Two suggestions for GT

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Nothing--absolutely nothing

Two suggestions for GT

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

First one: there should be a "Like" button. Not a dislike button but a like button.
Why? because a lot of people have tons of posts that just look like this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
:eek: Awesome dudE!!! :thumbs: :mrgreen:
And it hogs up space. Take the glamour skins thread for example. Every time someone posts a skin 5 people comment very basic comments that really don't contribute to the conversation. They just compliment which could be done via a "Like" button.

If it's too hard to add then that's fine it's just my opinion.

Second one: :faint: I just bumped a topic in the forum "Game Modding - Other" for the second time this week(my apoligies). Problem how I see it though, is that most of the conversation in that forum is creepingly slow and no one looks at it very much. Most of those topics that are on the top of the list are over 45 days old yet useful information can still be contributed to the author AND anyone reading it. Because that forum is so slow I think in that the unwritten rule for the "Game Modding - Other" should be: no bumping topics more than 90 days old.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Two suggestions for GT

Post by guru »

The like buttons for phpbb are in alpha right now so could be a while but we all agree it's needed, I'll let moderators decide on rule change for bump times
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

If it means anything, I'm all for the change of bump time.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Thirty days is a fine bump time, but I would say to anyone concerned about "bumping" an old topic with value-added content: don't be concerned. The bump rule is primarily in place to make sure that old topics aren't brought up with current topics and confusing posters in a forum. This is an issue in faster forums, like the SWBF2-related forums, but in the slower ones, it's often not an issue (since these topics remain near the top anyway).

The basic rule is and always has been - and maybe this needs clarification if it is not explicit - if you're adding value or new information to the topic, don't worry about a bump. If your post simply reiterates something in a not-current conversation or requests something new, then it's a bump, because it doesn't add value.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, the 30 day bump time has worked well in the past. If there were some way to warn individuals that it's going to be a bump before allowing them to that'd be awesome, but that'd take custom code I'd wager. At least then if there was a good reason to bump they could.

Aaaaaand we're done here.