COD 4 modern warfare galactic warfare mod

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Loopy53
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Earth Apocalypse
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 bf3 cod
xbox live or psn: Dont have one

COD 4 modern warfare galactic warfare mod

Post by Loopy53 »

So I need some help with the mod. Where do I put the unzipped folder containing the mod info? Second, how do I find servers running the mod? Third, does anyone still play the mod? all help appreciated!
AcaelusThorne
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Republic Commando Side Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: COD 4 modern warfare galactic warfare mod

Post by AcaelusThorne »

At first it would be easier to help you if you would post the name of the file you extracted/unzipped and which files it contains. I gues there will be one "maps" folder and one "mods" folder. When that is the case here is what to do:

-Browse the location you installed Cod4. For me that is:
C://Programms (x86)/Activison/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/
-There probably already be a folder called mods. If that is the case copie all the files (well there probably only be one :) ) from the mods folder you unzipped to the one under the location I just told you. If you have no mods folder in you Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare-folder, you just create one and do what I just mentioned.
-If you haven't played any mods for Cod4 before, there won't be a maps folder in Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare. Then you just copie your unzipped maps folder to that location or do what you did with the mods folder.
Note: It doesn't matter if the letters of the folders are in caps or not (MODS=mods=Mods).
-To start a server with this mod you simply start the game, go on Mods and select the mod you want to play, then the game will close and open again, then you press "^" to open your console (you'll need 1.7 for that if I am correct) and type "/map **_********" while the *s stand for the mapnames (usually in the scheme mp_idk_idkw_idkwtr)
-To join a server you either look up a IP in the internet :google:, Or you search for internetservers, go to filters and search for mods, be shure that Mods is on yes and search again, You will recognize a star wars server either on the servername or on the mapname

Note: You might need to dl something ingame so be shure allow dl is checked in the Multiplayeroptions. Also note that you do not need to have the mod on to join a mod server. It will open the mod automaticly as you join a mod server.

As far I know there are still some few people who play the mod. There are still some servers that is for shure. I also advice you to try Rotu a zombiemod. Have fun :wink: .