Audio format help for PSP Burnout games

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Audio format help for PSP Burnout games

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This is aimed at Burnout Legends but could be applied to Burnout Dominator (haven't looked at that game to confirm) - I am interested to change the sound tracks in Burnout Legends, I believe it is possible but haven't got much of an idea on actually what to do. In the folder "PSP_GAME\USRDIR\music" there's 23 *.mus files (each for a single song in the game) and if the files are viewed from a hex editor, the first four bytes of each file is RIFF and then a few bytes over it looks like WAVEfmt, and each song file is 1 - 2 mb in size. I am wondering if anyone would have any ideas on what type of audio software to use, which audio settings to use (bit rate, frequency, etc) so that music could be replaced with whatever the player wanted. Any tips and suggestions are hugely appreciated.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Audio format help for PSP Burnout games

Post by Teancum »

try forum.xentax.com or even better, zenhax.com
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Audio format help for PSP Burnout games

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Teancum wrote:try forum.xentax.com or even better, zenhax.com
Looks like a swell site, thanks!

EDIT: So far I can take an .mp3 file and turn it into a .wav file, and the new .wav file and the game's .mus file have the same beginnings in hex editor. But renaming the new .wav file to .mus doesn't work so I am on the right track but there is one more step I don't know.