EAW Mod Released. Lines are Drawn Campaign.

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

EAW Mod Released. Lines are Drawn Campaign.

Post by guru »

Check the downloads area for new modded Full version campaign.
I reused some planbets obv due to missing files as its a demo. This is a great addon for EAW demo fans. More ships, more units, new space and land battle maps and planets revealed. Offers 6 hero units!

Note : this is not the XML mod we all have that shows you every planet as capturable. This is a non demo Campaign with various space and land battles maps. In this you wont crash to your desktop when you try to take a planet not in the demo.
Last edited by guru on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slayer_Hunter_J

RE: EAW Mod Released. Lines are Drawn Campaign.

Post by Slayer_Hunter_J »

I have a mod that makes every level playable.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Where'd you get it?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

lol. thats nice.
Have you actually played them? as Empire too? And been able to land on planet to capture them , this is the campaign not just showing all the planets revealed LOL.
Slayer_Hunter_J

I forgot where i got it (i will find it soon and share it) but you can only play as the rebels, although it says you are able to play as the Empire (under readme file). And yes, all planets work, along with all vehicles, ships, upgrades, buildings, and heroes.
Slayer_Hunter_J

Found the site. The mod is "Bryaant's Mod."
http://eawnexus.gamingsource.net/
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

i have that one too, you can play as the empire, you just have to put the right files in. it does crash when certain things happen tho.

aside from the lack of imperials, guru's sounds better to me.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I'm going to try both. :P Guru's does sound cooler, though.
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

i just tried guru's. it was a lot of fun, very well done...until i tried to call down obi-wan, and it CTD'd. (or maybe it was that i was checking the menu for build pads?)

i like how it concentrates on a few planets and 'polish' rather than just throwing everything possible together.
i don't so much like how the the maps for the first 2 planets (both ground and space) that i attacked were from the tutorial, rather than campaign, and are kind of oddly set up. i also don't like how it teases us by letting us steal tech for mon cal's, infiltrators, etc, but wont let us build them.

also, this is the second mod i've played in which snowspeeders were made buildable, but in both i was unable to call them down during battle, the cursor always stays red. is there some trick to it i'm missing, or are they not actually gonna be playable until we get the whole game?

t4b's are fun....:D
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

yea i used bryants mod , its fun but the missions wouldnt finish for me. Same as a few mods i made, lol.
I basically used other maps from tutorials, just because after playing the demo conquest amp 50 times i needed a new scenery , anything.
Yea this was haxxord alot so I took the campain that shouldnt even work and slapped new planets as before any planet you actually tried to take that had enemies on it, would CTD. I think speeders may be hardcoded to certain planets, fade into hoth.

I was bored of the small amount of ships in the tuts and demo so I simply added the ships I like in large amounts to both factions. Its far from perfect but since Kashyyk has wall issues these are the only maps Im able to make playable for land battles. anyway glad some peeps liked it abit.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Hmm... well, I played the mod, and I have to say... it's very... glitchy. I mean, I know you worked hard on it, guru, but some of the glitches really bother me. The first real major glitch I encountered was after I took Taris. The pirates attacked me for whatever reason, and I got into a space battle. I started the space battle, thinking it'd be an easy win, but, to my surprise and dissappointment, there was nothing to attack. Like, nothing. None of the enemy ships appeared, leaving me in the middle of a battle with no way to retreat, or win/lose. Well, I guess it's pretty easy to avoid; you just gotta move your fleet out of Taris before the pirates attack.

Next glitch, was when I attacked Sullust. I started out with the space battle, won, then moved onto the ground. Well, I was kind of disappointed at the same exact map (Ryloth), but I went and won the battle anyway. Now, here's the thing; after I won the battle, when the galaxy map came up, it showed the planet in red, under enemy control. My ground units still showed up on the planet, and my space fleet was in orbit, but it was still enemy controlled. I couldn't move my ground fleet out, so, I tried attacking the planet again with some more, extra ground forces. Started the battle, only to find the Imps with two speeder bikes which I destroyed quickly. The galaxy map comes back up, and the planet is still enemy controlled. So, basically, I can't do anything else.

Okay, so I start a new game, this time, I attack Bothawui first. The space battle goes by, and then comes the ground battle. It starts, and to my disappointment again, I find Ryloth. I mean, I can understand using it for Taris (wasteland), and that makes sense, but I would think Kashyyyk would've made a better choice... well, anyways, I defeat the Imps easily, and then onto Corulag. Well, the space battle goes by, then comes the ground. Well... same ol' Ryloth again, but, whatever. That's nothing too major. Well, once the ground battle has been won, I go back to the galaxy map, only to find the same glitch as before; enemy controlled, with my units stuck on the planet.

Well, my point is, you really got something here, guru. This mod has definitely got a lot of potential, but these glitches really do hurt it a lot. If you could maybe fix the glitches, that would make this mod great. Also, it'd be nice to get a couple new maps for the ground battles. The Ryloth one is fine for Taris and Sullust, but I think the Kashyyyk map would be more suitable for Bothawui and Corulag. Just a suggestion though. Overall, I'd say you did a good job considering what you had to work with and how much you put into it. Hopefully once the full game comes out you can make some really good mods.
ShadowAssassin25

Post by ShadowAssassin25 »

I think the problem is that Emperor Palpatine is not availabe in the demo and therefore cannot be in the game. That is probably why you can't beat it. The Emperor icon shows up on the planet when i retreat and then i invade it and hes not there. Then i beat it and retreat again and his icon shows up. And yes I also have little lag glitches while playing the space maps. The maps are wayyy to easy too. I shot Veers down in two seconds with normal troopers. Its cool how you found out how to get a new campaign but the demo just cant handle it.
Qdin
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Qdin »

lol

schizo, I hate that glitch too.

My only problem is: I haven't been attacked at all!
I've let it run in plenty of 'days' and nothing happened - no pirates or anything :?

and on the planet where Palpatine is, when I moved my fleet away - Emperor's fleet got into space - I charged... and it crahses! :P

anyways - GREAT JOB!!! :D :D :D
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

couple things. I always use Hardest setting so the AI actually attack but yes these are easy campaigns.

The "this battle wont end glitch" is indeed due to the emperor being unavailale. Ive put together an upadted on that removes him and makes bobafett the arch evil ruler.

Kashyyk map is unusable for only 1 reason. The wall that blocks the area in the tutorial is un removable so no matter what units or what settings you give the map its ends quickly as your forces sit at the wall begging for something to do! Iused ryloth over and over cuz tatooine was just driving me nuts at this point.

I have researched and found some ways to reskin the planets (although the models will remain the same for now). That should bring at least some interesting outcomes. Found a tool just now called T.ed that may be useful in opening the TED map files so well see. Didnt use them yet.

The end result is this is the actual campaign but there are far too many missing pieces for it to be like the full version release will be! For now its something to do. hehe.