My Battle for middle earth 2 mod

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

MetalcoreRancor
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf origin
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

My Battle for middle earth 2 mod

Post by MetalcoreRancor »

http://www.xfire.com/video/2876f/

This video showcases Mirkwood. I intend on posting more videos as I go along, building up to an actual release.

This project has been off and on under works since 2006, and my original goal was to make Bfme2 better then Rotwk, and only using stuff from bfme2, no new models or anything (partially cause at the time I had no knowledge of how to do stuff like that, still have trouble getting things localized.)

The mod contains so much added content that it IS better then Rotwk, in my humble opinion.

Added factions include:

Rohan seperated from Men, special units: the Mages

Far Harad: Special Units: Zombie King, Balrog Sorcerers

Mirkwood: All around strong faction. No real special units, but no weak ones either.
Special heros: Vampire bats, Wraith king, giant Shelob

Nature: Special units: Eagles from Eagle Erie (special eagles with VERY strong weapons.)
Tornado hero unit

All the base factions have recieved additional units, 2 specific factions gained "special units" to counter-act the new factions ones. Dwarves and Goblins.
Dwarves have 5 heroic dwarf units, Goblins have access to 4 different dragons to attack the eaglets, and 2 wyrm creatures.

Most if not all guard towers produce 15 buffed individual guard units that roam around guarding the tower, and become usable if the tower dies or is sold.
All economy structures are DESIGNED for SPAMMING. So spam away!

All naval units build faster. Watcher is a buildable unit from the evil factions to use in water, plans are in route to make more naval ships.

Remember.. this isn't about making something remotely close to Lord of the Rings lore, it's about making crazy fun strategic units and seeing how much destruction you can reign down on your opponents.
Commander_Cody771
Vader's Apprentice
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Re: My Battle for middle earth 2 mod

Post by Commander_Cody771 »

Nice mod. BTW would you know why my mods that I make never show up ingame?
MetalcoreRancor
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Games I'm Playing :: swbf origin

Re: My Battle for middle earth 2 mod

Post by MetalcoreRancor »

That depends. There are many forms to get them to show up. You can rig a .big via shortcut when you put it in the map folder in applications place. You can make it into a ____ini.big like my mod is, and put it in the main bfme2 folder, so it overrides and runs the modified ini files through ini.big and therefore runs your mod. Or you can do the data/ini folder in the mods folder.