What are YOU modding? (what games)

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

What are YOU modding? (what games)

Post by Teancum »

(Yellow words are links)

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PC)
**Team member for the Official Characters Mod, which adds all the official characters on all systems to the PC version. (not very active on this anymore)
**Author of the War Machine character mod. (finished)
**Team member for the Alternate Skins section, which allows you to swap out costumes for other costumes you might like better. (not very active on this anymore)
**Team member on the X-Men Legends PC project, which converts the original X-Men Legends game over to the PC. (we released a demo hoping to get some more folks willing to help, but just got a bunch of moochers who wanted the whole game, but not to help --project is basically abandoned)

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Xbox)
**Author of the Xbox Special Edition mod, which adds Moon Knight, Colossus, Gambit and Angel to the game. The new version (still a work in progress) adds Moon Knight Hulk, Gambit and War Machine plus replaces Nick Fury with Iron Fist. It requires a modded Xbox (you must already know how) and your original Marvel: Ultimate Alliance disc. (first version finished, have to finish Hulk/do sounds for the final)

X-Men Legends II (Xbox)
**Author of the X-Men Legends II Special Edition mod (still a work in progress) which adds Psylocke and Mystique as playable characters, and gives each character a large number of additional skins to choose from. As with the M:UA Xbox mod, it requires a modded Xbox (you must already know how) and your original X-Men Legends II disc. (all skins updated and an early version of Mystique is in -Haven't played with this for awhile)

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (PC)
**Working on a sort of "Guitar Hero 3.5". I have Rock Band on the 360, but I only have GH3/Aerosmith on PC. Aerosmith adds some features like custom bands per-song, and a rhythm guitarist on any song you want, so I'm working on combining the two games. So far I've got the God Of Rock as a new unlockable character in GH:A (ported from GH3) but not much else. I'm more playing around with it than anything else. There's still a lot of stuff, such as scripting, which hasn't been reverse engineered yet, so there's only so much I can do. I'd like to add in the entire career for both games, plus all characters. (One of those "for personal use only" type of mods, as it's too hard to package in a legally releasable format -- I'd have to require both discs be inserted at different times of the install)

Star Wars: Battlefront II
**Conversion Pack 2.0 -- gathering a bug list and discussing with Mav whether it would be worth the effort to make a hotfix patch
**My 'sandbox' map -- basically a testing ground, I just use it to learn new tricks. Currently I'm playing around with a Halo 3 "The Pit" type of level. Botpathing and whatnot actually work really well, and it's somewhat fun to play. Not ready for any public pics or anything, and likely will just remain a testing ground for me

Anyways, most of this stuff is either going slow or is at a complete stand still as real life is much more important and pressing at the moment.

. . . so what about you?
MercuryNoodles
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Space - Boarding Action

Re: What are YOU modding? (what games)

Post by MercuryNoodles »

I suppose I could expose what I'm doing, or want to do.

Trespasser (aka the "digital sequel" to The Lost World)

* Malcolm Effect - I'm the sole force behind this, despite the colorful name. It's meant to be a mod that allows you to go to both Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna as they are in the films, or as close as a small time modder like myself could recreate. I was originally going to start with reskins, enabling unused sounds, and new levels, working my way into modeling as I progressed. I forgot how much I'd had planned, but it was meant to be fairly large mod, even though my skills were lacking. - All but abandoned due to lack of time, lack of help, and a huge falling out with a close friend.

* Beyond Paradigm - Same as above, but this was meant to be as faithful as possible to the novels. - All but abandoned for the same reasons.

* Various modded levels for personal use - I know I changed IT, the town level, for certain. I put in the unused taser rifle, removed the noenter regions from the buildings, placed a T. rex inside the town, started an expansion of the area leading from the normally locked gate, aligned the messed up power lines, grounded a lot of hastily placed objects, and a few other things. I think I also had a variation of the TestScene level, which I was using as a sandbox level. It was just an empty level with the main gate, a SPAS-12, and a B-tribe raptor. The rest, I don't recall, though I'm sure I did a lot of object grounding for many levels.

They've been on the backburner for a couple of years now, and I still keep the source files I was planning on using, but I have little hope of getting this started again. I'd have to rekindle my fandom of JP, but I'd also need to work out a way to keep away from the people involved with my former friend, because that's by far the most difficult thing. Trespasser's an older game and a real pain in the arse to mod, but I've always loved playing it and messing around with what tools were made. Every now and then I still play it, and a few of my mod levels.

