Operation Flashpoint 1 (Cold War Assault) Modding

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Operation Flashpoint 1 (Cold War Assault) Modding

Post by RevanSithLord »

(Forewarning: If anyone complains about graphics, this isn't the place for you. This game is from 2001, of course the graphics aren't going to be up to current gen....)

Well, for those here who played this gem from 2001, welcome! For those getting into it, well, don't I have a treat for you?

....well, if you like Command & Conquer I guess this would be cool, but this is my current addon pack for it I'm making.

Two promoshots from my current addon pack, which comes in 3 eras and 4 phases.

GDI and Nod Minigunners (they were called that in Tiberian Dawn)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The plan for the addon packs:
Eras:
Tiberian Dawn (1995-2001)
Tiberian Sun (Sept. 2030 - Early Dec. 2030) and Firestorm Crisis (2031-2032)
Tiberium Wars (2047-2049)

Phases:
Phase I: Infantry (light, heavy, civilian)
Phase 2: Vehicles (Soft, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Air, Sea)
Phase 3: Buildings (Decorative, Defensive, misc)
Phase 4: Environmental (Tiberium fields, misc trees, misc env)

Planned Unit List, eventually (nix the 'actual' minigunner on the list. The 'soldier' is the 'minigunner'. Reason it's called 'minigunner' is because that was the unit name in CNC95. Basically was grunt infantry, really. But I want to keep the original classic name. Don't be confused, just look up "minigunner" and "Tiberian Dawn" units and there you go).

Edit - Unit List - Infantry
Global Defense Initiative
Infantry
GDI Soldier: M-16A2/M203 or M4/Car-15 or Cobretti AR-70 Raptor Automatic Rifle or GAU-3 Eliminator (aka Calico M960), Grenades, M9 Beretta
GDI Grenadier: AG79 K1 automatic grenade launcher or M79 Grenade Launcher, heavy compliment of Grenades, M9 Beretta
GDI Rocket trooper: SMAW (AT)/FIM-92 Stinger (AA), Grenades, Mp5, M9 Beretta
GDI Minigunner: Prototype-Handheld Minigun, Grenades, M9 Beretta
GDI Officer: Spas-12, Grenades, Desert Eagle AE .50
GDI Flamethrower: Flamethrower, Molotov Cocktails, MP5-k
GDI Commando: Primary Weapon of Choice (Typically a Barrett M82 .50 Cal or Car-15 with Scope), Grenades AND C4 (or Molotovs that would replace or go with grenades as a secondary grenade.), Secondary Weapon of Choice (Typically a .45 usp compact tactical or a Silenced M9 Beretta), Knife
GDI Medic - Unarmed, Medical Support.
GDI Engineer - Shotgun (make your choice), Role Support Infantry.
Brotherhood of Nod
Infantry
Nod Soldier: M16A2/G-36c/G-36/G3/M4A1/AK-47/Cobretti AR-70 Raptor Automatic Rifle/GAU-3 Eliminator (aka Calico M960 SMG). Glock-17 as sidearm. Grenades
Nod Rocket Trooper: Dragon TOW Missile Launcher (AT)/General Dynamics FIM-43 Redeye (AA)/RPG-7 (Both AT/AA), Grenades, Glock-17
Nod Minigunner: Minigun, Grenades, Glock-17
Nod Officer: Spas-12, Grenades, M1911A1/Desert Eagle .50 AE
Nod Flamethrower: Flamethrower, Molotov Cocktails, Skorpion vz. 61E
Nod Blackhand Stealth: Laser rifle, silenced pistol (Flock-18c), Railgun (Depending on if it's Heavy Blackhand unit), Flashbangs, Smoke Grenades, Knife.
Nod Commando: (Same as GDI Commando. Use GDI commando as Reference. And just apply Nod's basic weapons to that logic.)
Nod Engineer: Use GDI Engineer as reference.
I do eventually plan on having all the proper stuff, and even other factions if I can do them right.
The Forgotten doesn't enter until the Second Tiberium War. The Scrin don't enter until the Third Tiberium War (even though Nod and GDI stumbled upon Scrin technology in Tiberian Sun), but they'd be the most difficult to do in my opinion. So many models I'd have to make and animate, that's why I would need a team for all this.

I plan on fixing the blurriness of the logos. A fellow OFP modder suggested that I go into Oxygen viewer, copy a portion of the upper arm, move the polies slightly, texture it with the logo. Makes sense, so I guess I'll try it sometime. The black parts on the Nod minigunner will also be fixed.

Anyways, cheers.