Captain America: The First Avenger

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Yeah, I thought this one was really good. There was some cheesy acting and stuff, but I let it go because of the old-fashioned vibe the movie gave off. :P
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Some of you may have heard me complain about this before, but the Avengers is the worst superhero team name imaginable.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Grev wrote:Some of you may have heard me complain about this before, but the Avengers is the worst superhero team name imaginable.

Its not the greatest by far, no. But I find it hard to believe that its the worst imaginable. I could come up with a worse names myself.
-The Bad-Guy Catchers
-The Kick-Butt Dudes.
-The Teenage Mutant Ninja Warlocks
I could go on forever. :P
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Grev wrote:Some of you may have heard me complain about this before, but the Avengers is the worst superhero team name imaginable.

Its not the greatest by far, no. But I find it hard to believe that its the worst imaginable. I could come up with a worse names myself.
-The Bad-Guy Catchers
-The Kick-Butt Dudes.
-The Teenage Mutant Ninja Warlocks
I could go on forever. :P
All of those are better.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: Captain America

Post by Moving_Target »

GangsterJawa wrote:
Moving_Target wrote:
guru wrote:I'll watch this movie soon hope it's good.

@all- Also note if the topic gets politic-igious or patrio-spastic it will be auto tossed.
It's pretty good. Some areas could have been tweaked to make it the best yet, but for now, a great movie. Definitely the most serious and dramatic of the marvel movies.
Eh, I'd say that award goes to Thor, but personally I think this is more of a fun, summer blockbuster type of movie. Fun to go see if you want to see someone kick donkeybutt and blow stuff up.
If you mean Thor gets the "If tweaked it could be the best so far" award, I can also agree to that, but Thor doesn't get "the most serious and dramatic" award. Thor had alot of slap stick humor and was light hearted. Captain America was heavy. I honestly almost teared at the end, because you know his fate. He's a tragic hero.
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Re: Captain America

Post by Wonderboy »

Moving_Target wrote: If you mean Thor gets the "If tweaked it could be the best so far" award, I can also agree to that, but Thor doesn't get "the most serious and dramatic" award. Thor had alot of slap stick humor and was light hearted. Captain America was heavy. I honestly almost teared at the end, because you know his fate. He's a tragic hero.
Well, that's why people like me go to super hero movies. I have no prior knowledge of Captain America, so the ending was a surprise.
CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Nothing--absolutely nothing

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

someone ruining another movie for me wrote:I honestly almost teared at the end, because you know his fate. He's a tragic hero.
GUYS!!! Spoiler tags plz!!! :runaway: I really don't care that much but you should put stuff like that in spoilers. :mrgreen:
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

CalvaryCptMike wrote:
someone ruining another movie for me wrote:I honestly almost teared at the end, because you know his fate. He's a tragic hero.
GUYS!!! Spoiler tags plz!!! :runaway: I really don't care that much but you should put stuff like that in spoilers. :mrgreen:
What? I worded it pretty vaguely there.

@Wonderboy:
Hidden/Spoiler:
For CalvaryCptMike sake. You know Capt's fate at the beginning of the movie. He ends up crashing in the jet and is frozen in ice.
CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Nothing--absolutely nothing

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

@moving target

Ah, okay, sorry. I didn't know about that part. I guess it isn't spoiled then. :wink:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Your sir should be banned. :runaway:
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Teancum wrote:
Your sir should be banned. :runaway:
I don't have a sir. :P
And it is! Isn't "Avengers" a bit wrathful for a superhero team, which, among other noble teammates, has Captain Amer'kuh? Since when did American ideals include revenge? Above that, the fact that they need to avenge something implies that either they, or whoever they're working for, has failed in the past, and needs to be avenged.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Grev wrote:And it is! Isn't "Avengers" a bit wrathful for a superhero team, which, among other noble teammates, has Captain Amer'kuh? Since when did American ideals include revenge? Above that, the fact that they need to avenge something implies that either they, or whoever they're working for, has failed in the past, and needs to be avenged.
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Avenge_vs_Revenge
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Grev wrote:And it is! Isn't "Avengers" a bit wrathful for a superhero team, which, among other noble teammates, has Captain Amer'kuh? Since when did American ideals include vengeance? Above that, the fact that they need to avenge something implies that either they, or whoever they're working for, has failed in the past, and needs to be avenged.
Fixed I guess.

And when I team was created in '63, it can be assumed the two were still being used interchangeably, as it says in your link.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Grev wrote:And when I team was created in '63, it can be assumed the two were still being used interchangeably, as it says in your link.
I doubt the change in usage is that recent - words don't often change that quickly. And vengeance in pursuit of justice is fairly appropriate for a group of vigilantes, given that their execution of justice is necessarily outside the bounds of the legal system. You seem to be hung up on the name because you're conflating the connotations of "revenge" and "avenge," and the case is that the latter has a more "upright" connotation to it than you may be giving it credit for.

It may not be your preferred name, but while it's not as straightforward as "Justice [noun]," at the very least it's not something really silly like the Super Hero Squad.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Okay, Mav has officially won the "I found the worst superhero team" game.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_su ... and_groups
There. Now everyone can decide what is truly the worst. You're welcome. :P

All joking aside, I went to see Captain 'Murrica with some friends about a week ago. Definitely one of my favorite Marvel movies so far. MUCH better than Thor, imo, because Thor disappointed me. Shame on you, Thor.

Also, the trailer at the end for the Avengers... do want.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Teancum wrote:Okay, Mav has officially won the "I found the worst superhero team" game.
I guess in light of THIS, I should revise my statement to ONE of the worst names imaginable.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Grev wrote:
Teancum wrote:Okay, Mav has officially won the "I found the worst superhero team" game.
I guess in light of THIS, I should revise my statement to ONE of the worst names imaginable.
Well then, how about we name them...

The Costumed and/or Metahuman Vigilantes Whose Method of Law Enforcement Would Otherwise be Illegal if Not For Support From The Federal Government and SHIELD!
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:
Grev wrote:
Well then, how about we name them...

The Costumed and/or Metahuman Vigilantes Whose Method of Law Enforcement Would Otherwise be Illegal if Not For Support From The Federal Government and SHIELD!
Otherwise known as THE CAMVWMOLEWOBIINFPFTFGAS!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Grev wrote:I guess in light of THIS, I should revise my statement to ONE of the worst names imaginable.

Parody names don't count because they are a spoof.

Super Hero Squad is a horrid show. I made it through all of five minutes of that crap.