Avatar: The Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance

Share videos, pictures, art, and other forms of media!

Moderator: Moderators

Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Avatar: The Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance

Post by Noobasaurus »

I forgot to make this topic weeks ago. Anyway, episodes can be found here in case you missed them. Currently it's an online only release, but later this month the book will premiere on Nicktoons.

Spoilers.

Kuvira was good and seemed like a honorable Earth Kingdom ruler, but now we've found out more about the re-education camps. Looks like the Earth Empire is only for earthy people. Also, spirit vine bombs are awesome. Korra's character development is quite swell, and seeing Toph (I was right!) again was really great. Now that Kuvira is harvesting the swamp, Toph is going to kick some serious Earth Empire butt. She took out a fleet of airships when she was 12, and now she's super old. This will be an easy job for her in the next episode. I'm really excited for it. Varrick's also had some character development and he's becoming one of my favorites in this series.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra: Book 4 - Balance

Post by Maveritchell »

The end of today's episode really got some Avatar in our Avatar:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Hidden/Spoiler:
So we've established Toph is going to demolish Kuvira's army next episode. Season over, thanks for watching, guys.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Lol!

PLOT SPOILERS AHEAD!
Hidden/Spoiler:
I have a feeling Toph's not gunna make it. :(

All this character development is long overdue. Especially Korra and Ikki. (The latter of whom I forgot even existed.) Meelo is EPIC this season.

As for Kuvira, I think you're SUPPOSED to kind of like her at first, especially with the would-be-King Wu being an idiot and kind of a jerk.

I also think Zhu-lee didn't really betray Verik and actually has feelings for him. I'm also really starting to wonder if Korra and Asami have a "thing" for each other.

It will no doubt be interesting to see the reaction when Verik and Bolic return to the Republic.
I think we're also going to see the Empire attack Rep City.

By the way, where the heck is the other air kid that was born at the end of season 1?!?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="commanderawesome"]By the way, where the heck is the other air kid that was born at the end of season 1?!?[/quote]
That was Rohan. He was on Tenzin's shoulders in the first episode of Book 4 at the ribbon cutting.
EDIT: It's all over. The end. That was not the ending I expected though.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Agreed. But nontheless I'm satisfied with it.

SPOILER WARNING!
Hidden/Spoiler:
No doubt some may be offended by two of the characters' relationship, but I'm ok with it, PLEASE DON'T START A DEBATE OVER IT. The whole thing between Verik and Zhu Lee was perfect. The giant mech destroying republic city was awesomely EPIC! It was cool to see Asami's dad redeem himself. And Prince Wu really stepped up his game, and made the bold decision to make the Earth Kingdom a democracy. Overall, I say this series finale was just as good as the Aang one.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

I can't say in good faith I was satisfied with the last five minutes and this isnt nessasarly coming from the point of view of ignorence.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I honestly felt it was forced a bit. I feel if they were going to develope a relationship and make it believable, it needed at least two seasons to develope. I really couldn't see these young ladies as having a real relationship due to how poorly the romance/writting was done.(This isn't to offend anyone who choses an alternate life style ) And im not just nitpicking on them, to be honest the romance for a lot of these characters through out korra were not done all that well to be honest. Opal(and those other young ladeis)/Bolin, Korra/Mako Juliee/Verick, korra/assami, I felt like they all didnt have the proper kind of writting they needed to make thier relationship hit hard. Maybe its becuase they're were too many characters and the writters/creative team wanted to try and give them all happy endings. Congradualtions to all the KorraSaami fans and thier fan works/fictions, you really had an impact on the shows ending apparently. This had show had some gorgous artwork, great voice acting and beast fighting scenes. I will miss Bolin and his awesome Lava Bending and his likable personality. I will always appreciate this show for the good qualities :D
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Well, there's always the comics and fanfic.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

There's a weekly fanfic contest over at the subreddit if you're interested in more. The people over there are trying hard to keep the community alive.
Hidden/Spoiler:
While Korrasami is canon (as stated by the creators), the ending was left open for interpretation. They could just be friends going on a vacation. That's what many people see it as.