EAW maps

Show off your mods, get help on a mod, heck, even just have a good time downloading other folks mods. This forum is all about modding for any non-SWBF games.

Moderator: Moderators

^Destroyer^

EAW maps

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

The guys who make the mods for EAW don't use the kashyyyk ground for some forest maps. Is this not possible ore is it coded???? Cause that would make it already better then all tatooine.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

RE: EAW maps

Post by guru »

ryloth and tatooine are used over and over but not kashyyk as it has a scripted bridge on the tutorial map that can not be broken except in tut. mode. making it a short and worthless map for the demo mods.
dreadlordnyax

RE: EAW maps

Post by dreadlordnyax »

personally, i feel the ryloth map is essentially useless for these purposes as well. you start off with all reinforcement points, and half the time the only enemies to fight are a couple of speeder bikes. i've never felt there was even a possibility of losing on that map, its just a waste of time. might as well conquer it from the galactic map.

hm, does anyone know if they included the "autoresolve" feature in the demo?
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Ok to bad it's not possible :(. I would find the demo lot more fun with also kashyyyk ground in it :(.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

yea we all would love more maps but the .ted format is such a pain to hex edit and there are not tools so im waiting for full release to do new stuff. and yes ryloth is lame in the demo for non tutorial stuff since its all pre scripted. I just had to use ANYTHING other then tat as I had tested 500 times on it and couldnt go there once more.....
ImperialDroid

Post by ImperialDroid »

I’ve created 3 new space maps with different colors and just an empty space maps for space combat instead of asteroids.

I will probably add 3 new land maps before the full version is out but then again don’t know if it is worth it since the full version is out in about 2 weeks.

Here is link to another mod forum with screenshots
http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2117.0

Here is direct link to download the 3 new space maps have fun.
http://www.pctechpro.net/files/eaw.htm
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

that's awesome! what'd you use to make them, if you don't mind my asking?
ImperialDroid

Post by ImperialDroid »

I have hexedited original maps removing asteroids. I can make more maps it’s a bit time consuming but we will see. :) Space maps are easy to edit land maps are much more complex because they have many other things in it than space maps.

I will clean the existing space tutorial maps of existing units so that it will be few more space maps for the demo. Also I will try to cleanup land maps plus edit Tantooine change some land features etc.
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

ahh, unfortunately i have no experience with hex-editing. guess i wont be mapmaking until they release the full game (and some tools).

however, if you're looking for suggestions, you might consider "cleaning up" the kashyyyk map mentioned above in the thread. it'd be awesome to play somewhere with trees instead of sand :D
ImperialDroid

Post by ImperialDroid »

Technically hexediting can hardly be considered true modding, but now a days with tools been released at later dates personally I’m just forced to hexediting.

Two more weeks and we should have the full version with lots of new maps so hopefully it will keep us busy with original maps and some hexedited maps for now :) until they release the necessary tools.

Just like I was hexediting SWBF2 I’ve spend some time hacking the large files to modify Xwings, Ties etc. Well hopefully we’ll get the tools for SWBF2 next week, hopefully :)