tga2ter - Convert your heightmaps into terrain!

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Old Republic Map pack
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 SWTOR and GW2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: tga2ter - Convert your heightmaps into terrain!

Post by ZoomV »

The file in the download link is getting blocked as malware. Is it safe?
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

It checks out safe on my end.
Jaspo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: AotC DoW+++Boonta Eve Classic
Games I'm Playing :: WoT MBWBVC Robocraft

Post by Jaspo »

Apparently someone uploaded a virus to gamefront at some point, since now chrome always thinks it's unsafe to download anything from there...I've gone around the security measures and downloaded files anyway, no ill effects. Isn't the most recent version of this tool on google docs though?

This worked great for me for the most part; being able to go from an 8x8 grid size down to 1x1 really helps the potential for making maps made for the game look less dated, and more beautiful. So if nothing else, use this tool to make a 1x1 tileset using a plain black tga file, since apparently the grid size can't be changed in ZE any other way (though I could be mistaken about that I suppose)

A few problems for me:

-I gave it a texture to use but it didn't export with the texture; I had to reapply the texture manually in ZE

-Unclear what all the scaling options actually do; grid size changes the grid size, yes, but what exactly do the other options scale? Is there an option to scale the texture cover on the terrain? That would be extremely useful particularly in tandem with a decreased grid size.

-Terrain is quite bumpy but apparently this is inevitable when dealing with raster source material...and fixable with ZE's terrain smoothing tools.
Noddynod443
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by Noddynod443 »

What if I have heightmap stored as a .raw file? Any way of converting it for use in swbf2?