(1)Rhen Var: 607th Assault

The series of maps created by Xavious that follow the story of the 607th legion.

Moderator: Moderators

Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Re: (1)Rhen Var: 607th Assault

Post by Xavious »

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

About the gunships, they were in an earlier version of the map and were removed, but some people complained about it and wanted them back. I didn't really want to, so I figured I'd ask to see if anybody else wants them. From the looks of it, no, I won't put them back in.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AlexSecura »

Not much to tell about this beta.

Zhaus saber hilt fits very good and Vaks is great like he was before.
The new Weapon Sounds are very cool

For me the Battle is focused too much on the first 3 cps. The other CPs and the Temple arent much implemented into the Battle.
The Battle is nearly over when you reach the Temple.10-15 enemys needs to be killed then the Battle is over.
Some placed Turrets here and there would be cool.
Grievous is missing ingame.
I played 3 full Levels and never have seen him running around while battleing my way forward to the Temple.

Theres no need to fly gunships by myself but i prefere to see them flying arround but if you dont like them,theres no need to add them. :wink:
H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

Yeah, I was playing and I wanted to capture CP 2 so that the CIS would be stuck in the trenches and stuff, because that would be cool. But I couldn't capture the CP (got killed a lot) so they just held it till there was like 50 enemies left and I won the game. So yeah, turrets would be cool and maybe a make CP 0 neutral and all the CPs on the republics side neutral or Republic and add a few more CPs to the CIS side of the map. Also, theres that big round building off to the side of the temple that seems kinda useless. Maybe a CP there? But thats a lot of CPs, so whatever.

I see Grievous running around though. He is a bit hard to spot among all the droids but he comes around to kill me eventually.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Hebes24 »

Eggman basically said it all, as far as bug reports and atmosphere are concerned. Overall, it is a very professional feeling map. I agree with him about sides as well, but I do feel that they need more balancing. I lost BAD as the CIS every time I played, and as the 607th it was still a close match, but they were the clear dominant force. (which may be what you want, because it's the 607th's story)

You have an excellent map here, Xavious and it's a pleasure to be able to beta test it.

Bugs:
-The group of barrels near the temple CP's are floating (both sides)
All of the others I noticed have been reported.
H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

Ive noticed that by the second set of bridges the CIS favor one more than the other. They use the right one a lot more and all the fighting occurs on that bridge. Also, where the CIS side of the map meets the bridges the AI occasionnally bunch up. It may be due to the AATs never moving and the droids get stuck behind them. Ill post some screenies soon.

EDIT: HEre's a pic of that weird traffic jam bug.
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by fai222 »

First of all i like the map more than before. The units are realy cool and i realy like the 607th Legion. The new weapons are much better than before. I think the CIS sniper sound should stay. I think the sound makes you feel like you are using the CIS sniper from the 2D Clone Wars series. One thing i realy think you should change is the power of the REP sniper. I dont know if it makes the sides balanced of not, but i think it is too powerfull.

The tarrain is great, but one idea i got an idea while playing the map. I looked down on the river, but it felt like something was missing. I think it would be a great idea to add some fog on top of the water. I think if will make the river a lot more better to look at.

It is just one thing. The REP wins too easy. In the beggining things look good for the CIS, but suddenly they lose one CP after an other. Then the battle ends REP 86 - CIS 0. To be honest i havent won as the CIS yet. Always when it looks like i win, the stupid AIs just die and die and die. Then i lose. I dont think you should make the REP less powerfull, what you should do is making the CIS more powerfull. One idea is to add Magna Guards with staffs, or you could add something else. Its just an idea. General Grevios always had is Magna Guards with him you know.

Here is some screens of other things i found.
As you see this is a flying part of the CIS main base object.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Now i dont know if it is the meant to be a little burried by the snow, but anyway ill post it just in case.
Hidden/Spoiler:
As you see this CP is flying a little bit.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The top of this object is a little bit... wierd. I understand if it is difficult to change this. It is not a has-to-be-done thing.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Try to imagen fog on the top of the water. I think it would be much cooler.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sorry if i use bad english. It isnt my first language.
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Darth Revan »

Nothings been happening in the last few days is this still on
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

Darth Revan wrote:Nothings been happening in the last few days is this still on
i dont know if i should comment this
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Then dont.

I just played Rhen Var and the first thing is unit count. Make another mode for us sucky computer users called very few units on the battlefield. The lag was unbearable.

More later, since I only played for about 5 minutes. All weapons I tested, and all work fine.
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

where can i dowload this map (if i can)??
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Released Maps Topic

Though I'd highly suggest waiting for the final map pack. It's not that far off now.

Also, be sure not to bump topics over a month old. It's against the rules.

*LOCKED*

(If the beta testers have any further reports on this map, PM me)