One..

I'm also curious, who would you say is/are your favorite character(s)? I'm gonna go with Dr. Cox as my favorite, followed by Turk, and then Elliot (her character annoys the crap outta me, but Sarah Chalke is hot. ;) lol).
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Re: Because I know you're out there... who likes Scrubs?

Post by Eggman »

I love Scrubs. :D It's probably my favorite series out of anything I've ever watched. Great actors, great stories, great overall concept. I think the originality of each episode started to wane by the end of season 8, but shows can only go on for so long and I'm glad that it ended not too long after it had passed its prime. Now we can look back on Scrubs as a series that was fantastic from start to finish, and we can know that every single re-run on TV will be worth watching.

I honestly don't think I could pick a favorite character - they were all played equally well, from the stars of the show right down to individual patients who only showed up in one or two episodes.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

I liek Scrubs too. The way it handled cutaway gags made Family Guy look like Epic Movie.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'll give you a hint as to who my favorite character is.
Hey champ, what has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Bob Kelso. How are you doing?
I honestly think this was the best show of the 2000s, seeing as it was a perfect balance between a drama and a comedy. There were some of the saddest moments on TV, such as
Hidden/Spoiler:
Jordan's brother actually being dead for that whole episode and Laverne's death,
but also some of the funniest (everything Janitor says, the fairy tale episode).
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by The_Emperor »

Fusion wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Jordan's brother actually being dead for that whole episode.
Yes, epic. Yup, love the show. Haven't seen em all though.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Scrubs was undoubtedly my favorite show. It was always funny, but had the perfect amount of drama, and pretty much everything I think about it has been said. New scrubs isn't as awesome though.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

It sure is a good thing that ending hide tag was always in that post Empy. :P

Also, the Janitor really does have the best lines. I need to emphasize this.
Knife Wrench
Waking up without vowels
I made a device...
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Ghaha, Fork...Me can't eat soup!

I love Scrubs, but imo the new isn't as good as the old series. :(
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

The Janitor was such a brilliant character. :P

Other things about the show that always make me smile are the really subtle details they throw in, like the tiny subplot of Kelso's son, Harrison. He never even shows up on-screen, yet we here all about his (quite interesting) personal life. Same thing for Kelso's wife.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Dr. Cox is my fav -- both for his hilarity, and his serious acting. The newest season wasn't funny though.

Serious clip (actually got me emotional)

Funny clip

Oh, and this is the best use of "More Than A Feeling" since it became playable in Rock Band:
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Scrubs is no doubt the best show I have ever seen and I am happy to say that. From beginning to know JD and the gang in Season 1 to crying (yes, I cried 8) ) at the end of Season 8, the whole Scrubs journey for me was amazing and I don't think another TV show can top the experience I got from Scrubs. I really wish they didn't continue with Season 9 because I felt that 8 had the perfect ending but hey... the first few episodes were okay.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Scrubs is definitely full of great quotes. One of my personal favorites (May be inappropriate for t3h younger audience that will undoubtedly read it anyways; hey, I did my part):
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Dr. Cox"]Okay, think of what little patience I have as... oh, I don't know... your virginity. You always thought it would be there, until that night Junior Year when you were feeling a little down about yourself and your pal, Kevin, who just wanted to be friends... well, he dropped by, and he brought a copy of "About Last Night" and a four-pack of Bartles & Jaymes and, woo-hoo-hoo, it was gone forever! ...just like my patience is now.[/quote]
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

Scrubs was a good show, its sad that they ended it, but all things have an ending
EDIT
Sorry, logical error here, I forgot the graph of tangent has no ending
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

computergeek wrote:Scrubs was a good show, its sad that they ended it, but all things have an ending
EDIT
It's okay, we know what you meant. lol

And to throw out my opinion on the "new" Scrubs, I still watch it, despite not really liking any of the new characters (with 2 exceptions). To me, it's still worth watching, just because of the old characters that still show up, like Dr. Cox and Turk. Though I love how they explained the Janitor's reason for leaving. I thought it was hilarious.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Eggman »

Raptor522 wrote:
computergeek wrote:Scrubs was a good show, its sad that they ended it, but all things have an ending
EDIT
It's okay, we know what you meant. lol

And to throw out my opinion on the "new" Scrubs, I still watch it, despite not really liking any of the new characters (with 2 exceptions). To me, it's still worth watching, just because of the old characters that still show up, like Dr. Cox and Turk. Though I love how they explained the Janitor's reason for leaving. I thought it was hilarious.
Some of the new characters were interesting but not played well (Drew - good backstory, boring portrayal), while others were played well but seemed like copies of old characters (Denise - Dr. Cox/Jordan crammed into one character) or were just annoying (Cole - funny at times but mostly annoying; he reminded me too much of my roommate).
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Denise and Drew are the only two characters I like at all. I actually liked Denise since we first saw her as an intern in Season 8. True, she's very Jordan-esque, but he bluntness is hilarious to me. Plus she looks a lot like one of my friends, who has a relatively similar personality, so that just makes it easy for me to like. lol Drew, because his dislike towards the other characters sometimes almost conveys my dislike for them.

Also, going back to the good seasons, who remembers the patient, I think his name was George? He was 70, terminal, probably not gonna live through the night, and Turk & JD decide to spend the night with him, instead of going to their annual Steak Night? That was one of the ones that got to me, though not as much as Jordan's brother's death or Dr. Cox's Triple Kill.

I'd also like to point out, I find it hilarious that most people (including myself) referring to Dr. Cox as "Dr. Cox" instead of just "Cox." No one uses the "Dr." prefix with any of the other characters. lol