Thunderbolts of the Gods - Documentary

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Thunderbolts of the Gods - Documentary

Post by Eaol »

Thunderbolts of the Gods

Thunderbolts of the Gods, aka Thunderbolts: the tutorial, is a documentary about the Electric Universe theory. It exposes many fallacies and improperly based assumptions that enshroud mainstream cosmology (astronomy and astrophysics) today.

The Electric Universe model is introduced, and many simple, tested answers to long-standing mysteries in physics are given. However, it doesn't go into too much detail on the electrical model, which has managed to successfully predict many of the surprises of the space age years in advance.
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Thunderbolts of the Gods - Documentary

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

While Electric Universe theory has some merit, that documentary doesn't bring much to the table about it. It spends half the time talking about previous misconceptions about science and astronomy, which while are interesting factoids and may clear up misconceptions that people still have, it's not really related to the topic at hand...

The idea of currents arbitrarily flowing through space between stars and galaxies is a little far fetched. Charged particles are everywhere yes, but in high enough concentrations to form anything like a current, no. Many things send out large amounts of charged particles in all directions, or sometimes more concentrated directions but this disperses with distance. An important thing to distinguish here is that while the forces of basic electrical attraction fall-off rather quickly, gravitational attraction does not (or at least, not nearly as fast). This is why gravitational interactions are widely regarded as to have much larger influence on the formation of celestial bodies like galaxies and stars than electrical interactions. However, if we find a way to unify these two interactions as the same in different forms, that would lead to some interesting discoveries. Until then a lot of this electric universe business is very very speculative.

Also, when we're talking about things like how the Sun produces energy, and what fraction of energy is coming from what process, it is much more relevant to be talking about electrical interactions, since this is on a molecular level. While we have a fairly good idea bout how nuclear fusion works, we have a much fuzzier idea about whether the majority of the sun's output comes from the nuclear fusion, and whether electrical interaction contributes to its stability. While in free space, talking about charged particles is a little sketchy, there are definitely many different kinds of electrical interactions happening in the sun, with large amounts of currents forming from the convection of gasses being created. But this is really an entirely different story from what I was talking about above. Electrical interactions obviously have a big part in the universe, but you have to be careful about getting too speculative about it without backing it up with observable and mathematical evidence, otherwise we end up delving a bit into pseudo-science...
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

I am glad you took the time to watch the documentary.

The documentary is somewhat aged, but it still can serve as a basic introduction to the theory, albeit not a complete one.

-The existence of the magnetic fields already tells you electric currents are present.
-Gravity and the electric force are both long-range forces. But the electric force is about 10^39 more powerful. Gravity rules pretty much wherever electrical forces don't have as much of a presence, such as in normal conditions on Earth's surface.
-Plasmas are excellent conductors and carry electric currents easily. All throughout space is matter in the plasma state. Because of the nature of plasma (ions and electrons, free-floating), electrons will flow to equalize charge. That, as said in the video, is an electric current. Electric currents create magnetic fields.
-Gravitational interactions are, in the mainstream, regarded as having much greater influence. See Debunking Misconceptions about the Electric Universe.
-As for you wanting gravity and the electrical force to be unified, check out this article by Thornhill: Electric Gravity in an Electric Universe. He argues that gravity is simply a manifestation of the electric force.

Don Scott, PhD, on the Electric Sun model
-The electric sun model has been tested on the small scale in laboratories. The electric model does account for the anomalies perceived when working with the fusion model. Also, not one bit of falsifying evidence has yet been uncovered against the electric model, while you have already seen the mass of unexplainable phenomena with the fusion model.
-If the electrical power input is coming from OUTSIDE the star, then it makes sense that the corona is hotter than the photosphere, which is brighter and hotter than beneath the photosphere.

Ultimately, qualitative before quantitative. Know how it works before you try to describe it in mathematical terms.

Yes, I know Thornhill. So if you have any questions I can't answer, I do have the ability to ask him.

I also invite you to see the accuracy of predictions by the Electric Universe model.
Predictions Pending
Predictions Confirmed

Compare that with the continuous surprises, incomprehensibility, and almost constant failure of mainstream theories.
Ten Mysteries of the Solar System

Ten, that's too many for me. The EU model already explains all of these.

I respect you for taking the time to take a quick look at the theory. I am running out of time right now, so I'll wrap this up.

-Mike Godzina-

P.S. - The links are because I don't have the patience to explain all this stuff in detail in a second-rate manner. I'm still learning. Besides, I would never have the time on my hands to replicate the wall of text on the Electric Sun hypothesis (many parts now confirmed). Continue this conversation on the Electric Universe Thread, if we must.

EDIT: Nice avatar. Just looked at it now.
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

Eaol wrote:-The existence of the magnetic fields already tells you electric currents are present.
Well currents certainly produce magnetic fields, but have they been detected in free-space with no known source (beyond a theoretical flow a charged particles) other than from ejecta from say...a pulsar or supernova...or from our own star for that matter?
Eaol wrote: -Gravity and the electric force are both long-range forces. But the electric force is about 10^39 more powerful. Gravity rules pretty much wherever electrical forces don't have as much of a presence, such as in normal conditions on Earth's surface.
If you say you had a planet sized object made entirely out of electrons the electric forces that this would induce on a point charge would be much greater at the same distance away of a relative weighted charge-neutral point mass. While the gravitational force is the weakest of the major forces, it is still the most prominent since many massive objects are for all intents and purposes charge neutral. Now if we did have large flows of charged particles that are similarly charged, the forces and magnetic field produced by this would be substantial, but so far I haven't seen any evidence of this, and would like to know more.
Eaol wrote: -As for you wanting gravity and the electrical force to be unified, check out this article by Thornhill: Electric Gravity in an Electric Universe. He argues that gravity is simply a manifestation of the electric force.
Well the idea behind grand unification theory is that all of the forces are the same thing, so you could just as easily say that electrical forces are a manifestation of gravity. So yes we would see that they are coming from the same type of process on a quantum level. And the same theory suggests that shortly after the big bang, there was only the one unified force that affected mass, charge, bonds, etc. in similar ways. Gravity remains the only non-unified force, so hopefully at some point it can be shown mathematically to be the same to one or all of the other forces, which includes electrical, or be distinguished as a completely different force all together, but beyond very theoretical physics such as string theory, we don't really know enough yet to determine if this is true.

I pretty much agree with everything else here.