Git for new Projects

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Git for new Projects

Post by Anakin »

Hi,

i just read a bit about git and played around with the functions. It's really a great help tool for developing.
I thought it would be very good for mod Teams to share their work and back them up with an git server. So i got the idea that git could be installed on the Gametoast server and if there is a modding Team working on an big project the admins/moderators could add an git repo for the dev team. It's the most easiest way to work together on an Map or Era mod.

Just an idea.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Git for new Projects

Post by Marth8880 »

A code repository would certainly be nice. :)
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

I thought about this for a bit, and then realized that it actually saves all the versions, too. So I took a minute to upload some of my lame scripts so that they can be safe. This will be quite useful.

https://github.com/noobasaurus/ZBH
https://github.com/noobasaurus/CDE

For funzies if you feel like taking a look.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Anakin wrote:So i got the idea that git could be installed on the Gametoast server and if there is a modding Team working on an big project the admins/moderators could add an git repo for the dev team. It's the most easiest way to work together on an Map or Era mod.
Maybe we could link to GitHub. Installing it here means more server load, and Guru pays for the whole site with his own money. He's only received a few donations in the 10 years it's been online.