SW: Battlefront II

* Space: Boarding Action - This, I suppose, has become my flagship map. O_O It started out as an attempt to make a simple MP space map with some interiors. Roughly, I was going for the Battlefront equivalent of the stock map Jordan Market Siege from Soldier of Fortune 2 using characters from a story I was working on, but it's now a sort of "proof of concept" for a fully functioning boarding map, complete with custom sides and everything else I can throw at it, including the kitchen sink. Yes, it's still in progress. I'm hoping to put out a second beta before I move into working on what I would call the actual release version. This is temporarily on hold as I catch up on other projects.

* DMI - I'm pretty sure you know of RepSharpShooter's infamous map idea. Still working on my lot model. I really feel I'm not making enough progress with this, as I seem to be constantly running into model problems, particularly dealing with UVs and textures. I really need to give it more attention.

* Space: Centax-2 - This is the current name for my upcoming contribution to BF0. This is also a boarding map, though it focuses more on the CW era at the moment. This map is in progress, but it's in the early stages of development, so I don't have much to offer in the way of solid details.

* Tantive IV: Noodle Edition :P - It's just an idea I've had floating around in my head for as long as I can remember, but I hope to get to it one day. Basically, I was thinking of making an expanded version of the Tantive map, mostly with the stock level assets, giving it some custom sides, and possibly a "hunt" mode where it's more or less faithful to ANH. Something like that, anyway.

I'm in the same boat, pretty much, and I'm single. :P No time, no time! Going to be late! *runs for a small hole* Anyway, yeah, that's what I have in mind, though one or two things may be missing. I think there was a C&C Renegade map/mod I'd wanted to make, along with a C&C3 mod, but my memory is foggy and I never typed up any ideas. Just about anything I do in gaming or writing that's something I really feel is important, I make notes on and save them into a doc, rtf, or txt file (if I don't actually write it down) so that I never forget. Otherwise, I lose it in the fog that is my mind, or just get too caught up in my routine to ever deal with it.
Hebes24
Sith Master
Sith Master
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Hebes24 »

Nothing:

I'm too busy with school to mod. Maybe this summer I'll get back into SWBF2. We'll see.
Karnage
Commander Randomtoast
Games I'm Playing :: Overwatch

Post by Karnage »

Half Life 2:

Just figuring out the basics for now. We'll see what happens later.

Star Wars Battlefront 2:

Comes up every now and then.

I've started something and it'll get finished. It's the "when" that's the question. I probably won't release any information about it till I'm either finished or getting there.

Crysis:

Well, technically the demo. But just you wait! Once I get a new computer and actually buy the game, I'll be doing quite a bit of messing around.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Star Wars Battlefront II
I'm working on a game feature so far only 3 people know about, which allows you to choose your legion you play as. This will most likely allow me to discontinue Clone remnant, while keeping it present in all my maps. This is probably my biggest project right now, that and Clone remnant Naboo.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Star Wars Battlefront II
If you count modeling and skinning then yeah, I'm modding it.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

Source Engine:
Making lots of maps, testing out Source Mod capabilities, and working on my "eventual" company dealing mostly with the Source engine.

Garry's Mod:
Might try making some weapons and content for it. It's really quite easy, and it uses .lua files!
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

playnileonline.com Beta Tester

I'm currently beta testing an online browser based MMO
http://www.playnileonline.com/(which is now in Public beta test).
Its a slow but fun city builder based in Egypt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hinterland Tool Free Mod Producer
an rpg/diablo clone, also a steam release. I make mods using hex editors
http://www.gametoast.com/hinterland

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I currently play the above games as well as Neverwinter Nights 2 daily. Everquest 2 I play a few times a month.
MasterSaitek009
Black Sun Slicer

Post by MasterSaitek009 »

-Battlefront 2
Working on a yet to be named urban map, Rihaken v.2 with a campaign mode, and an RPG that I have planned out extensively.

