Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]

Post by Marth8880 »

Anybody else watching this show? If not, WHY?!?

I am only on episode 207 as of now, so no spoilers yet!

Pic related:
Last edited by Marth8880 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: The Map has no name so see alpha
Games I'm Playing :: Crysis Battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by noMatt »

Well I dont i watched it once didnt liked it that much. Maybe it was because of the translation...
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Ah, understandable considering most lip dubs are awful. Why not watch it with English audio and German subtitles? :o
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by noMatt »

where can i do so? and i watch most films in english withlut any subtitles because my teacher always says that this is the best way to learn english perfectly :) i would be very thankful for a link marth i will give it a shot :)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Ummmm, Amazon Instant Video might have German subtitles for the series - not sure, would have to check.
noMatt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by noMatt »

well thanks i do that :) by the way do you know californication?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

LOL, yeah, I know that show, mainly because I watched The X-Files, which starred David Duchovney and Gillian Anderson - but I don't watch the show for whatever reason, or at least not yet I don't. :q
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

The show is terrific and I'm currently starting the book series.

I think each season gets progressively better, so you're in for some great stuff.
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Server modding
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by fasty »

The books are much better than the show, honestly. Ive read all the books and loved the show. The books just have more character detail and I love the writing style. My advice for anyone just starting with this series is to start with the books.

Also I play a GoT mod for Mount & Blade: Warband, its loads of fun.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-clash-of-kings

Edit: The mod will have lots of spoilers, don't play it until you've read the books.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Re: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]

Post by Marth8880 »

Oh God...just saw the last two episodes last night. The Red Wedding, Christ... I haven't cried or shed tears before from Game of Thrones.

The Red Wedding changed that.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Which direwolf was that? I know it wasn't Ghost, Summer, or Nymeria. Was it Grey Wind?
Anyway, yeah, I started listening to A Song of Ice and Fire the other day - I'm about 12 hours in out of 33, very good stuff. (The narrator makes Tyrion sound like an old man - LOL)
AhsokaTano
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: Kamino Training Map.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2 Skyrim SWTOR
xbox live or psn: ZunaSW

Post by AhsokaTano »

I love the show. You know, I'm spanish, but I like to watch it in english, it's better than the spanish voices.
I'm waiting for the season four, I want to see something I wanted to see when the first season finished.

The Red Wedding... I have no words when I saw it... I knew it was going to happen, because a friend spoiled me :( he always do it to bother people, but I couldn't imagine the scene.
Did you see the reactions of the people?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmWCqrMd ... r_embedded

You can see who readed the books and who didn't and they reactions, lol.

Marth, about your question.
Hidden/Spoiler:
It was Robb's direwolf, Grey Wind.
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by fasty »

So who are your favorite characters?
I love all the Lannisters myself. I'm definitely a lion. Jaime, Joffery, Tywin, Tyrion, are just amazing. I couldn't care less for Cersei though. I'm so glad the Starks are gone. To me, it just seemed like they didn't belong in Westeros. They were the only noble family that put honor first before everything else, but it still ended up being their downfall. Ned, putting honor before his own life and his family, and Robb TRIED to be honorable, but he was only a boy. Robb was only 14 in the books, he couldn't fill his fathers shoes. He ended up dishonoring his vows and he paid for it. If only he didn't betray the Freys..
Hidden/Spoiler:
To the young wolf
Did you guys anticipate the red wedding at all? Or did it totally catch you off guard when it happened?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Favorite characters would certainly have to be Tyrion, Daenerys, Bran, Arya, and Jon Snow. I've come to like Jaime, though, as well.

I hate the Lannisters, I hate them with a passion; they're idiots, and it's entirely up to Tyrion to fix them. I can't wait for Daenerys to come and slaughter them all.

I hadn't anticipated the red wedding, not at all - I was completely shocked and mortified, and it only fueled my hate for the Lannisters further.
fasty
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by fasty »

I don't really like daenarys, shes so overrated. Brans story line has been kinda boring after season 1, but he will get more excitement in the next seasons. Arya's one of my favorite characters, shes just so awsome. I love seeing the dynamic duo of her and Sandor, (another favorite.) Jon seems pretty dumb, I mean he actually thought the wall was an admirable brotherhood. But in the next seasons he does some important stuff. How could you hate Tywin? :|

You didn't see how the Starks were losing momentum? It seemed pretty obvious The Young Wolfs days were numbered. They even added multiple hints throughout the third season. The Starks made three critical mistakes that lost them the war: Losing Jaime, Marrying the other woman (breaking the vow to the Freys), and leaving Edmure Tully in charge of ANYTHING.

