Now Hiring Beta Tester Team

The series of maps created by Xavious that follow the story of the 607th legion.

Moderator: Moderators

Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Now Hiring Beta Tester Team

Post by Xavious »

As I'm nearing completetion of Space Kamino and the final map, I've been going back and adding in the most recent version of the sides as well as the sounds for all the previous maps. That means Rhen Var, Sullust, Yavin 4, Kashyyyk, Murkhana, and Xagobah. Of all of these, I've only finished implementing the sides/sounds into Xagobah thus far. I'm also doing extensive playthroughs and fixing/improving upon the maps themselves. Here's a list of my planned changes at the moment.

-Rhen Var will remain mostly the same. I'll fix any floating objects and rock foliage, as well as any planning problems.

-I'm remapping some sections of Sullust, but it will remain mostly the same. I'm going to lighten it up a bit and change the tunnel texture as well.

-Yavin 4 is going to completely remade from scratch. The current version just isn't up to my quality standards.

-Some foliage removal and unit count reduction on Kashyyyk, as well as better lighting.

-Better lighting on Murkhana. The gunships weren't supposed to be flyable, so I'll fix those. Maybe some vehicle changes and CP changes.

-More terrain variation on Xagobah. Reduced unit count, possible additional CPs. Minor lighting adjustments.

-Not much to change on Jandoon. Maybe a couple more ruins/objects, but I think this map is set.

-And then Space Kamino and the last map are still in production.

So, what do I need from the community? INPUT. I'm kind of at a loss as to what I need to add, and I doubt I can find all the bugs on my own. I'd like a DEDICATED group of beta testers who can download and play the maps as I work on and update them.

What's required for the position?

You have to give good feedback. That doesn't mean "Oh, the map was great, I liked it." It means reporting every bug you find, and also testing stability, balance, and telling me what you liked and didn't like. Suggestions for future version are also a must.

I expect to send out a map to the testers every week or so. Obviously, it's OK if you can't fit in time to review the map EVERY TIME, but if you miss too many, I might end up kicking you off the team. The maps will be sent through the GT's PM system. Once you get the map, download it and play it. Taking notes while you play might help jog your memory when it's time to post your review. Reviews are to be posted in the respective map's topic in the Saga of the 607th forum here. (For example, if you played Xagobah, post your review in the (6)Xagobah - 607th Siege topic)

What do you get in return? Well, you get to play the new versions of the 607th maps early. You also get to play both the Space Kamino map and the secret final map before anyone else. And you get your name in the credits for the final map pack.

Think you're up for it? Go ahead and post here if you want to join the Saga of the 607th Beta Tester team, but keep in mind that I won't accept everyone. If you're not accepted, it's not because I hate you, it's likely because I haven't seen you give good beta feedback before, and I don't think you're up for the job. If you are accepted, I'll PM you to tell you and also place your name on the list below.

So far, the team consists of:*
Hebes24
Grev
AlexSecura
H_BOMB
Eggman
fai222

*I haven't really denied anyone yet, so if you're not up here, you still have a chance.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Re: Now Hiring Beta Tester Team

Post by Grev »

I'd love to be a tester. And before Im even playing, did you change the near/ far scene range on Jandoon?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

No, why? What's wrong with it?
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Hebes24 »

I would love to beta test this project.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

The massive sheet of white 20 feet ahead engulfing the battlefield.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I's love to as well.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Grev wrote:The massive sheet of white 20 feet ahead engulfing the battlefield.
Screenshot, please? You're the only person I've heard this from. Also, what are your video settings?

By the way, I won't start adding to the tester list 'till tommorow, so don't get all worried if you're not up there yet.
Typoe99
Private

Post by Typoe99 »

I would love to Beta test this!
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

Thanks,Xavious for that nice beta testing invitation.Im glad that you prefered my work in the past.
I say yes but i cannot ensure being tester for all your maps.
Since One week im totally sick.I got a massive Infection of my broncial tubes.Still my breathing is by 50%.That means one side of my bronchials is down and the other side is working by nearly 50 %.At the moment im totaly overdosed with Antibiotica and other analgetics and not in the mood to play anything.Besides of that i dont know if i need to go to a hospital the next days.Hopefully not. :-(
If you like, feel free,to send me the Link for each map and i give you a reply if i could test it or not.
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Darth Revan »

I will 607ths are some of the best maps ever
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

I would love to beta, sign me up please!
So far i have beta Bobfinkl's Eradiu, he just forgot to add me to the list :funny2:

Xavious Edit - You don't need to quote my entire post. It takes up too much space on the page. I removed the quote. ok, thanks
Last edited by Super_Clone on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obiboba3po
2008 Most Technically Challenging Avatar
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by obiboba3po »

id like to beta test plz
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by fai222 »

I would like to beta test Xavious. I have beta tested all the maps made by bobfinkl (or at least the ones i know of). You could ask him if he thinks im good in response ect. Also i LOVE all your maps, it was YOU who made me beggin with modding.
EDIT: I havent beta tested hoth mountains/hills or Abridon 6.
H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

You can count me in on the beta testing. Your maps are some of my favorites.
This is my very first beta testing so I hope I can meet the standards.

I know its a bit early to talk about bugs or issues but in Xagobah on thing that bothered me is how the clones would never go up through the tunnel in the hangar. They would always go out in the open to try to capture the Island CP. So the CIS always come in through the tunnel and capture the CP. I guess its helpful for the people who play on the CIS side though.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I should have a fair amount of free time over the next four or five weeks, so I'd be happy to help out with testing.
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I'm having issues with Battlefront on this new computer (Vista) so I might have to drop out unless the problem is solved. Sorry.
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Darth Revan »

Is the problem with the sound cos thats mine with vista
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

OK testers, I'm hoping to get Rhen Var to you guys within the next couple of hours. I'm munging in the updated sides and sounds now, and once that's out of the way, I've got a couple of quick fixes and tweaks to do.

Wow, I did a clean then munge of everything and it just finished in the time it took me to write this post! I love my new computer. :P

Edit: Yes! Sounds work, first try.

Edit2: Still have some minor problems, but I'm going to send it out to the testers anyway. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow, so I won't be able to work on it over the next week and a half.

Edit3: Okay, the beta has been sent.
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

so i guess im not on the team? i really wanted to beta too....
obiboba3po
2008 Most Technically Challenging Avatar
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by obiboba3po »

Super_Clone wrote:so i guess im not on the team? i really wanted to beta too....
i think it was mostly the more experienced GTers. :wink: (me nd fluffy didnt get on either)
like xavious said, its not cause he hates us. i havent even gotten around to testing ...er...i mean "feedbacking" to elfies map yet :lol: *runs and hides in corner*