Time Zones

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Blackcurrent

Time Zones

Post by Blackcurrent »

What's wong witht the clock here on GT? Cause i've set the time to GMT+1 (which is the tight time zone here), but it says whole other time then what the time realy is.

For exaple it says that this post was posted 11:21, but the correct time here is 16:17.

And another question: GMT does mean "Greenwich Mean(not sure about the spelling) Time" does is?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Time Zones

Post by Leviathan »

current', maybe phpBB does not pay attention to your Time Zone's settings ? In fact, I've always considered that as a "detail", but now you mention it, I'd like also to get an answer...
Regarding the meaning of "G.M.T.", yes, it stands for "Greenwich Mean Time"... You can also consult that web-site to get more informations about "Greenwich and Time issues"... :wink:
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

OK, thanks. Well, just as the stay logged in problem this isn't a anything serious, just a way of making GT better, even the details count.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

"even the details count" ? This is also what I usually think, since I'm looked upon as a real perfectionist by some people I know... :wink:
Regarding the Time Zone problem, have you checked if it equally occurs in your Private Messaging Inbox ? :|
BeBop

Post by BeBop »

Indeed for a long time I have ntoiced the error with the time zone function. I set mine to central time yet it displayed a time off by around 6 hours. That was a long time ago though. I remember, having found no topics regarding the issue, I just messed witht he time zone until it displayed the correct time. Of course, this means that the timezone is set to one out in the middle of the Atlantic lol.
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

Well, i thought of that idea too, but the problem is the minutes aren't right either. So if it would bi like this example:
Real time: 10:30
Forum time: 6:30
Then you could make like you said, but my problem is like this example:
Real time: 10:20
Forum time: 6:30

I don't know about my Private Messaging inbox, cause i don't know what time it realy was when the PMs i have arrived, cause i wasn't online when they came.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Maybe we should schedule the sending of a P.M. to your own Inbox, to check out this theory ? :|
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

Allright, i'll PM you for more info.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

It seems you weren't wrong... phpBB indicates that I've sent you a P.M. at 12:30 PM, whereas it has been really dispatched at about 05:30 PM... :|
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

the server time = central and it loses a minute every 3 days due to some settings I have in place. so thats why time wil vary if your not in central time US.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Well, I think we've started another useless "debate"... :?
Also, I'd wish to know whether it is possible to set a server's Time on an atomic clock's...
-=Sithicalohiny=-

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Can you actually get that? There are like only seven in the world I heard.
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

Nope, there are a lot more, every GPS satelite has one, and there are 25 of them. Of course you can not set your clock to one of those satelites. But there are clocks that are set on one of those satelites, so that they are always correct.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Not "always correct" : Such clocks must lose a second's fraction every millenium, or something approaching...
-=Sithicalohiny=-

Post by -=Sithicalohiny=- »

Well you seem to be watching Discovery Channel quite often.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Is that sarcasm, Sith' ? :wink:
No, I do not watch this channel... But on the other hand, I can say I'm rather well-informed...
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

I know, but that difference is nothing that we are noticing. For your information this year was 1 sec longer, in case you didn't know. And i did not see that on discovery chanel ;)