The Force Unleashed AT-AT

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

The Force Unleashed AT-AT

Post by giftheck »

Here is is, folks: my first full conversion from The Force Unleashed. I bring to you the AT-AT.
Hidden/Spoiler:
This is the full package including cutsom sounds and custom ODF files to tinker with at your leisure. I did not make chunks for this, though, as it won't matter what it looks like when it's destroyed. The reason I did this was twofold: I wanted something with more detail, and the stock AT-AT is poorly UVed. It literally only has textures for the side of its head, its legs and the side of the body - everything else just uses bits of those. I was pointed to a 'clean' version in psych0fred's Chain Isle, but the detail on that one was lower and the texture was not ideal. I've wanted to try a full-on conversion for a little while anyway, so here it is.

After some discussion with Teancum, I changed the sound effects for the footsteps which were previously using some DICE SFX. The sounds come from a small sample borrowed from the film and constructed using pieces from the Star Wars Soundboards, Empire At War and Shadows Of The Empire. The chin cannon comes from SWBFII with the starting "blip" removed and the head cannons come from the Revenge of the Sith game, modified (the game's sound effect had two shots and I only needed one). The sounds are faster than they would be as I have not touched the animations so the hydraulics come in earlier. It sounds fine to me.

The ODFs are for testing purposes so are not really final - for instance, the head cannons are too slow, overheat quicker than they should and the chin cannon can fire volleys too fast (I would definitely use the SWBFII version if you want to use these). They're here so you can easily get this in game and test it out.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7nex0bzn5apnubw

Credits:
CREDITS:
-LucasFilm for Star Wars
-LucasArts for the model from The Force Unleashed.
-Pandemic Studios for original model
-Ben Burtt for the sound effects
Last edited by giftheck on Tue May 04, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront III AT-AT

Post by AceMastermind »

Nice, that is the one from the PC release(?) of SWBF3 assets, the Xbox 360 SWBF3 version looks different. I think the SWG version looks way better overall than either of the SWBF3 models though, I might bring that one in later. The proportions and details of many SWBF models looks weird in comparison to those of other games, I think too much creative liberty was given to Pandemic and the AT-AT in this game suffers from it.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I like it, thanks! :thumbs:

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

AceMastermind wrote:Nice, that is the one from the PC release(?) of SWBF3 assets, the Xbox 360 SWBF3 version looks different. I think the SWG version looks way better overall than either of the SWBF3 models though, I might bring that one in later. The proportions and details of many SWBF models looks weird in comparison to those of other games, I think too much creative liberty was given to Pandemic and the AT-AT in this game suffers from it.
Yeah, it's the first release. The Xbox360 version has yet to be ported.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

AceMastermind wrote:Nice, that is the one from the PC release(?) of SWBF3 assets, the Xbox 360 SWBF3 version looks different. I think the SWG version looks way better overall than either of the SWBF3 models though, I might bring that one in later. The proportions and details of many SWBF models looks weird in comparison to those of other games, I think too much creative liberty was given to Pandemic and the AT-AT in this game suffers from it.
I actually do agree with you. A lot of SWG's models are actually really nice, especially when compared to stock BF1/BF2 models.

Speaking of SWG models, expect some PM's sometime.

To ggctuk (do you want me to just call you Gistech, like you go by on SWBFGamers?): I really like this port. Gonna have to use it in my upcoming project. :D Now if only my back problems lately didn't get in the way of the fun of modding. :(
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Gistech is easier to spell, I'm considering having my username changed to that here too. Glad you like the AT-AT - I feel encouraged to try porting more now.