Fallout

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: Fallout

Post by RevanSithLord »

O_O I've been looking all over for a mod like the one you've linked.

Also, that mod list. Wow.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: HearhStone+Fallout
xbox live or psn: Steam: Sean-Nada

Post by TikiXFIP »

Also, that mod list. Wow.
I have to agree with Revan that is one CRAZY list you got their friend. Anyway I made my next stop on the Tiki spooky spot trip and this time I landed at Vault 106. That place was certainty... a step up from the cemetery. From the generally bleak colors used for this place plus they occasional psycho jumping out of now where and then finally those...hallucinations that actually got one good scare out of me, I didn't know what to think. Its not haunted as the hallucinations are scripted but it does give a good sense of mystery/evil. So its not haunted but very very spooky!

(also I'm nearing the end of this quest but I still got a few more spots to stop at )
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Vault 106 in FO3 was indeed quite creepy, but since I knew it was just drug induced hallucinations I wasn't weirded out.

Vault 11 is the most creepy and depressing of all of them in my opinion, it's in New Vegas.

As for my mod list, heh, yeah it's pretty extensive. It'd be a lot longer if I didn't have to use an alt account and Tor after I got banned on the Nexus. Downloading hundreds of MB over Tor can be a pain since it loves to stop the download, but that's the price I pay for getting myself banned.

Pro Nexus tip, don't make any comment on a mod that isn't a positive one, or you get insta-banned. Gotta love a site without a warning system... which is my only gripe with the otherwise amazing Nexus. It remains the only place I've been banned from. /rant over
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Yeah, that is one big downside to the Nexus, but it still remains my main central downloading hub for several games.
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Jane - Sister Of the Courier Mod
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO FNV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by REivEN »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Not bad BUT where is New Vegas Bounties I? New Vegas Bounties II? I am also surprised that i do not see New Vegas Redesigned :o, it is an absolute must for me to have in my load order. But that probably is your personal preference ^^
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I'd have both of them, but refer back to where I said I have issues downloading large mods through Tor.

I think I used to use Redesigned, then it was causing too many CTDs.
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by REivEN »

THEWULFMAN wrote:I'd have both of them, but refer back to where I said I have issues downloading large mods through Tor.

I think I used to use Redesigned then it was causing too many CTDs.

Fair enough, but it's strange never had an issue with Redesigned :o
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Some mods work flawlessly for some, but give others tons of trouble. I guess it's a 'the wand chooses the wizard' type of thing when it comes to FONV mod builds? Or it just depends on how it's setup, I suppose. I've had it to where a mod setup that previously worked perfectly would just CTD me constantly and then when I change it ever so slightly (or a lot), it would work absolutely fine with very few issues.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

RevanSithLord wrote:Some mods work flawlessly for some, but give others tons of trouble. I guess it's a 'the wand chooses the wizard' type of thing when it comes to FONV mod builds? Or it just depends on how it's setup, I suppose. I've had it to where a mod setup that previously worked perfectly would just CTD me constantly and then when I change it ever so slightly (or a lot), it would work absolutely fine with very few issues.
#BethesdaGames

:P
REivEN
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by REivEN »

RevanSithLord wrote:Some mods work flawlessly for some, but give others tons of trouble. I guess it's a 'the wand chooses the wizard' type of thing when it comes to FONV mod builds? Or it just depends on how it's setup, I suppose. I've had it to where a mod setup that previously worked perfectly would just CTD me constantly and then when I change it ever so slightly (or a lot), it would work absolutely fine with very few issues.
Might have been the Load Order for the mods, cause the games are really ehm "sensitive" to load orders.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Hey everybody this isn't a post about a spooky location I visited. Today I have a lore based question! So I was looking up stuff regarding the lonesome road dlc(not actually buying it just looking at it). I'm a bit confused what it is, is it a place a faction a city/town. All I know is

1) Ncr and Caesar's legion have been there.
2) Its some sort of location
3) Suffers from bad earthquakes and storms

So if anyone knows what the Divide is please explain thank you :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

I myself have not played the DLC stories yet (have beaten FONV though, however it was before the Game of the Year Edition came out which I ended up buying), but "the Divide is a violent land torn apart by quakes and skin-flaying wind storms to the northwest of the Mojave Wasteland". But you already basically gathered the fact of the storms and quakes.

For those not wishing to be spoiled as to how it was created, I advise not clicking the link in these spoiler tags: But basically the only information I can share without spoiling people is the information above that link. The Divide itself, obviously, is a post-war...umm, occurrence. So you could likely guess as to the obvious causes at first glance, but for more in depth explanations (and spoilers), the link will explain further information!

I myself did not read past the first paragraph as to not ruin the story. Right now, as it stands, I need to install and configure the many mods I am trying out and start posting lots of pictures!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT PLAYED LONESOME ROAD

Hidden/Spoiler:
The lonesome road itself is the path Courier 6 (the player character) carved out that in that canyon that allowed faster travel between the Mojave and the large settlements in the NCR like the Hub and Shady Sands. It took less time to take that road the Courier mapped out than to travel all the way south of the mountains to get to and from the Mojave.

