Battlefront 2 models to EAW?

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Newmodder
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: not listed
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Battlefront 2 models to EAW?

Post by Newmodder »

Hi forum!,

I'm wondering if anybody knows if its possible to convert battlefront 2 clonetroopers to EAW?, im talking about stock models but if somebody would give me permission to convert somebody else models i wont complain.

Now im wondering, is there any way to export models to a format that other programs recognise? (like .obj) but with bones and weights?

Thanks! :funny2: :mrgreen:
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Re: Battlefront 2 models to EAW?

Post by ARC1778 »

The answer is maybe.

But they're unlikely to work, Strategy games have poor graphics because they have alot of them, basicly every strategy game is about 5 years behind on the graphics front, I play the total war francise allot, and STW is like a flash game, MTW is like a better flash game RTW is like a PS1 game, MTW2 a PS2 game, NTW a PS3 game.

So even if you CAN convert the models, the engine might not be able to take it, further more, SWBF models are likely to be much much bigger, and you'd have to not simply change the file format but scale them down by hand.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Also, converting official models between games is often frowned upon in modding communities due to the legally questionable nature of doing so. However, converting a model created by modders for another game is usually ok, as long as it doesn't use many (if any) parts from official models. And sometimes there are exceptions, for instance, the devs say that it's ok to use models from Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, and using models from cancelled/shut down games is also acceptable. However, I do not believe SWBF is one of those exceptions. I suggest looking HERE for more info.
Newmodder
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: not listed
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Newmodder »

Thanks for the response guys! :)

I usually take copyright very seriously, That is why i only make mods for personal use :)

Thanks!