Halo 2

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Thunder
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Halo 2

Post by Thunder »

After getting Halo 2 I have decided to start modding it, So far I have edited ingame tags and made a Dual, Wield Energy Swords mod.
Hidden/Spoiler:
EDIT: Lower Size Image:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I can upload the download link to this a bit later.
Last edited by Thunder on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Halo 2

Post by DarthHamster »

That looks pretty cool, I've always liked Halo 2. Do you plan to do more modding with it?

EDIT: You might want to put that picture in hide tags, it's a little big and makes the page lag.
Thunder
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Thunder »

Ok thanks for the tip
Yeah I'm currently learning about textures and effects. Do you have Halo 2 for the PC? If so whats your gamertag?
Heres mine
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Mine's mswf, or mcswiff, I can't check right now. I might log into halo again if you guys are there as well.
[Skirata] Atin [General]
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: The Legend of Cyro
Games I'm Playing :: Mass Effect 3

Post by [Skirata] Atin [General] »

looks cool! (what about shotgun dual?)
Thunder
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Thunder »

I'm working on Sniper Dual, Shotgun Dual, Rocket Launcher Dual, and Battlerifle Dual right now
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by DarthHamster »

Thunder wrote:I'm working on Sniper Dual, Shotgun Dual, Rocket Launcher Dual, and Battlerifle Dual right now
That sounds great, I'm really looking forward to it! Now about the dual energy swords, I'm a little confused on how your going to do it. I assume that they can both be swung at the same time (click left and right mouse button at the same time), so are you going to make it so the sword in the right hand swings to the left and the sword in the left hand swings to the right? Because if you made it so they both swung to the left (like the righthanded sword in the game) that would be a little strange.
Thunder
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Thunder »

Right now there is no Animation for the left hand energy sword, and when you attack with that hand, it will drop the sword (This glitch apllies for all weapons dual wielded with the energy sword)
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by DarthHamster »

Thunder wrote:Right now there is no Animation for the left hand energy sword, and when you attack with that hand, it will drop the sword (This glitch apllies for all weapons dual wielded with the energy sword)
Ah, I see. Do you plan on doing any changes to campaign maps? I'm planning to start modding Halo 2 myself once I've got the time and I was going to start by editing the enemy AI in the campaign maps (making a bunch of Elite's with swords appear on different parts of the map or an army of Hunters etc. I was going to make the game harder for myself by adding these enemys.

For example, I've always wanted to edit the New Mombasa level which is my favorite. After I beat it in legendary I wanted a greater challenge. So I was going to add more sniper's all over the roof's and add more Ghost in the Warthog part and things like that.
Thunder
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Thunder »

I don't know how to add AI, But I do know how to change the path, type, and model. For example I know how to change all the grunts on Outskirts or anyother map to Hunters or Ultra Elites. Even The Marines :D I am also working on changing the Sgt. Johnson model into a Invinsible, Enraged Hunter.
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by DarthHamster »

Thunder wrote:I don't know how to add AI, But I do know how to change the path, type, and model. For example I know how to change all the grunts on Outskirts or anyother map to Hunters or Ultra Elites. Even The Marines :D I am also working on changing the Sgt. Johnson model into a Invinsible, Enraged Hunter.
That sounds great, I can't wait to see what you come out with! When you say your changing Sgt. Johnson into a Hunter do mean that the Hunter will be friendly AI and accompany you through missions (just like Johnson does)?

Also I'm just curious but are you learning how to mod Halo 2 off some tutorial or walkthrough that can be found on the web? It's just that I have searched alot and there doesn't seem to be that many good Halo 2 modding tutorials out there. There doesn't seem to be that many good Halo 2 mods either, which is why I'm excited for yours. :D
[Skirata] Atin [General]
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

which programm do you use?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I'm still an old-school Halo 2 Xbox guy. I think the mods'd be fun on PC, but I really only play Halo 2 in splitscreen anymore, so PC mods just aren't as fun. I wish they'd crack the map format for the Xbox (from what I've read recently, they're very close) that way 100% new maps can be made, and not just parts of the single player levels converted to MP.

But sadly the things I'd like to do the most can't be done on either versions. All maps are stuck with only two character types (I'd love to do 4-5 different Spartans and 4-5 different Elites) and new animations for things like the Mongoose -- but you can't. So I quit modding it awhile ago.
Thunder
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Thunder »

[Skirata] Atin [General] wrote:which programm do you use?
I use a program I found on google called Gravemind 1.5. It is used for tag editing
DarthHamster wrote:
Thunder wrote:I don't know how to add AI, But I do know how to change the path, type, and model. For example I know how to change all the grunts on Outskirts or anyother map to Hunters or Ultra Elites. Even The Marines :D I am also working on changing the Sgt. Johnson model into a Invinsible, Enraged Hunter.
That sounds great, I can't wait to see what you come out with! When you say your changing Sgt. Johnson into a Hunter do mean that the Hunter will be friendly AI and accompany you through missions (just like Johnson does)?

Also I'm just curious but are you learning how to mod Halo 2 off some tutorial or walkthrough that can be found on the web? It's just that I have searched alot and there doesn't seem to be that many good Halo 2 modding tutorials out there. There doesn't seem to be that many good Halo 2 mods either, which is why I'm excited for yours. :D
A friendlly hunter. I am using the hunter on the level, The sacred Journy as a base.
[Skirata] Atin [General]
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

NOOOO! dont change sgt. major Jhonson! he is the coolest character in halo :runaway:
but sounds great! cant wait!
what about the dual hand swords and shotgun/sniper? when do you post them? :atatpilot:
Thunder
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Thunder »

I am still working out a lot of the bugs for them
I don't know if Shotty-Snipers will be a good Dual wielding match
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by DarthHamster »

Thunder wrote:
[Skirata] Atin [General] wrote:which programm do you use?
I use a program I found on google called Gravemind 1.5. It is used for tag editing.
Thanks for sharing, it's odd I never found that while searching the web.

Thunder wrote:I am still working out a lot of the bugs for them.
That sounds great take your time, and when you have finished it I'd be happy to test it out and let you know of any bugs you may have missed.
Thunder
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Thunder »

DathHampster do you have xfire or twitter? If you do I can send you the link for the level "Outskirts" that i have started modding
DarthHamster
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by DarthHamster »

Thunder wrote:DarthHamster do you have xfire?
When I started gaming I mostly just stuck with single player. But as I began to get more games I planned to start doing some multiplayer. Now that I just got a powerful new gaming laptop I think the time is right to begin.

I just created an Xfire a few minutes ago. My username is cyborg1068

Send me whatever you want and I will be happy to test it.
[Skirata] Atin [General]
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

one question (maybe it dont mach to the rest...) i can play halo 2 on xp! i downloaded some tools and other things but now it works! but yust the level with gravemind doest work! wan anybody here help me?