Battle for middle earth modding question

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

agzilla123
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Battle for middle earth modding question

Post by agzilla123 »

Well, I normally mod Battlefront 2, so i am not really great at modding battle for middle earth. I have a pretty nooby question.

Does anyone know how to edit (using world builder) one of the originaly maps that automatically comes with the game? There must be a way to, otherwise maps like seven level minas tirith would be very difficult to make. Also, I just saw a map that said, "the original Folindon map with a few changes."

So how do you edit these original maps?

Any help would be appreciated.
Ka-Ching
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Battle for middle earth modding question

Post by Ka-Ching »

well i would assume go to the game's map folder and load up the map with the map editor.
agzilla123
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by agzilla123 »

That is exactly what i would think, but the .map files are no there. In fact, there is nothing in the map folder except a .bak file. It is really weird.

Any ideas on how to find the .map files?

Any help would be appreciated.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

oooohhh, a bak file, those are usually encripted. But I can't be too sure for this game, since I have no BFME modding skills.
Silas
Captain
Captain
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Silas »

i just got into modding that game too (i got it new for only ten bucks :) ), and i was wondering the same thing. What you could do is go to this site -----> http://lordoftherings.filefront.com/

go to the tutorial section. It's kinda confusing, and much harder in my opinion to do than BF2 modding, but you could probably figure it out. I've been having too much fun playing multiplayer, and haven't done much modding-wise for it
Master_Ben
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Watching your PC over your shoulder. No, the other sholder....

Post by Master_Ben »

Silas wrote:i just got into modding that game too (i got it new for only ten bucks :) ), and i was wondering the same thing. What you could do is go to this site -----> http://lordoftherings.filefront.com/

go to the tutorial section. It's kinda confusing, and much harder in my opinion to do than BF2 modding, but you could probably figure it out. I've been having too much fun playing multiplayer, and haven't done much modding-wise for it
Ah, good old BFME... That used to be the only game I played! :mrgreen: I tried my luck in Worldbuilder. I had some fun, but it seemed too much work. After all, I was onlu 9 :wink: . I agree with Silas. That's what I'd do.