Hello!

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

stardestroyer001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: Space Coruscant [before it corrupted]
Games I'm Playing :: World of Warships
xbox live or psn: StarDestroyer75

Hello!

Post by stardestroyer001 »

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I've last been here, and I thought I should give some thanks to the people I've had the chance to work with a couple years ago, before the Space Coruscant map had its final, irreparable self-destruction.

Just to clarify, the map had some issues that were never resolved or even identified - weird glitches such as its reluctance to allow identical models but different textures on two separate ships, waypoint problems, etc etc etc. It finally refused to play no matter what modifications I undid, even resetting sides and map to default still did not correct the problem. No available backups were made since before release 0.52, and thus, along with the motherboard of my old computer melting down, I had lost everything.

I wish I had the time to at least release 0.6, since much of the animations, NPC ship flight paths, and turrets were added and balanced. It was quite an experience, even myself (at the time) a veteran Battlefront player was pushed to the limits by the complex number of moving turrets and daring NPC fighters. The dream was really shaping up, only to be cut short. :/

I apologize for letting you all down, I know a lot of you had high expectations, and those expectations were almost reached. I sincerely wish I could have fulfilled my promise to bring you the map.

Anyways, just a bunch of thank-yous to various people involved with the project, beta testing, and anything else.

Beta testers:
-Anakin
-thedoubleMM
-TML
-IronMan_MKII
-genaral_mitch
-acryptozoo
-Deathplayer
-martin105038
-MrCrayon
-ps2owner
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-ThePRPD
-Blade117
-R8-Q88
-JadenWolf32

Thank you for putting up with my mod's stubborn errors and such while playtesting. :)

-Fiodis and the above people for contributing valuable information essential to helping complete the map, via the WIP thread.

Special thanks to THEWULFMAN and Anakin for supporting the project all the way, and in Anakin's case, being available for a joint effort in creating a better map than even the Space Coruscant map. (I still have the hand-drawn map plans and annotations around the house somewhere! :) )

If I missed someone, feel free to shout at me. I remember a lot of you, but my knowledge is flawed after two or more years (TWO? That long?)

Again, thank you all for your invaluable help, patience, and source of hope. I must say, despite the failure of this mod, I have learned a lot about modding, and it has definitely given me much success and creativity in other minor modding projects. I can only thank you guys for being supportive and helpful all the way.

I wish each of you the best of luck in your various modding projects (and I pray that you don't encounter the same evil bug I did).

-stardestroyer001 <- No signatures please. -Staff

(P.S. If any of you play Star Trek Online, my handle is @stardestroyer001, don't hesitate to friend me, or discuss the Foundry)
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Re: Hello!

Post by Cleb »

...So are you going to try modding again?
Also sorry about your map, I'm sure it would've been great. :(
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Hey! I remember you! You started modding around the same time I did and I stole (hehe) your WIP thread template because of how FREAKING AWESOME it was! :funny2: But seriously, yeah, the issues you had seem to be the central way maps and mods die. Heh, regarding the list of people you posted, it's kinda funny how like virtually all of those members are pretty much up and gone now. I remember seeing your Space Coruscant map and I was all like " :o This is gonna be amazing!" But oh well, what's lost is lost. :( Very sorry to hear this. Good lucker out there, and godspeed, Shepard.
stardestroyer001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

No, I won't be modding Battlefront II, sorry. I don't have the time, and I don't want a repeat incident.

And lol, it's not stealing :) And yeah, I'm sorry too. Good luck to you as well, Marth.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Sometimes a project gets too big for its own good, and ends up imploding from a red giant to a black hole, sucking you down with it. Been there, done that.

Still have my support. Good luck out there.
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Sometimes a project gets too big for its own good, and ends up imploding from a red giant to a black hole, sucking you down with it.
That reminds me of my first "real" map, Felucia, but on a larger scale. :cry:
stardestroyer001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

THEWULFMAN wrote:Sometimes a project gets too big for its own good, and ends up imploding from a red giant to a black hole, sucking you down with it. Been there, done that.

Still have my support. Good luck out there.
Interesting way of putting it. It's tragic really, since so much effort was put into that map.

And thank you, best wishes and good luck to you too.

Oh, and I also forgot I had this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8tS_rkPyRs
Pretty much everything I did up until the final "implosion". Makes me cry a little...lol.