Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds connection

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Lead_Pilot
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds connection

Post by Lead_Pilot »

I've never really played force commander, but I was wondering. Will EAW be similar to galactic battlegrounds? Or are Galactic battlegrounds and force commander similar?
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

RE: Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds connection

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Force Commander was a very crappy game in my opinion... :S Mainly because you didn't have resourses, you had command points or something like that, and somehow the enemy always had a much bigger amount of command points that me :S SO i always lost, the graphics were ok, but i didn't like it that much, EaW tho seems great, and if it's like galactic battlegrounds, then it will be very tempting for me to buy :S
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

The game is layed out more like Galactic Battlegrounds but is much simpler to play in terms of Petroglyph's past games when they were Westwood. The resource management isn't so cumbersome and the engine is 3d unlike the 2d sprites seen in battlegrounds. Plus I would think there's more of an emphasis on actual strategy than just who has a bigger force.
Raingod

Post by Raingod »

Well Forcecommander was just pure crap, and i'm my opinion unplayable. Still downloading the demo for EAW but from what i undertstand this would be a combition of command and conquer with conquest: the frontiers war.
wargenerator

Post by wargenerator »

Force commander and EAW is like same thing in SWBF:s. SWBF1 was too fast maked so they want to make SWBF2 (well SWBF2 was maked fast too so i think there gonna be 5 SWBF:s if they doing like this these games) so EAW is SUPER MEGA COOL expansion to force commander (I'd say)
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

nah, it aint :P FC is so old game thati i dont think so...
i guess lucasarts just wants to make a new starwars rts cos the others are gettin obsolete