Paying My Respects to GT

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Paying My Respects to GT

Post by RevanSithLord »

Didn't know where else to put this, but I just wanted to post what I wanted to say over the years, but could not really sum it up a few mere words. I just wanted to share my feelings and I feel that the off-topic section was a better place than any.

I've been a GT member since 2005 and I have to say that this forum has been the kindest and most respectful forum I have ever been on as well as the most tidy. Not once has anyone ever teased me nor mocked me and I do not see any reason why I would ever do the same in return, because pretty much everyone here is awesome. Plus, being a big meanie isn't exactly my style anyways. ;)

Sure we've had a ups and downs, but from my experiences here, I only remember all the ups, because I've never really had any downs at this place. I normally don't say this to an entire forum board, but I feel as though this is a family. Pretty much everyone here treats each other with respect and uses common courtesy...and that is rather rare on the Interwebz.

I feel even though I had not talked a lot with most members here outside of the forums, that I had known them for an eternity. I trust pretty much everyone here and I don't think I can pay my respects enough to this great community, for whatever my word and respect is worth.

I've learned a lot from this place and I hope to keep learning from this place as time goes on. I never intend on leaving. I just want to say thank you to everyone for putting up with me over the years. :P

I am impressed how the order and the peace is kept and I congratulate and respect the work put forth by the moderators and administrators....and our beloved Guru. This is one of the few forums I can even call home at all. Again, I thank everyone for being here and I just absolutely love this fantastic community. I can't express my feelings enough about how much I love this place. I don't think this place has ever done me wrong, at least to my knowledge.

Peace, guys. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Paying My Respects to GT

Post by guru »

Wow that was probably the nicest post ever on here, it's nice to have forum friends such as yourself Raven it literally makes the 10 years of gt worth it all, we still ban the bad apples and try very hard as a team to keep the forum a clean and interesting place to enjoy and inspiring posts like yours are a welcomed breeze in a crazy buzzing Internet. I'm personally glad to know you and just wanted to thank you right back!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Wow, I can pretty much agree with this on every level, even if I have my very first warning ( :runaway: ). Also, if I were to choose between either Gametoast or Facebook, I would definitely choose Gametoast, hands/tentacles down. There aren't those annoying constant changes that make the entire user-base angry, the community is amazing, helpful, and all around nice, etc. Even if it may seem a bit despotic or unfair at times, Gametoast is better than just about anything else out there on teh Interwebz.

My life would seem dead without Gametoast, 'nuff said.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

I can't top that, so
Marth8880 wrote:My life would seem dead without Gametoast, 'nuff said.
I'll stick with that.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Well, you pretty much just summed it up for me; this awesome community is what's kept me around even after I stopped playing BF2 at least 2 years ago. It's just such a great place where everyone is basically awesome and, barring a few heated discussions, I've never had trouble with any of the members here (And of those heated discussions, we've passed those and we're all buddies now.)

Thanks for getting this site together, Guru, it's really an awesome place.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Curses RSL, you beat me to it! :P I'm kidding of course. I had been meaning to create a similar thread to this for awhile now(3 weeks to be exact).

Back in June 2010, I had one friend my age. TheDuke is a great guy, but he's only one person. Most people I came to know over the years, eventually hated me for who I am. I got it in my head I was not a good person. I home school as well, due to health issues. So meeting people is quite hard for me. Despite what my parents kept telling me, I felt I had no talent whatsoever.

I finally got SWBF2 for the PC, I already had it for the PS2 for the longest time. I started to mod in July, using only the documentation and no help from GT. Needless to say, things weren't going well. I began searching around, and came across GT accidently.

Since then I have gained many friends thanks to this community. Sure there have been ups and downs, but that's just life. I have a highly capable team to back me up, again thanks to this community. I have two types of friends right now. One type is the ones that are my friend for me, and then the other type of friend I have are people who only want to be my friend because I happen to make mods that are popular. I am happy to say that all of my GT friends like me for me, and not what I have done.

I venture out in the interwebz and find loads of forums, none are as good as this one. I find flame wars and idiots aplenty. This community has proven itself to be better again and again. Everyone here is pretty respectable towards everyone, which is rare. We are a culmination of people from around the world, usually very different from one another brought together by a common interest. I am happy when people stick around after they stop modding, it's always a testament to this community that it is worth it to stay. It would be a sad day when GansterJawa, SBF Dann Boeing, Raptor522, Moving_Target, The_Emperor, Xavious, Dohnutt, or anyone else that stuck around after they stopped modding, left GT for good.