So new question:

Which of the remaining kings do you stand behind? I suppose you'll say Daenarys.. Even though she was born out of incest. Joffery was born of incest and it made him lose claim to the throne. So strictly speaking, Daenarys has no claim. Although that didn't stop Aegon from conquering :P

BTW, did you see this deleted scene? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMXJlUIQP94
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

I love Daenerys because of the things she does: buying 8,000 badass slave-soldiers only to free them and allow them to stay as her soldiers if they want, killing the dude guy who horrifically trained said slave-soldiers, conquering a city only to free its 200,000 slaves, simply having dragons, etc. :) I don't really hate Tywin, I just dislike him for being such a **** to Tyrion. :P

I love the Starks regardless of their misfortune and poor planning - they're just...the "good guys" in my head.

re: your question, Heh, definitely Daenerys or Tyrion (if he'd be "eligible"). Or maybe Daenerys marries Tyrion and they rule the land as the most hilarious couple ever. Mother of Dragons and Dwarf? Priceless.
AhsokaTano
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: Kamino Training Map.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2 Skyrim SWTOR
xbox live or psn: ZunaSW

Post by AhsokaTano »

My favourite characters are Ned Stark, Arya (my favourite), Jon Snow, Tyrion, Daenerys, Sir Jorah, Stannis Baratheon, Gendry, and Jaime Lannister only in Season 3.
I hate the Lannisters and Viserys. But the one most hatred by me, is Joffrey... He is... Dah... I don't have words to say how much I hate him xD.

About Daenerys, I loved this scene:
Hidden/Spoiler:
When she gives her dragon to "the master", and the dragon doesn't stop flying. He started to be nervous while the dragon is flying and Daenerys is talking to the slave soldiers, and then she say: "Dracarys". So epic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU2bIzsJ8LE
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Ohhh, man, I LOVED that scene - so freaking perfect. :o
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I almost forgot this thread existed. Marth showed me the entire series, and the Red Wedding made me hate it all for about 2 hours. Then I read about the epilogue in A Storm of Swords and my faith in Martin as a writer was restored. Since then I've kept myself up to date on the basics from the books and basically I'm REALLY excited for Season 4. Which is like almost half of A Storm of Swords before it gets to A Feast for Crows. Which is good if they don't do one book a season, because it cuts out too much and Martin writes too slow.

I share most of Marth's opinions. I want Daenerys on the Iron Throne. Yes Joffery and her were both products of incest, but his issues were always evident. Being a child of incest is no guarantee of a broken mind. The thing about Daenerys is she's the only one who cares about the people enough to make her a good ruler. Robert didn't care, Joffery didn't care, Cersei (though not directly on the throne) didn't care or she did and was just a complete freaking idiot. Well, the later isn't up for debate, I can't want to see her hit rock bottom.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I want Arya/Sansa/Bran/Rickon and Stoneheart interactions SO freaking badly.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Oh man, what'd y'all think of tonight's episode (402)?
Hidden/Spoiler:
I've read the books, but I thought Joffrey didn't die until a bit later. :o Whatever though, 'twas still incredible and incredibly satisfying. :) Man, poor Tyrion... :(
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Marth8880 wrote:Oh man, what'd y'all think of tonight's episode (402)?
Hidden/Spoiler:
I've read the books, but I thought Joffrey didn't die until a bit later. :o Whatever though, 'twas still incredible and incredibly satisfying. :) Man, poor Tyrion... :(
I haven't gotten that far in the books but I was basically able to deduce what was going to happen in this episode because of the hype and some casting changes.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Perfect ending to Joffrey, but I'm a bit sad to see him go because he's the character you love to hate. There is certainly going to be a void without him. Also, Jack Gleeson played the part phenomenally -- he's a talented actor and it's too bad that he's going to retire after this.