-Warcraft 3
For a couple of years I worked on a mod team that was attempting to create WoW for Wc3. I gained a lot of experience in scripting/programming in Wc3's JASS scripting language. For which I got to build quite a few very complicated systems. It was pretty fun. But, sadly the project lost a lot of steam and everyone but the leader left. I'm now not actively modding Warcraft 3. But JASS is still one of my favorite scripting languages.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Star Wars Battlefront 2

* BattlefrontZero
My first big, and last mod for Battlefront 2. It includes everything i make, and i work basicly everyday on it. We also got a great team of modders!
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

MandeRek wrote:Star Wars Battlefront 2

* BattlefrontZero
My first big, and last mod for Battlefront 2. It includes everything i make, and i work basicly everyday on it. We also got a great team of modders!
Hmm... Never heard of that. :P

I've started making SWeps for Garry's Mod, and the /\.lua coding is really alike. Here's an example of an 'AR3'.
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]

if ( SERVER ) then

AddCSLuaFile( "shared.lua" )
resource.AddFile("sound/ar3/fire-1.wav")
SWEP.HoldType = "ar2"

end

if ( CLIENT ) then

SWEP.PrintName = "Overwatch Experimental Modified Standard Issue (Pulse Rifle 2/AR3)"
SWEP.Author = "Shs"
SWEP.Slot = 2
SWEP.SlotPos = 3

end

SWEP.Spawnable = true
SWEP.AdminSpawnable = true

SWEP.ViewModel = "models/weapons/v_iRifle.mdl"
SWEP.WorldModel = "models/weapons/w_iRifle.mdl"
SWEP.ViewModelFlip = false

SWEP.Weight = 5
SWEP.AutoSwitchTo = false
SWEP.AutoSwitchFrom = false

SWEP.Primary.Recoil = 0.5
SWEP.Primary.Damage = 30
SWEP.Primary.NumShots = 1
SWEP.Primary.Cone = 0.015
SWEP.Primary.ClipSize = 35
SWEP.Primary.Delay = 0.08
SWEP.Primary.DefaultClip = 300
SWEP.Primary.Automatic = true
SWEP.Primary.Ammo = "ar2"

SWEP.Secondary.ClipSize = -1
SWEP.Secondary.DefaultClip = 50
SWEP.Secondary.Automatic = true
SWEP.Secondary.Delay = 0.35
SWEP.Secondary.Ammo = "Ar2AltFire"

util.PrecacheSound("ar3/fire-1.wav")
util.PrecacheSound("weapons/Irifle/irifle_fire2.wav")
util.PrecacheSound("weapons/cguard/charging.wav")
util.PrecacheSound("weapons/pistol/pistol_empty.wav")
util.PrecacheSound("weapons/mortar/mortar_fire1.wav")
util.PrecacheSound("weapons/mortar/mortar_explode1.wav")
util.PrecacheSound("weapons/mortar/mortar_explode2.wav")
util.PrecacheSound("weapons/mortar/mortar_explode3.wav")
util.PrecacheSound("weapons/mortar/mortar_shell_incomming1.wav")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

local Right = 5
local Forward = 14
local Up = -3
local canshoot2nd = true
local charging = false

function SWEP:PrimaryAttack()
self.Weapon:SetNextPrimaryFire( CurTime() + self.Primary.Delay )
if self.Weapon:Clip1() > 0 then

self:shoot(self.Primary.Damage, self.Primary.Recoil, self.Primary.NumShots, self.Primary.Cone, 45, 1)
self.Weapon:EmitSound("ar3/fire-1.wav")
else
if self.Weapon:Ammo1() > 0 then
self.Weapon:DefaultReload( ACT_VM_RELOAD )
else
self.Weapon:EmitSound("weapons/pistol/pistol_empty.wav")
end
end
end

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

function SWEP:SecondaryAttack()
self.Weapon:SetNextSecondaryFire( CurTime() + self.Secondary.Delay )
if self.Weapon:Ammo2() > 0 then
self.Weapon:TakeSecondaryAmmo( 1 )
if canshoot2nd == true then
self.Weapon:EmitSound("weapons/cguard/charging.wav")
timer.Simple(0.49, Makeballs, self.Owner)
timer.Simple(0.5, Launchballs, self.Owner)
timer.Simple(0.51, reset)
end
if canshoot2nd == false and charging == false then
charging = true
local tracer = self.Owner:GetEyeTrace()
local targpos = tracer.HitPos
local MuzzlePos = self.Owner:GetShootPos() + (self.Owner:GetRight() * Right) + (self.Owner:GetUp() * Up) + (self.Owner:GetForward() * Forward) + (self.Owner:GetAimVector() * 6)
self.Weapon:EmitSound("weapons/mortar/mortar_fire1.wav")
timer.Simple(1.5, spawnbeam_mortar, MuzzlePos, targpos, self.Owner)
self.Owner:Freeze(true)
timer.Simple(1.51, reset1, self.Weapon, self.Owner)
for x=1,10 do
local time = x/10
timer.Simple(time, spawnbeam_charge, MuzzlePos, targpos, tostring(x), x, self.Owner)
end
end
end
if self.Weapon:Ammo2() == 0 then
self.Weapon:EmitSound("weapons/pistol/pistol_empty.wav")
end
end

