Junior Moderating

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Junior Moderating

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

I've been wondering this for a while about Junior Moderating. Where exactly is the line drawn? I often wonder this when I post a response to someone. When does it cross the line from just being helpful to being Junior Moderating? I'll post asking someone to not double-post, is that Junior Moderating? If staff could respond I'd appreciate it, I don't want to get banned for Junior Moderating. :lol:
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Junior Moderating

Post by Fusion »

Even telling someone not to double post is kind of crossing the line, because usually we just merge the two posts and add in the generic staff "go read the rules" yellow text and then we have to delete the posts telling them not to double post afterward. It just makes more work for us other than less like you would think.

The kind of junior moderating that gets you an automatic warning is if you start telling other members what to do despite having no right. Just don't do that and you'll be kept in good standing with us.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Just know we'll typically let you know when you're getting close. The occasional bout of trying to be helpful isn't a problem, but as Fusion said the rule is their to keep folks from being 'bossy'.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Thank you all for the responses!

By the way, my computer is now back, just fired up Battlefront! :D