Scripting (campaign) events?

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

dreadlordnyax

Scripting (campaign) events?

Post by dreadlordnyax »

for example, would it be possible to set it up so the empire attacks a certain place on a certain day with a certain fleet, or something like that?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

RE: Scripting (campaign) events?

Post by guru »

once someone gets .ted editor made yes. For now we can reskin maps or and model but the msh and ai stuff are in the ted files. Im working heavily on exporting ted stuff but so far only hex editing works on those and if the file size changes it crashes to desktop so in short nothing can actually be modding in without ted tools.
theguarder

Post by theguarder »

Hey Guru. i searched for ".ted editor" on google and god some interesting stuff, if u allredy havent done so i think you should, so we can get the events going;-)

"edit: it would be cool to have events in jawa elite to!"
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

ted's are the map files right? would you need to edit those to script things on the galactic scale? i mean like, the empire decides to move its fleet from coruscant to attack the rebel station at hoth on day 17. could that be done with xml coding?

also, is it possible to only reveal a planet after a certain time has passed, rather than at the beginning of the campaign?

(i'm gonna try and look into this more myself when i get home, i'm at school now)
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

in the xml its revealed or not revleaed at loadup. The ted files contain not just msh and models but tells ai where to spawn at loadup and how to act based on easy/.medium/hard settings. We really need a ted extractor or tool. THe ones on the net so far are not even close.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Talking of this "TED Editor", I'd be interested in getting it... Therefore, would you mind giving me links where I could download this "modding tool" ?

Thanks in advance, guru !...
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

there is no td editor out yet.

Using the meg extractor Ive seen how we can alter ai pathing on demo maps though so ill see what can be done. Again, most of the items are missing so no matter what until we have a ted etractor the maps will be rehashes of tatooine and ryloth (snore).
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

sigh. i guess i'll have to force the player to attack, rather than have them attacked by the ai.

i figured out how to block off a planet, and also how to forcibly switch control to another faction. not too hard really. i guess the next thing i wanna get is how to activate (or deactivate) one of these when a certain planet is taken or a certain tech level reached...

:!::!::!:[added Jan. 26] sweet, i got it! i should now be able to trigger just about anything (with an example already in the code) as a result of taking any specified planet. the possibilities are opening up...