Gistech's Improved DL-44

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Gistech's Improved DL-44

Post by giftheck »

I've made some improvements to the stock Rebel Pistol to recreate a more faithful DL-44 model.

Screenshot:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The model uses the stock "all_1st_weap_inf_pistol" textures, which are not included in the pack.

Included in the package are two sound effects from the Star Wars soundboards, and a version of the DL-44 without the scope attachment.

DOWNLOAD

Credits:
-Pandemic Studios for the original model
-Original SFX created by Ben Burtt
Last edited by giftheck on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: Gistech's Improved DL-44

Post by RevanSithLord »

This and your new E-5 was a much needed addition to the community.

I'm sure with a few modifications, the Metal DL-44 (without scope, shorter barrel, silver color) from SWG would be possible too.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Anyways, great job! Do you have plans for an Improved E-11 (plus carbine without scope)? As soon as I saw both of these threads, I instantly downloaded. All your weapons are going to be helpful with a few new maps I'm making (standalone maps, not part of the main mod I'm working on with Icemember).
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

RevanSithLord wrote:This and your new E-5 was a much needed addition to the community.

I'm sure with a few modifications, the Metal DL-44 (without scope, shorter barrel, silver color) from SWG would be possible too.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Anyways, great job! Do you have plans for an Improved E-11 (plus carbine without scope)? As soon as I saw both of these threads, I instantly downloaded. All your weapons are going to be helpful with a few new maps I'm making (standalone maps, not part of the main mod I'm working on with Icemember).
The download includes a scope-less DL-44 for people who want to tinker with it.

I have an improved E-11 but it's not entirely stock parts or new parts, as it uses a small amount of stuff from the SWBF3 model (particularly the folding stock mesh). I'm not familiar with the Carbine version but I can look it up.

I was going to do a new SE-14R as well, but kinetosimpetus already did a new one and that looks good in my book.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

ggctuk wrote:The download includes a scope-less DL-44 for people who want to tinker with it.
My bad. I guess I overlooked that in the archive. I was in an excitement high. Although it's not difficult to spot at all because it's literally right there when you open it. I have no excuses for that oversight. :P
ggctuk wrote:I have an improved E-11 but it's not entirely stock parts or new parts, as it uses a small amount of stuff from the SWBF3 model (particularly the folding stock mesh). I'm not familiar with the Carbine version but I can look it up.
Ah, okay.

Yeah, the carbine version is basically a scopeless and stockless E-11 with a slightly shorter barrel it seems (when I compare it in-game when I'm playing the SWG Emu).
ggctuk wrote:I was going to do a new SE-14R as well, but kinetosimpetus already did a new one and that looks good in my book.
I think I'll have to agree with you here. Although I'm sure that if you did attempt your own version, I'd personally have no qualms and it'd probably still look very good. Using a mix of your weapons and kinetosimpetus' weapons will definitely help my future maps that I am in the process of starting (independent of Designated Days). Keep up the great work! It's always nice to have more weapons readily available.