Monte Cristo Snowman

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Monte Cristo Snowman

Post by yuke5 »

Hey guys, my band, Monte Cristo Snowman, finally has an EP! You can listen to it here:

https://soundcloud.com/monte-cristo-sno ... snowman-ep

here:

https://myspace.com/montecristosnowman/music/songs

and here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWG8nmN ... 4GoMtDFMWc

Also, if you could "like" us on facebook, that would help a lot.

https://www.facebook.com/MonteCristoSnowman

Thank you, and I hope you like it. :D
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: The Map has no name so see alpha
Games I'm Playing :: Crysis Battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Monte Cristo Snowman

Post by noMatt »

Well i like thats exactly the music i am doing ( i own a guitare and a amp too :) )

Which instrument are you playing?

Ah and one of your guitarist should buy a new amp. Fender frontman isnt all that good (i think its a fender frontman i had one and those amps are not so good). I am using a Peavvy Vypr 30 (it costs 124 Pounds (140 euros), dont know whats the costs in dollar) as a travel amp and it sounds just awesome. Its gets the tube sound of my bigger amps nearly and it has more then enough effects.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_vypyr_30.htm

Way better then the frontman crap

If you are lookin for a cheap tube amp then use the Bugera v55 or v22 they are small but sound nice.
If you are lookin for something thats just awesome anyway how the costs are then i suggest a Fender Delux reverb
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Awesome! Really awesome! What instrument do you play? Bass, right? Sounding really cool! I'll be looking to hear more in the future. I especially liked the first and third parts. Makes me want to dust off my drumset and get serious about learning the drums!
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Hey, I liked it! Great job!

Not much else to say...I'm not much of a music critic.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Wow. Just...wow. The quality of this stuff is absolutely top-notch, well freaking done. :thumbs: Seriously, dude, this stuff is like That Thing You Do - you guys are that good.

Curious: do you guys use a drum machine or is that a real drum set I'm hearing? :o If it's the former that's fine, but if it's the latter, that's fantastic! There was some weird left channel stuff with the cymbals where they would sort of cut off randomly (may have been because of Sound Cloud), but other than that, all was incredible.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Loved it. Really great stuff yuke. I can't say much more really, I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality audio of the recordings (as a home musician myself, I can't get sound this good to save my life). Great job on that.
I really liked the vocals, they were pretty understated and didn't try to be to "up in your face" but still accomplished a lot.
I look forward to more from you guys. :thumbs:

P.S. that intro to blind, deaf, and dumb just gets me going.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Really good stuff. Very 97-03 and this isn't a bad thing. Vital Signs in particular was fantastic, I would love it if there was an instrumental for that one.

Which is my one caveat, vocals where "okay" at best to me, and with the backup vocals in Blind, Deaf, & Dumb it was outright distracting. Don't feel too bad about it, people who know me well know I'm exceedingly picky when it comes to male vocals, especially modern (90's-now) ones.

Very happy to see you starting to get work out there. Good luck and keep at it.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

@ NoMatt

The amps we used for recording were a vintage Soldano and a Fender Marshall. I honestly don't know what amps the guitarists use for practice, but I do know that our rhythm guitarist's is downright puny. I'll be sure to pass your advice on to him.

@Noobasaurus and CressAlbane

Thanks! I'm glad you guys liked it.

@Marth

Thanks for the compliments. We don't use a drum machine, but the person who recorded us replaced a lot of the drumming with a lot of pre-recorded samples. When we first heard our recording, there were no samples, so we were pretty happy. However, the drums were sort-of lowered in quality (in my opinion) due to the inclusion of samples. Our drummer's pretty good, so I don't know why they were used. Maybe if we were able to spend more time in the studio, we would've gotten the drums right.

@Dreadnot9

I'm glad you like it. We had tried home recording too, but luckily our drummer knew this guy who would record us for 50 bucks a song. We really lucked out there.

@Wulf

I'm happy you liked Vital Signs, and sorry that the vocals weren't your cup of tea. Don't worry, no offense was taken. :D

Thank you all for your feedback.
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: The Map has no name so see alpha
Games I'm Playing :: Crysis Battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by noMatt »

yeah ive wathced your life videos i know the amp from there :)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

@Yuke: Ah. Samples were probably used because, well, quite frankly, instrument condenser mics are pretty dang pricey and a good number of them are required in order to record a drum set, so the decision sort of makes sense.

@WULF: You do mean that the vocals just weren't quite your taste, right? Because the tone, pitch, and the like were all quite excellent. For instance, Justin Bieber is an INSANELY talented singer, but his lyrics are completely AWFUL in most people's opinion (including my own, lolz...). ;)

Roadhouse.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I meant taste, yes. I said "exceedingly picky" not "high standards" as if they weren't of good quality, they were good.

I would like to respectively disagree about Beiber though. Good, maybe. "Insanely talented" is a bit much. Q:U~><

Well, you got the "insane" bit part right about him.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Great job Yuke! Will be keeping this music around. :)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:I would like to respectively disagree about Beiber though. Good, maybe. "Insanely talented" is a bit much. Q:U~><
Off-topic: Beautiful tone? Vibrant vibrato (heh)? Perfect pitches? Spells out "extremely good" at the very least; you're letting the fact that it's Justin Bieber tickle your bias and make it giggle like a Belieber. :funny2:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

No I never thought he was that good, way before I disliked him as a person. Most of the time he's either irritating at best or boring at worst to me. Not saying he doesn't sound like a good singer some (40%) of the time.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

Marth8880 wrote:@Yuke: Ah. Samples were probably used because, well, quite frankly, instrument condenser mics are pretty dang pricey and a good number of them are required in order to record a drum set, so the decision sort of makes sense.
Yeah, the frustrating thing was that the drums were miked fairly well, but the producer insisted that we all play at once to capture the organic feel of the music. While the amps were miked and in separate parts of the building, away from the drums, the percussion could have sounded better if we had done more takes to get the sound right. However, we could only afford the cheapest recording rate, 50 bucks per song, the amount of time we could spend perfecting everything was limited. That being said, what we got was pretty good considering that we spend 50 bucks per song. Hopefully next time, we'll have some more money to spend from gigs by using our EP as a demo. We're in the talks to play a show in one of the cooler clubs in Saratoga with a few other bands. Hopefully, it falls through.