Custom LVL Maker Tool V2

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Custom LVL Maker Tool V2

Post by Anakin »

update == REMAKE == update

This tool is completely remade, because it wasn't very handy. Now it's much easier to use and has some extra features.
You can mung custom lvl with that tool for every use. For example custom gc or custom user scripts. Since now you need to munge these files as shell and then copy then rename and manuell copy them to their destination.

Hidden/Spoiler:
How to install:
- copy CustomLVL.exe and CustomLVL folder in your data_XXX\_BUILD\ folder.
- create a new folder called CustomLVL in your data_XXX directory.

How to use:
- put any req file you want to munge in your data_XXX\CustomLVL folder. You can take the files from the Example folder to test it.
- run CustomLVL.exe
- choose the req files you want to munge from the list. Multiple selection is possible.
- press munge.

Features:
- you needn't restart CustomLVL everytime you add new req files in your folder. Just klick refresh to update the list. (if you forgot the munge.bat you can use this button, too)
- i don't think there is much to say about the select all/unselect all button.
- you can automatically copy the files to their destination. Create a name.req.customlvl file and write the path in that file. You can use multiple paths. %username% will be replaced with the Windows username.
- clean all will delete the folders data_XXX\_BUILD\CustomLVL\MUNGE, data_XXX\_LVL_PLATTFORM (in general PC)\CustomLVL and all files from the .req.customlvl files that are checked(!) in the list.

Credits:
Anakin

I hope that will make your work a bit easier.

Download
update v2.1
Last edited by Anakin on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: [Tool]Custom LVL maker

Post by Ginev »

You better make tutorial about how to create custom galactic conquest.I always wonder how people add new travel paths for the fleet to move and new planets aswell.that will be amazing tutorial.What you think?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Re: [Tool]CustomLVL maker V2

Post by Anakin »

I think this is something for the "All-Purpose Request Thread", and has nothing to do with this asset. And if you ever had a look in the FAQ Thread you'd have already found this tutorial: viewtopic.php?p=470295#p470295

And now if you tried you on the cgc you will notice that you have to munge many custom lvl files and that you don't want to name them all shell, munge them, and rename them again. And than you see this tool where you can munge every custom lvl and copie them to a path you like.

==UPDATE 2.0==

I remade the tool for better use. Look at the first post for more information.

@mod/admin: can you add this to the asset list? The old tool wasn't in there.

==UPDATE 2.1==

there was a problem with copying the files if it already exist.
pacelek
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Re: Custom LVL Maker Tool V2

Post by pacelek »

Hey! I got the tool to work and it's much faster than the previous process. Maybe you could add where to put the script files in the explanation to make it easier for other inexperienced people as initially I didn't get it to work because I didn't have my script in the correct directory.
Works really nicely though!
Thanks!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

well there is an example folder i think that's enough. And if you have no idea about the folder/file structure from SWBF2 you should care about that first before you start munging custom lvl files. You just need to take a look at the common or load or shell folder and you know where the files go.
twinchaka
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by twinchaka »

Hi I've been trying to get this method to work. I have the custom lvl tools and stuff, and I have tried to follow the guide on interface scripts, but have not had any luck. What am I supposed to do with the RTP_interface_script.lvl once I have munged/created it? Placing it in the LVL_PC folder does not work. I cannot seem to figure out how to use the interface script installer in the options>remaster section eaither. Please help.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out!