function reset1(wep, dood)
wep:reset()
dood:Freeze(false)
end

function SWEP:reset()
charging = false
end

local AR3Impact = function(attacker, tr, dmginfo)

local imp = EffectData()
imp:SetOrigin(tr.HitPos)
imp:SetNormal(tr.HitNormal)
imp:SetScale(8)
imp:SetRadius(8)
imp:SetMagnitude(8)
util.Effect("AR2Explosion",imp)

util.BlastDamage(dmginfo:GetInflictor(),attacker,tr.HitPos,25,12)

return true
end

function SWEP:shoot( dmg, recoil, num, spread, frc, amm ) -- thanks vtnmrebel or garry or someone

local shot = {}
shot.Num = num
shot.Src = self.Owner:GetShootPos()
shot.Dir = self.Owner:GetAimVector()
shot.Spread = Vector( spread, spread, 0 )
shot.Tracer = 1
shot.TracerName = "Ar2Tracer"
shot.Force = frc
shot.Damage = dmg
shot.Callback = AR3Impact

self.Weapon:SendWeaponAnim( ACT_VM_PRIMARYATTACK )
self.Owner:MuzzleFlash()
self.Owner:SetAnimation( PLAYER_ATTACK1 )
self:TakePrimaryAmmo( amm )
self.Owner:FireBullets( shot )

self.Owner:ViewPunch( Angle( math.Rand(-0.2,-0.1) * recoil, math.Rand(-0.1,0.1) * recoil, 0 ) )

if ( (SinglePlayer() && SERVER) || ( !SinglePlayer() && CLIENT ) ) then

local eyeang = self.Owner:EyeAngles()
eyeang.pitch = eyeang.pitch - recoil
self.Owner:SetEyeAngles( eyeang )
end

end

function Makeballs(own)
local MuzzlePos = own:GetShootPos() + (own:GetRight() * Right) + (own:GetUp() * Up) + (own:GetForward() * Forward)
own:EmitSound("weapons/Irifle/irifle_fire2.wav")
local ballz = ents.Create("point_combine_ball_launcher");
ballz:SetKeyValue("bullseyename", ""..own:EntIndex().."")
ballz:SetKeyValue("launchconenoise","0");
ballz:SetKeyValue("maxballbounces","3");
ballz:SetPos(MuzzlePos);
ballz:SetAngles(own:GetAngles());
ballz:Spawn();
ballz:Activate();
ballz:Fire("launchball","",0);
ballz:Fire("kill","",0);
end

function Launchballs(own2)
local launch2 = ents.FindInSphere( own2:GetPos(), 100 )
for i=1,table.getn(launch2) do
if string.find(launch2:GetClass(), "prop_combine_ball") then
local phys2 = launch2:GetPhysicsObject();
launch2:SetOwner(own2);
phys2:SetVelocity(own2:GetAimVector() * 1800);
end
end
end

function spawnbeam_charge(from, to, width, charges, playah)
entItem = ents.Create("info_target")
entItem:SetKeyValue("targetname", "entItem")
entItem:Spawn()
entItem:SetPos(to)
beam1 = ents.Create("env_laser")
beam1:SetOwner(playah)
beam1:SetKeyValue("renderamt", "200")
beam1:SetKeyValue("rendercolor", "32 32 16")
beam1:SetKeyValue("texture", "sprites/laserbeam.spr")
beam1:SetKeyValue("TextureScroll", "50")
beam1:SetKeyValue("targetname", "beam1" )
beam1:SetKeyValue("renderfx", "2")
beam1:SetKeyValue("width", width)
beam1:SetKeyValue("dissolvetype", "None")
beam1:SetKeyValue("EndSprite", "")
beam1:SetKeyValue("LaserTarget", "entItem")
beam1:SetKeyValue("TouchType", "-1")
beam1:SetKeyValue("NoiseAmplitude", "0")
beam1:Spawn()
beam1:SetPos(from)
beam1:Fire("TurnOn", "", 0.01)
beam1:Fire("kill", "", 0.5)
entItem:Fire("kill", "", 0.51)
if charges == 5 then
playah:EmitSound("weapons/mortar/mortar_shell_incomming1.wav")
end
end