In the past year since I joined Gametoast, I have changed a lot. I am not as intimidated by social interactions, I am more confident in myself, and I feel that I am actually a good person. Surprisingly enough this is all thanks to GT. Gametoast has literally, changed my life. I love how I know almost everyone here, and thanks to xfire I can talk to them often. I can only hope everyone here can tolerate my presence, because I'm not leaving till I'm kicked out.
Marth8880 wrote:My life would seem dead without Gametoast, 'nuff said.
I heartily concur. :plokoon:
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

I'd also like to kick in and say that I agree with all the positive things that are posted about Gametoast here. Thanks to all of you and just a bit more to Guru! :D

I'd also like to offer my sincere apologies to all the people here, to whom I made a promise which I didn't completely kept faithful to. :oops:
And I'd, once again, like to apologize for my English.
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: making random weapon assets
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and more
xbox live or psn: PS3 beats xbox

Post by Dakota »

guru wrote:Wow that was probably the nicest post ever on here, it's nice to have forum friends such as yourself Raven it literally makes the 10 years of gt worth it all, we still ban the bad apples and try very hard as a team to keep the forum a clean and interesting place to enjoy and inspiring posts like yours are a welcomed breeze in a crazy buzzing Internet. I'm personally glad to know you and just wanted to thank you right back!
i was thinking about how nice the first post and the others on this thread were, and then i noticed this... [look at the underline]... then i actually laughed out loud and then wondered if guru meant to do that.

i would say a bit more nice things about the first post but i don't really know what to say.
Last edited by Dakota on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

I agree with everything said here. :)
Gametoast is not only a fun, friendly community, but also gives a great about of modding resources.
I mean, 80% of us here would not be that interested in modding if this site wasn't here, am I right?
Also, I think the staff does a fantastic job of regulating the site.
Overall, GT is awesome, and I check It all of the time. Thanks for keeping up everything, Guru and Staff. :thumbs:
EDIT
New Rank. :D (Jedi)
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: making random weapon assets
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and more
xbox live or psn: PS3 beats xbox

Post by Dakota »

[noooo, ninja'd by cerfon before i got done post editing]

i would also like to say that i probably wouldn't even be modding right now without gametoast. at first i didn't really know how to work out bugs and i could only do minor odf stuff, just look at my first mod, but then i found GT, made a post in the modding section, was helped alot and was then able to figure out how to fix things that "break" in modding and also make some cool stuff.

Thank you Gametoast.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

I agree with practically everything said here. What GT has done for me I think is represented best in the difference between my two iterations of Flooded Oil Refinery maps. I credit that HUGE gap in quality entirely to the help of gametoasters. Thank you very much for all your help.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

I'll chip in with my two cents' worth and say that GT is one of the more disciplined forums I've ever seen. We don't get anyone that p05tz lik this and floods the boards with irrelevant and unnecessary spam. Alright, maybe we get some spam, but it's usually well within tolerable limits and not terribly contagious. What's more, the admins and mods are all carefully chosen, and that's much more important even than might seem evident at first. I've been to a modding forum for another game that had several perma-banned former admins. Admittedly that one is also somewhat stable, but it makes you wonder how someone who merits perma-banning could ever have been admin.

Also, when I first got into modding BF2 I tried to go without GT and could make sense of basic texturing. Now I feel like I have a decent grasp of most branches of modding BF2, mainly thanks to GT's helpful community and the tutorials it comes up with.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

GT is my favorite forum on the internet. Seriously.

The staff does a wonderful job of keeping the place clean and orderly, there is surprisingly a lot of activity, and the "forumites" in general are pretty cool people.

Thanks everyone! You guys are awesome.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

*Agrees with everyone*

I remember signing up years ago thinking, "herp derp, another forum. Maybe I can get some dumb modders to help me lolol" That didn't last long. GT is probably the place that has matured my internet self the most. If it weren't for GT I'd be sulking on 4chan insulting Anons without a thought in the world, but since I was/am (to a lesser degree) part of GT, I'm not down to that despicable level.

You guys will always be bros. Keep it classy, GT.
negah
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by negah »

Ive been a member of Gametoast since around end of 2006 (my first account was deleted by accident due to .ru email) and although Im very inactive in the forums since one and a half years, im still visiting it from time to time.

Of all forums I have ever visited, Gametoast seems to be the most troll free and polite.
And my biggest thanks go to the fact that I learned some English by visiting Gametoast (I still remember how I tried to decipher Leviathan's posts and how some, now vanished, members sometimes wondered what I was trying to say :P ).

So a lot of thanks guys and ladies (is Penguin still here?).
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

negah wrote:(is Penguin still here?).

Yes, but her name is Kateana now. She hasn't visited in a couple months though.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

BY the way, it may be spammy but its the perfect time to say, while we are all thankful for stuff, anyone who wants to donate to help the 450 gigs of bandwidth a month that i pay/donate. You can directly support gt by sending any amount you like to our verified paypal address guru@gametoast.com and let us know your username, you can request any rank title you like, isnt that GREAT!

hehe. it is cool and people who support our modding community are ther reason its still here. I wont spam anymore for now....hehe... just saying :)
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Post by Eaol »

I go on other forums, and it just feels weird. Here on Gametoast, though, I just feel at home.
ShadowWing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: I will start modding when I get time.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by ShadowWing »

I haven't been on Gametoast for that long, but I like this place, and I really like how almost everyone here talks in a civilized manner, as compared to the people at Filefront.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

THEWULFMAN wrote:I finally got SWBF2 for the PC, I already had it for the PS2 for the longest time. I started to mod in July, using only the documentation and no help from GT. Needless to say, things weren't going well. I began searching around, and came across GT accidently.
OH MY...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Your join date: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 pm
Hidden/Spoiler:
My join date: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm
I never noticed this before...And I do believe I was like you in a way before GT...