Any other BF modding sites?

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

redgroupclan
High General
High General
Location: For less cheap gameplay - BF2 v1.1 server "NoEngineersAntiGlitch"

Any other BF modding sites?

Post by redgroupclan »

Are there any other Battlefront modding sites out there? GameToast isn't working out too well for me.

The Battlefront section on FileFront forums is the only other place I know of, and it looks pretty inactive.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Any other BF modding sites?

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Other bf modding sites? Whats wrong with GT. The only other one I know about that is still active is Vader's Fist/501st Legion
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

with almost 2000 posts here what isnt working out for you? by gaming standards swbf 1 & 2 are ancient barnacles on a sunken ship not sure what else you could need , or you just bored of gt site, too many pms from kiddies or no help from better modders?

re :
GameToast isn't working out too well for me.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

You can't find a better site than this, there's a wealth of information on this game that stems back to 2004, or should I say 1969 :wink:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Jendo7 wrote:You can't find a better site than this, there's a wealth of information on this game that stems back to 2004, or should I say 1969 :wink:
I Concur :plokoon:

My very good friend who lives down the street mods other games, and he has not see to many communities as good as GT. I go on the net each day, GT is the first site on my todo list.
He also said there are not too many games as fun to mod as BF1+2

btw, isnt asking if there are other BF sites, on GT like stabbing someone in the chest, then spitting on their face :shock: , your betraying us, AND telling us that we are not good enough. Just joking, no really just joking :P
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I don't know what you could mean when you say GT isn't working out for you. If you're really set on finding another BF modding site, I know a few members here run their own forums (Xavious and Lephenix_dor), but they have very little activity and the communities are comprised essentially of a handful of GT members.
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

redgroupclan
High General
High General

Post by redgroupclan »

I've just been wanting to find multiple places to post the same question.

Early last month, I downloaded the BF2 mod tools, hoping to make a mod made of my own models (except for player models). At first, I wasn't able to get any of my models to work properly. I played around with some stuff throughout a few days, and still I couldn't get my models to have the textures on them in ZeroEditor. Afterwards, I came to GT and made a thread asking for help. It's been 16 days since I made that thread, and I still haven't been able to start on my mod, so I'm hoping to find more places to ask for help so I have a greater chance of getting my problem solved as soon as possible.

Thanks for posting the sites. I'll check them out.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

All the sites we used to link to have gone offline and their domains expired so from what I have found... there arent many places to get specific swbf engine related mod issues resolved.you can always try other similar 6 year old games that have mod sites and see if like minded people can help you maybe.

:clone:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

redgroupclan wrote:Afterwards, I came to GT and made a thread asking for help. It's been 16 days since I made that thread, and I still haven't been able to start on my mod, so I'm hoping to find more places to ask for help so I have a greater chance of getting my problem solved as soon as possible.
If you are talking about this thread, you never even stated the depth of your problem. The problem is that you made a thread with an incomplete explanation and then followed up by asking for as much information while giving very little feedback in return. Play around a little with the information you're given, and most importantly, please share the full story.

That said, you are likely to only frustrate yourself trying to ask this question on another site, since it involves SWBF2-specific asset pipeline information, in the way of a custom tool created for mesh importing.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

and Thus, Mav says the wisest thing that could be said. :lol:
redgroupclan
High General
High General

Post by redgroupclan »

What other information is there to give, besides what modeling program I'm using? (Which was stated later on in the topic.)

It couldn't be a "I've been trying to fix this for eons with every possible solution I can think of listed below" kind of topic, because I had really no idea where to start, so it seemed like there wasn't anything else to post except the "MshEx requirement" quote that already had my question in it.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

redgroupclan wrote:What other information is there to give, besides what modeling program I'm using? (Which was stated later on in the topic.)
You could:
-Specify your problem (what is happening in-game)
-Take pictures (ingame, ZE)
-Tell what specific steps you've tried
-Address specific parts of suggestions that you've tried (i.e. redress posts aimed at providing you instruction)
-Try a basic test model
-Post your model's hierarchy (in a scene tree view)
-Upload the model itself for checking
-Mention what specific threads you've already looked at

There are plenty more, but the key is providing clear information. In the topic linked above, you simply posted a question and then said "answer it" without any context provided as to why there was a problem.
redgroupclan
High General
High General

Post by redgroupclan »

Thanks for the advice.

I guess I'll edit that stuff into my OP later, but I feel like people have probably already looked at the thread and decided it's not something they'll come back to. :?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Just shadow-bump your topic (copy the contents of the last post, delete the last post [yours], and then post a new post with the information from the previous last post and your new information) for sake of clarity. If you have legitimate clarifying information to add to a topic and it's been unanswered for a while, it's totally okay to bump your topic the way indicated above.
ACEwithSPADES
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Alzoc 3
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 MW2
xbox live or psn: xundyingxace

Post by ACEwithSPADES »

Mav has done it again :D just listen to his advice and im sure some one will help like they have helped me multiple times!
offtopic-GT FTW! :yes: