Clones with Kamas

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Clones with Kamas

Post by Fiodis »

I'm pretty sure something like this wasn't released before. It's a simple bit of work, but I'm sure there are some newbies who would prefer a simple msh switch to hex-editing.

EDIT - I submitted these to be reviewed on SWBFFiles. After that, I looked through the assets and realized that 666rulerofclones did submit a similar file. He has some troopers with kamas. He didn't include the engineer, though; but looking through his comments on the file he said he would make a mod that focused on them. Still, that was a while ago and nothing's popped up. So.....what I did isn't really plaguerism, is it?

Included are the msh files for the ep3 trooper and engineer, both with kamas. A Kama is the sort of skirt that the sniper or rocketeer has.

No .tga's are included. Crediting me is not necessary.

Pics:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Download Link:
https://gamefront.online/files/12810661 ... _kamas.zip
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/;96792 (Clone Trooper and Engineer with Kamas, lowres now included)
Last edited by Fiodis on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Re: Clones with Kamas

Post by Deviss »

wow awesome :bowdown: :bowdown: enginner with kama :thumbs:
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Downloading Now!
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by RepSharpshooter »

I released Ep3 and Ep2 troopers with kamas, but not an engineer. Nice work hex editing.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

i love the engineer, dlling now :thumbs:
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Fiodis »

Oh.....sorry, I just realized that I included no lowres mshs. I'll hex those in now.
Commander_Fett
High General
High General

Post by Commander_Fett »

EDIT - I submitted these to be reviewed on SWBFFiles. After that, I looked through the assets and realized that 666rulerofclones did submit a similar file. He has some troopers with kamas. He didn't include the engineer, though; but looking through his comments on the file he said he would make a mod that focused on them. Still, that was a while ago and nothing's popped up. So.....what I did isn't really plaguerism, is it?
Certainly not, unless you just copied his files and submited them as your own. Looks cool, will probably dl later.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Fiodis »

Oh, good. All right then.
666rulerofclones
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by 666rulerofclones »

Commander_Fett wrote:
Certainly not, unless you just copied his files and submited them as your own. Looks cool, will probably dl later.
and he didnt copy my files because i didnt release an engineer model with a cape, i would dload, but i finally learned how to do this myself :P i was, however, about to release my own caped engineer, but i saw this was released and figured i didnt need to.

OFF TOPIC:also, that mod im making that is focusing on them should be added to SWBFFiles soon as i uploaded it a few days ago.
Mefutaku
Private Third Class
Projects :: Powered Stock Sides Mod.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Re: Clones with Kamas Crash

Post by Mefutaku »

Each time I attempt to use a msh file with these Kamas the game crashes upon loading.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Mefutaku wrote:Each time I attempt to use a msh file with these Kamas the game crashes upon loading.
You did add it in correctly right? You put the msh file in rep/msh and then went into the odf of the trooper your adding it into and changed the msh file name? You are using either the engineer or standard trooper correct?
BTW, all these other posts are from 2008, so I don`t think anyone here will help you out
Mefutaku
Private Third Class

Post by Mefutaku »

SkinnyODST wrote:
Mefutaku wrote:Each time I attempt to use a msh file with these Kamas the game crashes upon loading.
You did add it in correctly right? You put the msh file in rep/msh and then went into the odf of the trooper your adding it into and changed the msh file name? You are using either the engineer or standard trooper correct?
BTW, all these other posts are from 2008, so I don`t think anyone here will help you out
So I've noticed. This site is nearly DEAD. I was intending to use the standard Phase 1 trooper with a Kama added on for the sniper class.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

So I've noticed. This site is nearly DEAD. I was intending to use the standard Phase 1 trooper with a Kama added on for the sniper class.
Yes it is close to death, but not yet, even now people are just getting into BF2 modding and come to GameToast for help, and they still get answers.
As for what your trying to do, it will not work with this. The above file only has msh files for the Phase II clone trooper and engineer. So only those two units can be affected. You can`t add the kama to the phase I trooper separately using these unfortunately. However you may find Addon msh`s useful. Addon msh`s are objects like backpacks or pauldrons that can be easily added onto any unit through their ODF file. Take a look at this http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php? ... ck#p528054
Specifically the Backpack and visor addon.
*To attach the back addon, add this line to the ODF

AnimatedAddon = "backpack"
GeometryAddon = "backpack"
AddonAttachJoint = "bone_ribcage"

*To attach the recon visor, add this line to the ODF

AnimatedAddon = "visor"
GeometryAddon = "rep_waz_add_visordown"
AddonAttachJoint = "bone_head"
In fact, the Galactic Marine in my profile picture has an addon msh on him, the pauldron on his shoulder. It`s as simple as adding some lines of text into a units ODF file.
Mefutaku
Private Third Class

Post by Mefutaku »

Great...In such case, even though the Msh file has it programmed in it needs additional attachment data. Though in this case, what bone segment does the Kama go? What would it be called? I know it wouldn't be called "@$$".
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

For the record, we're nowhere near close to death.
Mefutaku
Private Third Class

Post by Mefutaku »

Teancum wrote:For the record, we're nowhere near close to death.
Sure...BTW, you know the assets links thread? The vehicle's side used in the Conversion Mod had the Muunilinst 10 ARC LAAT. I just don't know who the author was. I cannot release my 3rd ARC sides mod without crediting the creator of that tga file.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Mefutaku wrote:Great...In such case, even though the Msh file has it programmed in it needs additional attachment data. Though in this case, what bone segment does the Kama go? What would it be called? I know it wouldn't be called "@$$".
I`m not too sure, these don`t come with kama addon msh`s.
Mefutaku
Private Third Class

Post by Mefutaku »

SkinnyODST wrote:
Mefutaku wrote:Great...In such case, even though the Msh file has it programmed in it needs additional attachment data. Though in this case, what bone segment does the Kama go? What would it be called? I know it wouldn't be called "@$$".
I`m not too sure, these don`t come with kama addon msh`s.
Got it...At long last.