Multi Single Player Commentary

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

the best
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Multi Single Player Commentary

Post by the best »

Hey guys, a video group of mine wanted to change it up a bit, we usually do live action videos, but they wanted to do a video game commentary, so we chose to do SWBII. We didn't want it to be like any other commentary though so we mixed it up. It's multi player, but single player. Eight people in total took command of one character, we each had our separate controls and had to work together to go through the game. If you enjoy this kind of stuff then you should take a look. Though be warned, we think we're funny way more than the legal limit. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, and if you do then feel free to check out the other stuff we've done on our channel. If you have any critique for it I'd appreciate it too, like if you thought it was horribly boring how might it be more entertaining?

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFRNWrDOOuQ

Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RapidFireIndustries
Last edited by the best on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: Multi Single Player Commentary

Post by Noobasaurus »

It's an interesting concept, and I watched the first minute or so, but I didn't find it all that entertaining. I've seen too much stock swbf2 gameplay to really appreciate much gameplay of it. If you did something like Mav's dark times campaign, I would probably be more interested, and it would be even more entertaining if the players had never played the dark times before.

Since any of the polling choices did not fit me, I didn't choose any of them.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Noobasaurus wrote:If you did something like Mav's dark times campaign, I would probably be more interested, and it would be even more entertaining if the players had never played the dark times before.
I'd love to watch that, but I think it's a bad choice for what the OP's going for here. They'd get murdered and then frustrated, for one (that campaign's harder than the stock campaign).

OP - you've got a neat idea, but it's too much for the viewer to really process. It sounds like you and your friends had fun - which is great - and if your goal is to simply archive that fun, then keep on keeping on. If your goal is, though, to do a twist on the whole "let's play" concept by throwing in what seems like a "three-legged race" component (awkward forced teamwork), then I'd say you're better with two people. You can do something like what you're already doing (i.e. one set of hands here, one somewhere else) or you could do something like have one person act as the eyes (hands off keyboard) and one person act as the controls (blindfolded).

Whatever you end up doing, do an overlay with a webcam, unless you're iffy about broadcasting your own image(s). For something like this (especially where you're focusing on the interaction between multiple people), the body language of those two (or more) will be half the funny.
the best
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by the best »

Thanks for the feedback :) Looking at the perspective of someone who wasn't there I understand how it'd not be too interesting, as the editor I had a tough time organizing it so that it's friendly to others, but you can't fix the foundation of the video. The blindfolding idea was a possible option for future ideas, we wanted to try something new first though but you have a good point Mav on how there's too much going on. I'll pass on all of your thoughts, if we do a video game again it will definitely be just like two people or something, much simpler, but we may just stick to what has been most successful which is our live action videos.

Doing the Dark TImes mod...hmm...I hadn't thought of that, it would be pretty entertaining for those who are familiar with it.
They'd get murdered
Eight people and seven of whom had not played the game before? Yes lol. Like I said if we did it again I'd make sure to follow your advice on how there's too much going on at the moment, would be cool with two people for sure, we'll see. Thanks again!