Paying My Respects to GT

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: Paying My Respects to GT

Post by RevanSithLord »

I never even thought that I was even remotely good enough or smart enough to mod this game. My first ever play through of a mod map was pretty cool. I was testing for someone (can't remember who, I'm afraid. I'm sorry if this offends any old school people here that run across this post) and it involved the 212th. A few years later, I tried my hand at making Talay: Tak Base. That failed miserably....the terrain was bad, the object placement was horrid, and I could never get the sky right. I had so many ideas for it. FOOLIS helped me out with it and I thank him for trying. Later on, that attempt was epically crushed by AQT's attempt.

I believe this was my face when I first saw his attempt: :eek:

Then I tried my hand at the Death Watch Bunker. Failed yet again, so I just ended up helping AQT with his successful attempts instead (I felt so useless. lol). I just could never get the grasp on how to do things properly, despite reading up on tons of documentation. Usually I can catch on things quick and comprehend things, but some reason, BF2 modding slipped my mind, and it was one of the main things I've always wanted to undertake here at GT. I wanted to share my ideas...what would make an awesome Star Wars map/mod/project.

I've apparently had the wrong mindset for years. I thought out all this to be one huge complicated mess...I let it all intimidate me. However, no more will that plague me. Look out, Gametoast. RevanSithLord is striking back, hopefully with a great map release! :)

Again, I really thank GT for all their support. I thank Guru for this fabulous forum where I can mingle with all these great folk...and I love the warm feeling I get when I login. I am always comforted knowing that GT will take care of me, with any questions I may have or any problems I am facing. Again, as I said, it feels like family. I am also comforted to know that I am among tons of fellow Star Wars fans. We all share the same basic knowledge at the very least...or at least most of us in-case there are people here who actually didn't come here fore Star Wars related stuff?

Despite being 21....I feel old at this place. :lol: Much has happened since I joined. Things I am happy to have gone through. Thanks GT. I hope we will all continue to make history together. :D
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

RevanSithLord wrote:FOOLIS helped me out with it and I thank him for trying.
heh, you started a jurassic park map if i remember right :P

well im a little late but id like to agree with pretty much everything that has been said before.
without gt would never have gotten into modding which basically one of the best hobbies. you can do whatever you want, script, model or map and always have a visible result. beside the area you like the most you also learn important things about the other areas along the way. i learned how to approach issues that may not have (yet) visible causes and not to give up when something doesnt work on the first day. that helped me with a lot of technical problems not related to modding.

also, i would never have learned english without gt. when i started reading threads here english was just a foreign language for me and i understood maybe the half of a post properly. over the time i understood it better and better until i started reading english books and english in school became much easier. then i started playing games in english and now i watch movies and tv series in english without having to think about what the actors are saying. :D

so, thanks to everybody and especially guru and the staff!
keep modding!
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:also, i would never have learned english without gt. when i started reading threads here english was just a foreign language for me and i understood maybe the half of a post properly. over the time i understood it better and better until i started reading english books and english in school became much easier. then i started playing games in english and now i watch movies and tv series in english without having to think about what the actors are saying.
[TFA]Padawan_Fighter wrote:Gametoast: Teaching you how to mod games AND clean gas masks.
And learn English.
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: making random weapon assets
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and more
xbox live or psn: PS3 beats xbox

Post by Dakota »

Noobasaurus wrote:
[TFA]Padawan_Fighter wrote:Gametoast: Teaching you how to mod games AND clean gas masks.
And learn English.
but wait theres more
ps2owner
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ps2owner »

Just wanted to say that I totally agree with everyone in this topic. Gametoast was the first forum I joined and the most mature one I have ever seen(a lot more then MC Forums. Joined their from here was a bit of a shock). This forum is great and I will always have a place for Gametoast in my heart (although that sounds a bit to emotional). I've been in and out of modding the past year or so, Mainly because I suck at modding and have a tendency to give up, :cpu: but I have a map planned and I hope to complete it. Thanks a lot for everything you've done guru, and I will hopefully still be around here in the years to come. I'll try and support you and Gametoast. And thanks for everyone here on the forums for being mature and polite, and all the people who have supported me in modding. Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

EDIT: Oh, just realized this post was made after 30 days.... Fail.