Disappearing Posts

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Disappearing Posts

Post by Noobasaurus »

Sometimes after I post something(and I know I posted it) it just disappears. Do admins/mods delete them? I once saw that it was quoted, so I know I posted that one...
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Disappearing Posts

Post by guru »

sometimes if a topic is against the rules we toss them without notice. normally you will get a notice before hand but i dont see any posts and alerts in the admins area about your account so it may just be something on your end? cache delay? slow interwebs?

if you like feel free to point me to a topic or post that was removed/contained your quoted post and ill check it out. the only time i see things removed quickly is if someone is about to be removed or is being spammy.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27234&start=20
If you look in CressAlbane's post, you can see he quoted me but my post is gone.

I don't think it's about anything being slow or delayed, because I always check to see that my post is there.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

It's probably because one of us viewed a two word post as spam and deleted it. Usually if that happens we also remove it from following posts' quotes but I guess they either didn't notice or forgot.

In the future try to add more to your posts, as posts consisting entirely of, "I concur," or "Yeah that's a good idea," don't tend to add to much more than your post count. I probably don't have to tell you boosting your post count isn't well thought of on this site as you've been here for a while.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

true.

j/k toss this if you want but really see how annoying it is.

use the space to share something cool like : did you know women on average live longer then men. yup
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Fusion wrote:In the future try to add more to your posts, as posts consisting entirely of, "I concur," or "Yeah that's a good idea," don't tend to add to much more than your post count. I probably don't have to tell you boosting your post count isn't well thought of on this site as you've been here for a while.
Yeah, next time I'll "second it" and then add some sort of suggestion or real comment at the bottom.