Setting Up Off-Site Avatars

Leave us posts on anything related to your views on gametoast.com, improvements, gripes, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Setting Up Off-Site Avatars

Post by EraOfDesann »

To get your custom avatar onto GT do the following:
Go to http://www.photobucket.com and make an account. When your account is set up, click on Upload Picture and browse for the picture you want to use for your avatar. Once it's uploaded, copy the URL which is located underneath the picture. Go to your profile and then paste the URL in the bottom where it says Link To Off-Site Avatar. Once you've pasted the URL just hit submit and your avatar should now show up.

Please remember that your avatar cannot exceed 150 (wide) x 200 (tall). Thanks!
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

You know I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future people ask this question over and over again.

Why not post a topic like this in the "How to do everything". :P
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

One word....I mean three: "Feedback for Gametoast". I won't post the topic though. I didn't get good reception on our last try of custom user titles..

- EP-000782
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

RE: Umm...

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Make your avatar (you've already done this) and then sign up for an account at Photobucket or Imageshack. Upload your image there. You'll see a code like this: Image under your avatar. Click this code and it will be automatically copied. Click the profile button here: Image Scroll down to this point and paste the URL here: Image Then click submit. You've now got your avatar! :)

EDIT: [GT]EraOfDesann beat me to it aww.... but mines got pictures!
Tyler.

Post by Tyler. »

EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

Sure. I renamed the thread and turned it into a sticky so that new members can figure out how to get pictures off of the computers and onto the site. Moving it to the "Feedback" forum...
lieutenantcoda

Post by lieutenantcoda »

actually, i requested a help option and asked the same question a long time ago. i just want to thank u for granting an easy way of finding out :D