function spawnbeam_mortar(fromi, toi, playahi)
local tarce = playahi:GetEyeTrace()
local normpos = tarce.HitNormal
playahi:EmitSound("weapons/mortar/mortar_explode"..math.random(1,3)..".wav")
entItem2 = ents.Create("info_target")
entItem2:SetKeyValue("targetname", "entItem2")
entItem2:Spawn()
entItem2:SetPos(toi)
beam2 = ents.Create("env_laser")
beam2:SetOwner(playahi)
beam2:SetKeyValue("renderamt", "200")
beam2:SetKeyValue("rendercolor", "255 255 255")
beam2:SetKeyValue("texture", "sprites/laserbeam.spr")
beam2:SetKeyValue("TextureScroll", "50")
beam2:SetKeyValue("targetname", "beam2" )
beam2:SetKeyValue("renderfx", "2")
beam2:SetKeyValue("width", "10")
beam2:SetKeyValue("dissolvetype", "None")
beam2:SetKeyValue("EndSprite", "")
beam2:SetKeyValue("LaserTarget", "entItem2")
beam2:SetKeyValue("TouchType", "-1")
beam2:SetKeyValue("NoiseAmplitude", "0")
beam2:Spawn()
beam2:SetPos(fromi)
beam2:Fire("TurnOn", "", 0.01)
beam2:Fire("kill", "", 0.4)
entItem2:Fire("kill", "", 0.41)

local data = EffectData()
data:SetOrigin(toi)
data:SetRadius(250)
data:SetNormal(normpos)
data:SetMagnitude(175)
data:SetScale(175)
util.Effect("AR2Explosion", data)

local bang = ents.Create("env_ar2explosion")
bang:SetPos(toi)
bang:SetKeyValue("material","particle/particle_smokegrenade")
bang:Spawn()
bang:Fire("explode","",0)
bang:Remove()

local pain = ents.Create("point_hurt")
pain:SetKeyValue("DamageRadius", "256")
pain:SetKeyValue("Damage", "99999")
pain:SetKeyValue("DamageDelay", "0.35")
pain:SetKeyValue("DamageType", "67108864")
pain:SetPos(toi)
pain:Fire("TurnOn" , "", 0)
pain:Fire("TurnOff" , "", 0.4)
pain:Fire("kill", "", 0.41)
pain:SetOwner(playahi)
end

function SWEP:Think()
if charging == false then
if self.Owner:KeyDown(IN_USE) then
self.Secondary.Automatic = false
self.Secondary.Delay = 3.5
canshoot2nd = false
else
self.Secondary.Automatic = true
self.Secondary.Delay = 0.35
canshoot2nd = true
end
end
end

function SWEP:Holster()
if charging == true then
return false;
else
return true;
end
end

function SWEP:OnDrop()
charging = false
canshoot2nd = true
return true
end[/code]

It's really cool how I already kind of know what to do. :)
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi
xbox live or psn: NullCommando

Post by NullCommando »

Star Wars Battlefront 2:

Part of BF0 Project.
And afterwards, the Clone Wars project.
Likes to make skins :D

I'd REALLY, like to learn how to mkae mods and new "games" with the Valve editor.
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Darth Revan »

Whats the Clone Wars Project Null?
SWBF2
Skinning
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi

Post by NullCommando »

Mod/Map project, where I re-create battels from the Clone Wars, New sounds, new skins, and most likely new models.
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Darth Revan »

Sounds like BF0 does it have a homepage or thread?
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi

Post by NullCommando »

It's not been started yet...
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

StarWars BattleFront II
Working on something right now that should have a beta release tomrrow. Doing some finishing touchs on my convo pack sides mod, and have two maps that are done, but plagued with random crashs mid-game.
Thats all I mod right now, but I've been looking at a few games lately that I'm thinking of getting that can be modded.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

NullCommando wrote:...new models.
I'd love to help there.[/off topic]
Master of Stickmen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Location: In your ear, pretending to be that voice in your head you call your "concience".

Post by Master of Stickmen »

Empire at War/Forces of Corruption

I don't do public mods.... just Xml editing and maps.

nothin' special

i might go public with a few maps, but i don't know if ppl will like them....
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Just some random maps.

I use to mod Star Wars: Empire at War and The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II but I never released anything.