Your favorite Anime TV Shows

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Your favorite Anime TV Shows

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I admit, I used to be a little bit of an Anime junkie. If you think about it, this is actually a wierd topic for me, since I find most Anime to be ridiculous and almost unbearable. However there is some I swear by as great shows. I decided to put them in a list. The list order was decided by a factor of a couple things, how many episodes I have seen and how good it was by those episodes. Characters are also very important in my decisions.

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Death Note
4. The Big O
5. Code Geass
5. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
6. Inuyasha

I heard Bleach is really good, but I couldn't get into it.

Cowboy Bebop is the undisputed champion in my mind, the setting, characters, story, and execution of those elements form into something grand. I recommend any Sci-Fi fan check it out. Very emotional series as well. The art design is phenomenal as well. Seen 95% of the episodes.

Fullmetal Alchemist gets #2 because again, characters, story, and the execution of those elements that makes it so good. Again, quite emotional at times. Seen 70% of the episodes.

Death Note has a fantastic story, and a few great characters. I originally thought the premise was stupid, but after a few episodes I was hooked. Seen every episode.

The Big O is one of the sillier ones on my list, yet it is only by comparison. The story is great, characters are interesting and the setting is quite well done. Seen 90% of the episodes.

Ghost in the Shell is actually the one I have seen the least amount of episodes of, yet it was still good enough to make it on this list. Great stories and characters. Seen 40% of the episodes.

Inuyasha is this most bizarre one on my list, but it was the first Anime I liked and I still have a soft spot for it. The characters are nuts, the battles are over the top, and the setting in absurd, however it actually pulls it off. Seen 80% of the episodes.

So how about it folks? Anyone else fans of some great more adult-oriented Anime? Or am I the freak who decided to make this topic on a gamble. :runaway:
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Re: Your favorite Anime TV Shows

Post by Locutus »

I'm not a big anime fan and I only watched a few, but there is one I can really recommend: Elfenlied.

The first episode is rather brutal and I nearly stopped watching yet I'm very happy that I did not.
It is perfectly drawn, the synchronization is admirably well and story, characters and feeling are great.
It's definitely an adult series but it's just awesome.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Code Geass, Death Note, Bleach, Naruto, Ghost in the Shell, DBZ (as a kid, at least), Bubblegum Crisis (again, as a child, though in retrospect it's not something I'd show to my four year-old), Black Butler, Tsubasa Chronicle (the first season, at least), xxxHolic, and probably a few more I forgot.

Would say anything by Miyazaki, but those aren't TV shows. :wink:
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

I'm actually quite an anime fan myself (*coughcough*) and I'vs seen the majority of the shows listed here.

As for mine, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is and always will be my favorite series. It was my first anime since I really got into it, and after seeing so much other stuff I still think it has some of the best characters and story.

Beyond that it changes based on my mood, so in no particular order:

Angel Beats!: Great combination of a lot of stuff. Genre's, quality, enjoyment, etc.
Hidamari Sketch: Surprisingly good. A great show to watch to chill out and get some laughs.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: It will blow your mind.
Kanon: Fantastic story.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Fantastic quality show, if a little lacking in entertainment value depending on what you like.
Toaru Majutsu no Index: Great universe, pretty enjoyable.
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

1. Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0
2. Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0
-The remakes of the old series. Unlike the original show this is actually enjoyable. Third movie isn't out yet (they plan to make 4).
3. Black Lagoon
-somehow like a crime series, but from the villians point of view and without police, just other villians
4. Highschool of the Dead
-zombie apocalypse animu style, with ecchi
5. Higurashi no naku koro ni
6. Umineko no naku koro ni
7. Death Note
-mind-melting, but good

EDIT: Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 is announced for autum 2012, so I expect an english sub around christmas :D
This tread died pretty fast...