Fixed and improved munge files

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

anakin3482
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II 2005
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Fixed and improved munge files

Post by anakin3482 »

I know this thread is old but I'm running into this problem when I munge from \data_ABC\_BUILD

My map won't open in the Mod Tools client (crashes to desktop) but it does load in my normal game client with no command posts.

I got this message in the munge log:

ERROR[levelpack TES.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\tes_conquest.lvl.req(1)...

ucft <--

ucft <--
[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings

ERROR[levelpack TES_conquest.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
No such file or directory
ERROR[levelpack TES_conquest.mrq]:Could not open munged\pc\mz.files for input. DOS reports:
[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings

ucft <--

ucft <--
[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings

Do you know how I can fix this?

EDIT
Hidden/Spoiler:
I know this is an old thread but I'm running into some issues munging from \data_TES\_BUILD

First of all, the game wouldn't even run my map, it would just crash to desktop but I fixed that by looking at the munge log and locating the missing files. now it runs with no CPs so I can't spawn.

the munge log is now giving me this message:

ucft <--

ucft <--
[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings

[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings

ucft <--

ucft <--
[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings

Does anyone know how to fix this?
kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by kiprobin »

This part seems to indicate that there's some sort of punctuation error in one of your scripts - maybe a comma is missing, or out of place or something. I've had bracket errors show up for the LUA files, in which case you just scour the LUA for a comma or bracket that looks missing or doubled or is in the wrong place. I can't really tell what specific file it's in though from this, so I would (unless you or someone else has a better idea) just look through any and all script files, including the lua, that you edited, especially if you edited them before the crashes started, and search for incorrect punctuation.
Someone else I know has been experiencing what seems like a very similar issue; I'll ask them again to see if they ended up solving it
anakin3482
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II 2005

Post by anakin3482 »

kiprobin wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:25 am

This part seems to indicate that there's some sort of punctuation error in one of your scripts - maybe a comma is missing, or out of place or something. I've had bracket errors show up for the LUA files, in which case you just scour the LUA for a comma or bracket that looks missing or doubled or is in the wrong place. I can't really tell what specific file it's in though from this, so I would (unless you or someone else has a better idea) just look through any and all script files, including the lua, that you edited, especially if you edited them before the crashes started, and search for incorrect punctuation.
Someone else I know has been experiencing what seems like a very similar issue; I'll ask them again to see if they ended up solving it
Hey man, thanks for the reply. I just needed the munge fix and that did it for me. I'm not sure what caused the error message but it was probably due to a newer operating system (win 10).