Gametoast downloads

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

ColonelKlink
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Creating weapons effects and props
Games I'm Playing :: Total War Medieval 2

Gametoast downloads

Post by ColonelKlink »

In the assets released thread, some assets are downloads on gametoast, but when I click on them, they take me to the home screen, where the comics, and announcements are. One was a Pre Vizsla pistol, and it was uploaded to Gametoast? Can I not download it, or something, because I am new?
And some of the links to filefront don't work, like I tried to download a HALO Magnum, and it took me to gamefront, but there was an error, so I can't download it? Is this just me? I am not a member of Filefront, so is that the problem? The funny thing is, that some Filefront downloads work fine for me. The error for Gamefront is (something like) Gamefront.com_ERROR_QUICKKEY, plus a bunch of other letters and numbers. Is there a way to fix this?
Oh, and I wasn't sure where to put this post, and this problem seemed to fit this category, so sorry if I was supposed to put it somewhere else.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Gametoast downloads

Post by AQT »

See topic: http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... =6&t=24185

Also, with files hosted on users' FileFront accounts, the download links tend to eventually die due to unpopularity or some other random reason.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I hope they do come back, thats where i used to get all my files XD
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Post by commander501stappo »

I hope so too, there´s files there that´s not on swbffiles :(
Hidden/Spoiler:
halfways offtopic:
lol, the download section dissapeared when I was dling a file
ColonelKlink
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by ColonelKlink »

That stinks. There are soo many great models and units, that are gametoast downloads. Why do great things always go away before you realize the importance of it? Anyways, hopefully more files are released on swbffiles. Thanks you guys for the answer, it was the answer I was dreading......
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I have all the files we just need a person , that will stick to it, and keep a file manager area running on gt. When I set it up last time two people uploaded a 1000 files the first month and barely an for years afterwards , I can put files up and install a file upload download system but we will need a one year or longer member to run "gt files" section. Pm or post if interested I'll make it happen
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Post by commander501stappo »

guru wrote:I have all the files we just need a person , that will stick to it, and keep a file manager area running on gt. When I set it up last time two people uploaded a 1000 files the first month and barely an for years afterwards , I can put files up and install a file upload download system but we will need a one year or longer member to run "gt files" section. Pm or post if interested I'll make it happen
so you say that the download section may come back again. great(even tho I know that it may not come...)
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

If no one can become a "full time file manager" to organize and properly name and place the downloads and moderate it , it will not be added. If a veteran of gt that will stick to organizing the files is interested I will make the files and download area active. Alot of people want things but I can't possibly organize a file area with 1000 files that are named odd things and I have no clue what they are. We get help sometimes on things then people quit or leave and areas of the site go dead so I'll leave this file feature up to those who can assist running it. I'm only seeing about five people who will even use a file area so.....
ColonelKlink
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by ColonelKlink »

Well, you don't have to accept every single file, especially if it is not labeled, or doesn't have a description. No-one should have to fix that, it should be the author's responsibility to correctly name it and describe it. Also, you could maybe only put up a few items, and then when someone requests something, you could put it up? Anyways, you can't just take fractions literally, like 10/1000 members download assets. What if the other 990 members are not regularly on Gametoast? I am not trying to be rude, I am just saying, that probably a lot of the people that are members, are not on alot, like those who might be serious modders and use Gametoast alot. Again, I am not trying to be rude.
I see your point, though, and I see why it was taken down. Its too bad though, that it was. It seems like lots of cool assets were apart of it.