Search engine spamblock

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Search engine spamblock

Post by Fiodis »

I wanted to find one of Ande's old posts, but I didn't remember much about it except what it was generally about. So I went to Ande's profile and clicked "Search this user's posts". The one I was looking for wasn't on the first page - I wasn't expecting it to be, it was from a while back. So I clicked on page 4 as a rough guess, but got the "Sorry, you cannot use search at this time" screen.

What sets that off? I used to assume it was timing - to prevent people from clicking Search twenty times a minute and overloading the search engine. Does requesting to see another page of the results of the search you just did send out another search? Also, is there a way to just start viewing search results from page 4, without having to go to page 1 and wait a minute?
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Re: Search engine spamblock

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Search has been doing that to me for as long as I can remember, I just leave my computer for a bit and come back and everything is fine, it's like munging, leave it alone and it'll go quick. :D
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Happens whenever you try to do more than one search in a minute, wait a couple minutes and it should be good to go again.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Happens whenever you try to do more than one search in a minute
Well, yeah, I know that. I'm just saying it's a bit annoying to face the same block when you want to see another page of the search you just did.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Sorry for stating the semi-obvious then. I don't think there's a workaround. It seems like an annoyance we have to live with.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

Your avatar days it all.

Yes phpbb search flood controls