Fallout

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Re: Fallout

Post by TikiXFIP »

This is what we need in fallout 4 :)

http://www.dieselpunks.org/profiles/blo ... e-by-chris

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Jane - Sister Of the Courier Mod
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO FNV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by REivEN »

TikiXFIP wrote:This is what we need in fallout 4 :)

http://www.dieselpunks.org/profiles/blo ... e-by-chris

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
A motorcycle would be good but if you want to you can use vehicles in New Vegas too with the XRE-Cars or the j3xmtorcycle mod just search for them on newvegas.nexusmods.com
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Those mods both look pretty awesome thanks and just curious what does everyone here thats posted on this forum think about making the setting of fallout 4 in Baja
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Maybe. As much as I loved the setting of New Vegas, I'd prefer to alternate west and east coast, if we're staying in the US. Maybe for Fallout 5 we can revisit all the Fallout 2 locations.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Yes all the same quest from fallout 2 but this time in 3D like fallout 3 and fallout new Vegas :D
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

TikiXFIP wrote:Yes all the same quest from fallout 2 but this time in 3D like fallout 3 and fallout new Vegas :D
You're safe here among friends, but say that anywhere else, like in public or on YouTube, and they'll likely lynch you up and leave you to the radroaches to die.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

O really and why is that :P ?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

TikiXFIP wrote:O really and why is that :P ?
A very large number of classic Fallout fans hate the two newest games, and whenever someone mentions remaking the classic games in New Vegas style, usually someone ends up getting murdered.

Personally I love both types of games and would enjoy remakes. Heck, New Vegas done in FO2 style would be pretty swish.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

I agree but oh well any how so now for my next fallout related question. So clearly everyone that has responded wants fallout 4 to come out soon. When do you think the best time for the game to be released would be and why?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

It's been 2 years since Skyrim was released. Most of their team kept working on DLC for awhile. They have been mostly free for about a year now.

Just like when they took their engine from Oblivion and took it to Fallout 3, most of the hard work is done already.

I'm thinking they'll have enough done to talk about it by E3 next year, if they've been actively developing it. We might not see it till 2015 though, sadly. Not that I want them to rush and create a sloppy product.

So really it's too early to say when I think it will be released, beyond a year. When do I think it should be released? Sorta an odd question. I can say with bias "AS SOON AS POSSIBLE" or with logic "When it's done."

Games are rushed in their development way too often nowadays and the product suffers from it. See Saint's Row 4, Battlefield 4 (which admittedly still looks great, just not leaps and bounds over Battlefield 3), and others like it.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

So everyone I found a cool youtuber who uploaded some videos regarding fallout myths particularly
haunted locations in fallout 3 and New Vegas. I already investigated one of the buildings which happened to be the Dunwhich building and that place scared the poop out of me but now I'm ready to get back to it so Ill be posting hear about the locations I visited and whether they were haunted or not.
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by REivEN »

Ar we able to showcase also Fallout 3/NV Mods and or Pictures here? :D
If yes then here i bring you my companion mod i am working actively on since the middle of September after a nearly 3 year long hiatus:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The character on the left is my "Courier" and will not be included in this mod
Hidden/Spoiler:
Her "Recruitment" quest
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also, if you are wondering who she is i'll tell you briefly - she is the sister of the Courier

Hope you like it :3
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Yeah thats totally fine post away :)
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

That's pretty dang awesome. Please keep us updated. Does Jane have voice overs?

Here's a couple of my current characters.

Samantha.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Daniel.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
I also tried making Ellie but she needs a lot of work for some obvious reasons. Playing as kids in NV is a lot harder than I wish it was.
Hidden/Spoiler:
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by REivEN »

THEWULFMAN wrote:That's pretty dang awesome. Please keep us updated. Does Jane have voice overs?

Yes she has! This mod will be fully voiced and if someone is interested in doing voices for me then pm me here and i'll give you some instructions on what to do :)

Edit: If someone is also interested in beta testing this then pm me, her primary scripting is relatively done and most of the companion wheel dialogue has been done aswell (with voices!)
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Thats super awesome REivEN please do post a video of the mod in use :D
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by REivEN »

Since my last post was more of a mod show off here is my second Fallout NV character:

Hidden/Spoiler:
Background:
Meet John mostly running around with the Reinforced Chinese Stealth Suit, M4 SIR and Tactical Vest, nobody has seen his face, there are rumours that he might be a cyborg of somesort cause none has seen his face.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Thats pretty awesome
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Wow, sorry for not answering the PM. I was off doing things such as work and becoming addicted to GTA Online with my crew.

I have a couple of screens on my cloud of my dude which I'll see about posting soon.

You know, I do have to say, between Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Vegas feels more classic like 1 and 2. And that's not just because you can use spears and healing powder again. :P 'Hardcore' fans overreact so much from practically all franchises to date (Star Wars, Star Trek, Fallout, etc, etc any fan base really) and are generally considered 'radicals', so I just try to ignore them and enjoy what I enjoy because more often than not, they try to pass their opinions off as facts half the time and 'shun' people who don't share their views. But I like 3 and NV, even if I started off with 1 and 2 so long ago (actually I technically watched a friend play them at a few points if I recall correctly). I still do like 3 though, but I do install mods for it (who doesn't?)

I'm a fan and I do generally try to keep close to the lore and the style with lore friendly content that immerses me into the Fallout timeline (Between 1945 and 1961 is when our timelines diverge). I also tend to go for challenging survival mods and mods that give you an alternate start (roleplay purposes). I nearly choked when I read that in 2077, just before the bombs fell, gas prices skyrocketed to $7450.99 per gallon for regular and $8500.99 per gallon for premium....then again, they have successfully produced those nuclear powered cars. I'd still hate to see a car accident with these things...

(how easy is modding in new armor sets and other items? I had a military armor set I had in mind. Adding the good 'ol US Army stars and stuff, but making woodland, urban, and desert variants of the combat armor, T-45d, and T-51b sets.)
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by REivEN »

RevanSithLord wrote:(how easy is modding in new armor sets and other items? I had a military armor set I had in mind. Adding the good 'ol US Army stars and stuff, but making woodland, urban, and desert variants of the combat armor, T-45d, and T-51b sets.)
It is actually quite easy, the thing is you need basic knowledge in using NifSkope, Blender(if you want to create new armors yourself) and of course the G.E.C.K if you know how to create stuff in G.E.C.K you're good to go and if you need any tutorials regarding to it you can just go on this site
http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Main_Page it has LOAAAADS of tutorials for nearly everything and if you are just starting with the GECK check this page out - http://geck.bethsoft.com/

Hope this helps :)