Guitar Hero III for PC custom songs?

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Guitar Hero III for PC custom songs?

Post by Marth8880 »

Hey all, so I just recently got Guitar Hero III for the PC since my Xbox 360 is plagued with the FF0000 circlet of repose. I'm curious, where in the heck are all of the downloadable custom songs at on the Internet? I've found the ones that (I think) were made by Neversoft pretty easily, but where is the huge wealth of the ones made by the GH3 community?! I see all of these guides on ScoreHero, but there doesn't appear to be any specific list or place where its users showcase and upload their content to.

Does anybody here know where a lot of this content is uploaded to or hosted at? Thanks! I've tried looking around on Google but not really any relevant. I really wanna play myself some more Muse! :runaway:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Guitar Hero III for PC custom songs?

Post by Teancum »

**EDIT**

Finding songs is tough. Honestly there's the "dishonest route" but that's about all I'll say. Most sites are like us with content, since it's copyrighted they focus on protecting themselves. If you have an account on Scorehero you can download the .chart files, but you'll need the MP3s to go with them.

http://www.scorehero.com/custom_songs.php (must be logged in for this link to work)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Agh, well that's bothersome. Especially moreso when it comes to obtaining the separate guitar, bass, and rhythm tracks to every freakin' song. :roll: Well alright, thanks! :)
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Are you registered at ScoreHero? Cuz they have an index on the site :?
But you have to be logged in to see it.
http://www.scorehero.com/custom_songs.php
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Yeah, I just registered, and Tean already just posted that link lol. :lol:

I have another question: How exactly do I download the files? When I click the download link for a song, I am taken to a relatively blank page at savefile.com. For example, Agitated by Muse takes me to this: http://www.savefile.com/files/1955691/?gtnjs=13337481077c7868438e85aeb6cd4ba54524277f50