Mesh Viewer V1.2.4

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Mesh Viewer V1.2.1

Post by giftheck »

The first version worked just fine for me, but on the most recent version, I'm seeing this:

So I can't actually see any of the models I'm loading.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

What version is it??
1.2.0 from deferred channel or 1.2.1 from current channel??

I had some problems with the release version when updating from qt 5.7 to 5.8 so i'm using 5.7 now.

So you may wanna check the latest (1.2.1) version if you do not use it right now
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

It's 1.2.0. The link in the main post leads to 1.2.0 and not 1.2.1.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

works fine for me. Anyone else with that problem??

Just checked the changelog. I made the program to always use OpenGL 2.0 instead of the default (what the compiler thinks is a good choice on my pc - actually that should be 4.5) So i wonder that you cannot use the 2.0 OpenGL.

i just pushed the latest version i'm working on with the previous OpenGL settings. So please get the exe from the testVersion folder. You can use the tutorial how to access current channel and change this line
echo Release/*> .git/info/sparse-checkout
to this
echo testVersion/*> .git/info/sparse-checkout
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Yep, the new exe works fine. Thanks :)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Re: Mesh Viewer V1.2.4

Post by Anakin »

all right, so i need to figure out why 2.0 does not work for you. What PC (graphic card) do you have??

@all:

Since i don't get any feedback from you idk if you have the same problem. For now i'm using OpenGL 4.5 again. That means older PC and i'm pretty sure virtual machines, too, won't be able to use this viewer.

older release notes from older posts
Hidden/Spoiler:
I just pushed the latest version (1.2.2) to the current channel

[code]
Features:
- extreme performance improvement when loading files,
- new camera controls (free, orbital, move),
- using ogl 4.5 again since 2.0 causes problems on some pc,
Bugs:
- nothing known
[/code]

@ggctuk: for you changed the gui icons for the new camera mods, the camera mod orbital is now unlimited (before it was limited to +/-90° vertical) and walk is fixed.

==UPDATE==

i wrote an bat file that makes it easier for you to access the current update channel. Check the first page for more information

==UPDATE==

@Marth: here you go:

[code]Features:
- normal map support,
- added specular support for cloth,
- "glow" support,
Bugs:
- normal mapping looks a bit drizzly depending on the angle of view
[/code]
===UPDATE===

just pushed version 1.2.4 to the current channel.

Please let me know if everything works fine so far, or if there are any other settings you'd like to be saved (only wireframe state, camera mod and zoom speed are not saved i think)

IF AND ONLY IF you give me feedback that everything is fine, i'll include all those latest changes to V1.3 and upload all you need to my dropbox, so you don't need git to get that version.

Later on i'll continue with some extra features such as list of all mesh in a specified folder and subfolders (similar to the SWBF1/2 list at the old viewer), tree structure of the mesh, copy model parts to "clipboard", past to mesh from clipboard.

Code: Select all

Features:
- fixed overexposed specular bug,
- most settings are saved after each session
Bugs:
-nothing known
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Oceans14 »

Just got around to trying out the latest version. I had the same problem as ggctuk, which persisted even when I tried v1.2.4. Furthermore, drag and drop didn't work. Fortunately it works fine when I make sure it uses my laptop's nvidia gpu instead of the integrated intel... so if anyone is having this issue even after pulling 1.2.4 that's probably it (I think maybe the intel doesn't have any ogl support).

Anyway Anakin this is really great, I love the amount of information it gives, plus wireframe and the lighting settings are very useful. All the models look very crisp and sharp - big thumbs up.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Just a little thought, an idea that was never implemented with the old Mesh Viewer:

Could we have the ability to load in textures on an override_texture-compatible unit? IE: we load rep_inf_clone_trooper.msh, then there's a "Texture" menu with "Load Overide Texture" and "Load Override Texture 2". With that, we can see what rep_inf_clone_trooper.msh looks like with other textures. Of course, this should work only with msh files that have models that are named "override_texture" and "override_texture2".
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

why only for override?? it should be possible to display all textures that are available and then you select a different texture that is used instead of the original. At the moment i don't see a reason why that should not be possible:D
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CdtFox »

Last time i forget to mention that fpm (custom or stock one) aren't displayed in the viewer. I think this is because the textures (might) have been hex-edited. Hope it can be fixed :D
RaveYoda
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: MshViewer -- Collab with Anakin
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RaveYoda »

I'm an OK programmer. I'd be willing to help as time permits. I'm best with Java but I've done QT stuff before. It's very similar in the gui side at least.