RJ RotWK Mod

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Is it harder?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

RJ RotWK Mod

Post by Delta 47 »

Does anyone here play this mod? I really like it, its a huge makeover of the Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth II + The Rise of the Witch King game. It includes 10 factions and 30 new maps. The newest release can be found here.

For those of you who've played it what are your likes/dislikes about it? I find all of the new units fun but it seems the AI have gotten harder but is that just me? I use to be able to easily beat a Brutal enemy on 0% handicapped but now its 25% handicapped and I'm like man get me out of here! There goes my fortress! I don't know maybe its just me and I haven't gotten all the new tricks and stuff that came with the mod and the AI have it mastered.
Master_Ben
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Watching your PC over your shoulder. No, the other sholder....

Re: RJ RotWK Mod

Post by Master_Ben »

I don't have it, but it looks sick.
Blade
Captain
Captain

Post by Blade »

I have it, and it's rather impressive. The updates to the factions are very well made, especially the Elven faction, which I think will be awesome once it's completed.
However... I thought that the Men of the East faction was made rather poorly (it felt like I was playing Gondor, but instead of horses, they were Mumakil), and the AI didn't work correctly (their builders just stood around their base and did nothing) on some maps.

All in all, it's pretty fun, and yes, I think it's rather harder, but I thought that the Battle for Middle Earth II Special Extended Edition mod was better.
jedi_pilot
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by jedi_pilot »

I have both S.E.E an RJ, and I have to say that both are trully impressive additions to the game.

Yeah, It's seems harder, but I like it when a game is impossible to beat because it keeps me occupied longer :) ... I'd have to say my favorite thing about RJ is the seperation of MotW into two seperate factions :yes: ...
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta 47 »

Blade wrote:I thought that the Men of the East faction was made rather poorly (it felt like I was playing Gondor, but instead of horses, they were Mumakil), and the AI didn't work correctly (their builders just stood around their base and did nothing) on some maps.
Yeah, MotE were really dull too but I think they can get better as the mod improves.
jedi_pilot wrote:I have both S.E.E an RJ, and I have to say that both are trully impressive additions to the game.

Yeah, It's seems harder, but I like it when a game is impossible to beat because it keeps me occupied longer :) ... I'd have to say my favorite thing about RJ is the seperation of MotW into two seperate factions :yes: ...
I use to play S.E.E. before I bought the Expansion Pack and that's the only reason I don't play it anymore because why play a mod for the original game when you own the expansion pack and there's a full scale mod for RotWK? Yeah, but I gotta agree S.E.E. mod was great, just missing a few new units that RotWK and RJ RotWK have.

I completely forgot about the fact that even though RotWK made it harder to play it does give it a challenge to beat one enemy instead of adding another enemy to make things harder.
jedi_pilot
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by jedi_pilot »

Yeah, It's nice because then the game won't lag because there's multiple sides.

I think one of the best things about RJ is that it made a detailed Rohan side like what they had in BFMEI only adding more units :) .
Master of Stickmen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Location: In your ear, pretending to be that voice in your head you call your "concience".

Post by Master of Stickmen »

It's pretty good, but the elves don't show up as separate factions (I have v1.06). It would be a lot better for me If I got that figured out. :yes:
Valthero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Valthero »

I have Battle for Middle-Earth II, but not the RotWK expansion..I want it so bad :?
jedi_pilot
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by jedi_pilot »

Well, I thought vanilla ROTWK was lame, but with mods like RJ, it's worth the extra money :) ...
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta 47 »

Master of Stickmen wrote:It's pretty good, but the elves don't show up as separate factions (I have v1.06). It would be a lot better for me If I got that figured out. :yes:
The new Elven factions don't just show up in the factions list. You have to start a game under the faction "Elves" and than there will be a buildable fortress like in BFME1 in-game and when you click on it you can pick which faction you want - Rivendell or Lothlorien. Different setup I know but the Elven factions are sweet. I guess it was setup like that because the factions list was getting a little overcrowded.
Master of Stickmen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Location: In your ear, pretending to be that voice in your head you call your "concience".

Post by Master of Stickmen »

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thx! :P