This is the route from Primm to Junktown without using the Courier's lonesome road.

The Divide was a settlement that formed on said road and stayed there until the Courier was tasked by the NCR to bring a device to Shady Sands (presumably). The device activated the dormant nuclear silos under The Divide, ripping the land asunder and turning the people who lived there into a form of ghouls.

The canyon where the settlement was became known as The Divide.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Why thankyou guys that explains the marked men. Just curious how did the courirer carve the path
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Either by a conscious choice to try and make the path or by accident. The Courier probably just explored the areas west of Vegas until she found a canyon which took her to the NCR.
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

That explains it abd also was that map you had already made or did you make that map yourself
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I had made that over a year ago. You can check it out yourself if you have Google Earth installed.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45499664/Fallo ... iverse.kmz
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Thats super cool and thanks Wulf and Revan for explaining that to me :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Current Fallout New Vegas Mod List (might update with links later, but it's quite a lot):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Arwen's Realism Tweaks
Project Nevada
Spice of Life Armors
1st Recon Beret and Armor Set
AR-15 and AK Weapons Pack (From the XM16E1 to the AK-104, high-quality yet not out of place in terms of texture style)
Most weapons by Millenia
Weapon Retexture Project
Mod Configuration Menu
Classic Fallout Font (yay. :D)
Classic Fallout Messages (by merely pressing the 'P' key, it'll bring up a message in the top left noting if you notice anything interesting or not. Unsure if Perception has a roll in this.)
Classic NCR Flag texture (nostalgic lately I guess. :P)
Classic Fallout Weapons
Alternative Start (I got lucky this playthrough and started out in Freeside)
Weapon Mods Expanded (plus DLC support)
Wasteland Soldier - NV Edition (believe it's an armor set)
JaySuS's mods (Tommy Gun, M1 Garand, Pump Shotguns, and Ranger Coats. 4Loot versions instead of 4Free).
DelayDLC
TutorialKiller
Classic Vault Numbers (Remember the bigger numbers on the Vault suits in previous games before FO3? Yup, brought back that style on the numbers)
Nevada Skies
Essential Visual Enhancement
Pipboy 2500A (it's arm mounted like the 3000, but classic looking like the 2000 [from first two games] and 2500 [mod that requires Readius]!)
Light Up and Smoke Those Cigarettes! (self-explanatory! Not that I encourage smoking. :P)
Waster Scarf
oHud
NCR Trooper Overhaul
Caesar's New Regime
CONELRAD Radio
Enclave Radio
Dynavision 3
New Vegas Bounties I
New Vegas Bounties II (I gotta get the other requirement for this one, so atm this one is deactivated, but will be playing with it)
Lee Enfield No. 4
Mosin Nagant
Interior Lighting Overhaul
Jim is a bounty hunter now after we last saw him. He makes enough caps to get by and people still generally like him unless they're on the business end of his new XM16E1. It is now revealed that he had originally lived in Texas, near the Brotherhood of Steel base in Fort Worth. His family was slaughtered by a raider gang and he vowed from then on to eliminate ANY raider scum he sees out in the wastes. That of course is also determined if he thinks they're worthy enough to die. Given the name "The Lone Star Reaper", most gangs typically avoid picking fights with him, fearing that they'd end up a blood strewn paste like the raiders who killed his parents. Generally he gets along with the populace, but he's not the over-the-top 'goody-two-shoes' type of guy. He shows respect where it's due, but he's by no means soft. His main enemies are the Legion, the Viper Gunslingers, and the Jackals. He was in the NCR for a small amount of time (that's where the hate for the Legion comes in), but after fragging his CO for being an [insert colorful word here], he left before they could court martial him. Now he's a gunman for hire, looking for any job for a quick cap.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
"Say hullo to mah lil' friend!"

Yes, he did manage to survive the trek from Texas to Nevada somehow. He'd have to have gotten past Caesar's Legion in his walk west, because that was a lot of territory to cover. :P He would have had help getting there. His reasons for leaving the DFW area are self-explanatory, I guess, though. Nothing else to lose where he was at, so a new life further out west might have been the ticket. He was above suicide, but that doesn't mean he wasn't crazy enough to travel across 3 and a half states on a gang killing spree and a small tour of duty in the NCR once he got there.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Jim obviously can't go anywhere without his trusty arm-mounted Pipboy 2500A! These models in particular aren't as common as they use to be on the west coast. It's virtually impossible now-a-days to find a 2000. The 3000A models are quite plentiful, but he was attached to his 2500A for a more nostalgic and personal reason.

I forgot to mention the weapon animation replacers.

I went with a heroic base stance for both pistols and rifles/shotguns, but specifics on hand positions:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
TikiXFIP
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TikiXFIP »

Thats quite an expanisve list you got there revan. Today I have a new question for you guys and that question is what are your favorite perks in fallout. They are a staple to the game and help give it a different feel from the elder scrolls series. My favorite include but are not limited to:

MYSTERIOUS STRANGER/sniper/commando/hired killer/ scrounger/fortune finder/ninja/cyborg/purifier of the waste/explorer and ect.