EAW Mods Available. Get more from your demo!

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

Jeteye1

Post by Jeteye1 »

there are a bunch of mods at lucasfiles
http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?act ... ory&id=139
BeBop

Post by BeBop »

Wow adding these few things has given me plenty of more reason to play. We are once again eternally in your debt guru.

Has anyone figured out how to have a battle on Hoth?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I've loaded hoth, the screen starts but alas there are only 3 maps in the demo. Hoth just loops loading until crash.
Ive got mon calamari ships in , about 20 pirate ships and some good stuff on the way! All the stuff i got from lucasfiles didnt work , lol.
Exclamation

Post by Exclamation »

guru wrote:the first mod covers a few things like piles of credits, play as wookies and 6 more things please check the downloads area inthe new EAW files :)
Sweet! :D Thanks Guru!

Gametoast.com - Get more from you Demo
:wink:
Melrek_Krakan

Post by Melrek_Krakan »

Only prob i found with the mod is that you can't bring in air speeders as reinforcements
geoman777

Post by geoman777 »

Yeah, I had the same problem, they dont work, so save your money and population room for other things
Raingod

Post by Raingod »

Welll i've found a pretty cool combination Chriz Mod V4 with the Small Universe Mod ( http://www.dizzyspages.de/downloads/small_universe.rar ) which adds like 10+ planets, its almost the full game, cause you can build on every planet and also capture all of them.

What i would like to see is someone combining those 2 mods, plus making the IMP playable, removing pop cap (or atless making the starting one bigger), adding a Diet Dr. Pepper load of credits and figuring a way to activate save games.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Raingod wrote:Welll i've found a pretty cool combination Chriz Mod V4 with the Small Universe Mod ( http://www.dizzyspages.de/downloads/small_universe.rar ) which adds like 10+ planets, its almost the full game, cause you can build on every planet and also capture all of them.

What i would like to see is someone combining those 2 mods, plus making the IMP playable, removing pop cap (or atless making the starting one bigger), adding a Diet Dr. Pepper load of credits and figuring a way to activate save games.
Sounds cool, but how does one go about installing it? I got the XML files, but I don't know what to do with them. Do we just put them into our GameData\Data folder?
Jeteye1

Post by Jeteye1 »

the stuff i got from lucasfiles didnt work , lol.
Your crazy. All the stuff I got from there works fine. By the way can you mod the pop cap to 9999999. and money to 99999999 which you already did. could you also add Mon Calmari crusiers and star destroyers as buyable ships. Another mod i played had this.
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

I found one more mod here:
http://www.extreme-players.de/download.php?id=9567
It allows building and using additional tanks, buildings and ships like the A-wing, the snowspeeder and the Mon Calamari-Cruiser.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

guru, you've mentioned the design of a program called "MEG Decompressor", which would be intended to pull sounds, models and textures out of Star Wars : Empire At War data files... Do you have any idea of its release date ? (If there's any...)
Also, have you discovered the file-formats of sounds and musics, textures, meshes or movies used in this game ?
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Kaos4 »

Question: Is there a mod that lets you have jedi heroes?
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

From what I understand so fat, the file format is a .meg format. Some guys over at Lucasforums made decompressors but they don't seem to work. I believe the sounds use a .wav format as well but I'm not 100% sure, all do know is that they're compiled into a .meg file. I really want those sounds too.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

there all mp3, i exported them last night. been slammed with eaw, lan party and d&d parties but Ive got athe entire game modded out now.

New mod going up tonight, actual real game conquest mission :
Closing-on-Coruscant. Its a great one, I also added some tech skills and credits. Enjoy.

Starting Planet.

Hexedited a new model and ship into the game - look for these things soon!
Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Kaos4 »

Wow. Looks cool. 8) Can't Wait to play this.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

COOL!! That's great Guru. No one (most likely) can match your modding skills... the only bad thing about modding the demo is that you can only play on Taootoine and Kashyyyk... BUT that's ok :)
Exclamation

Post by Exclamation »

JabbaLovesLava wrote:the only bad thing about modding the demo is that you can only play on Taootoine and Kashyyyk...
Actually... it looks like we'll get to duke it out on Coruscant... and start out on Sullust, according to that screen! :o

Hehe, it looks like all our demos are belong to Guru. :P
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

lol no i mean once the map actually loads and your units are moving around, currently all space maps are limited to 3 and only kashyyk and tatooine and also Ryloth i just got that working as well for planet (land) maps. Also I have not tested alot but Ive had 120 or more ships with more to build so when i release this next mod just capture all the planets and move rebel garrison on them to add more to your unit cap :)