Thor

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Thor

Post by Maveritchell »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800369/

Got back from seeing this. I rarely see movies in their theater run, but I'll make the time to go see a fun comic book or sci-fi movie. Glad I took the time to see it - it was a bunch of fun. Never felt mopey and flew right along - for as good as the recent Batman movies have been, they haven't been as fun as they could have been. This is much more in line with Iron Man in terms of feel, even thought the setup is obviously different. This is the best representation of a "brawler" hero I think I've ever seen on screen - the fight scenes with Thor and the Frost Giants and Thor and the Destroyer are done the way I wish Superman movies were presented. If you get the chance, go check it out.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Thor

Post by guru »

Excited to see at IMAX n Monday , love 3d and Norse gods rock
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Maveritchell wrote: the fight scenes with Thor and the Frost Giants and Thor and the Destroyer are done the way I wish Superman movies were presented.
Funny you should mention that, I have heard people calling him "Viking Superman."

I will give it a watch, should be fun. I'm not too familiar with the Thor mythos, but I guess it won't be too hard to catch up, given that I know a couple things about the actual norse mythology.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

I concur. :cantina:

*Ahem*

I really like it. I'm really diggin' all these Marvel superhero movies. lol

So, no spoilers, but, who stayed until after the credits? ;)
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I watched the movie yesterday, and really enjoyed it. I didn't think Thor was a particularly adaptable or interesting character, but the movie was done pretty well. In particular the scene where Loki shows up in the middle of Thor's interrogation, and Loki's clothing and the entire atmosphere was really memorable. I also liked the slight reference to Bruce Banner, the scientist studying gamma rays who disappeared.

What bothered me was that the 4 power rangers that helped Thor along in his adventures were fairly relevant to the story, but I didn't even catch their names.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

It was a good movie, I'll give it that, but what irked me is that the movie was over two hours long, yet it didn't seem to encompass much. Like two days in the life of Thor and suddenly he's a changed man and Queen Amidala falls in love with him.

Idk, I guess just compared to like the Iron Man, Spider-man, X-men, or Fantastic Four movies, it just didn't seem like there was that much content or story...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it thoroughly, but when it was over, I felt like... "That's all I need to know about Thor?..."
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

It was interesting , kinda shallow, girl is still hawt, Thor was dumb but strong and trendy, I will watch Avengers in 9 months to see Loki cause more chAos. Overall 3d movie was good I'd say 8 of 10 stars.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:It was a good movie, I'll give it that, but what irked me is that the movie was over two hours long, yet it didn't seem to encompass much. Like two days in the life of Thor and suddenly he's a changed man and Queen Amidala falls in love with him.

Idk, I guess just compared to like the Iron Man, Spider-man, X-men, or Fantastic Four movies, it just didn't seem like there was that much content or story...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it thoroughly, but when it was over, I felt like... "That's all I need to know about Thor?..."
Yeah, I felt much the same way.
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

Saw it last sunday. It was a fun movie that doesn't take it self too seriously. I cracked up at a couple of those scenes which I won't spoil. Worth the money, though I didn't see it in 3D, so I dunno about that. Good movie, but not something I'm anxious to see a second time either.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

SBF_Dann_Boeing wrote:Saw it last sunday. It was a fun movie that doesn't take it self too seriously. I cracked up at a couple of those scenes which I won't spoil. Worth the money, though I didn't see it in 3D, so I dunno about that. Good movie, but not something I'm anxious to see a second time either.
I agree with you completely, but I saw it in 3D. The 3D was honestly the best I've seen since Avatar, if not the best I've ever seen.
ShadowWing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: I will start modding when I get time.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by ShadowWing »

Just saw it today, and I didn't really like it that much. The plot was stretched out too long.