LEGO SW: Bricklefront assets (Update 09/12)

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

LEGO SW: Bricklefront assets (Update 09/12)

Post by Gogie »

Please before you download a few small things:

Link to the MODDB Pre Release Playable Alpha Map
https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-b ... -pre-alpha

Link to the discord: https://discord.gg/wFvYSRs

1) THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. particularly the animations, these are all being made one by one this will take time. The Purpose of this prerelease is so people can get a head start on making assets while I work on the animation bank.

2) If you make new skins for this model, please do not create new threads, add them to this thread, or DM me here or on discord and ill pin them to the first post on this thread. You will be credited for any custom skins you make.

3) This is an open source community project. By downloading this asset you agree that:
a) this remains open source, you may not in any way derive a commercial or for money asset.
b) you agree that you will release any derived works to expand onto the LEGO project community. We want as many variants as we can get, people who create private assets will end up taking away from this goal.

4) FOR QUICK CREATION OF SKINS:
The model is override texture compatible. Overrride_Texture is the Body, Override_Texture2 is the head.

preview video from rebels:

Sample Sides Folders:

Republic (WIP): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Available Skins:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clone Trooper:

Mace Windu:

Imperial (WIP): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Available Skins:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Storm Trooper:

Shore Trooper:

Scarif Ground Crew:

Scout Trooper:

Phase 0 Dark Trooper:

Imperial Officer:

Imperial TIE Pilot:

Imperial Death Trooper:

Director Krennic:

Animation Source Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

World Source Files:

Scarif (WIP): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Available Assets:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Foliage Pack (trees, lego trees, bushes, lego bushes, grass, terrain, lego plants, rocks, leaves)

Crates, antennas, a large barrel:

Revision History:
Hidden/Spoiler:
v0.1.1: Initial release, walk / run animations for rifle stance and msh files for basic clone trooper and mace windu template released

v0.1.2: Added support for run/walk backwards rifle stances, stand alert rifle stances, turn left / right rifle stances. Reorganized folders for easier integration of sides, sample side available, updated source files folder for animations.

v0.1.3: Added Lego Imperial Sides, animation sources now include a standidle for bazooka and pistol stances although the animations are still work in progress, most of the rifle animations are now complete, with the exception of secondary weapon animations, added world assets for some scarif props

CREDITS
Hidden/Spoiler:
David Onizaki ([GT]Gogie) for being me.

[GT]Teancum: help with ripping some resources for reference.

Psych0fred: for the mod tools and all the documentation provided through the years.(big fan, we’ll either make you really proud or really disappointed with this project, we’ll figure out which later)

My Daughter Aria: playing a LEGO mod with her is largely the inspiration behind this project.

TT Games: reference materials, some texture bases.
Last edited by Gogie on Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Lego Unit Template v 0.1.1 PreRelease

Post by Teancum »

Didn't notice this on Discord, but I like that you did both styles of LEGO eyes. I prefer the new style with the white on black, but I love the retro-ness too
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Re: Lego Unit Template v 0.1.3 PreRelease (09/05 update)

Post by Gogie »

I made a huge update, the mostly finished rifle animations have been added, added a weapon for pistol and bazooka and idle poses for both. Added enviromental assets for things like studs, crates, rocks, bushes. still very very early progress but hopefully this is enough to get people started.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Post by Lorul1 »

hahaha I love this ! I always used to joke around with people about the idea of a "lego battlefront" and now there's actually a possibility of some really cool ideas that can come from this ! You've done a great job on this so far gogie, perhaps Ill add some things here and there ! Does anyone know where or if the assets for the old lego starwars games are available ?
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

believe it or not lorul, the assets from older and newer games appear to come directly from Lego Digital Designer, rather than porting directly from the games i've been using a mixture of that and Lego Draw since both allow us to reuse their assets.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I suppose when you think about it ... I mean it makes sense. No need to reinvent the wheel unless you need something more detailed or something.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Post by Lorul1 »

hahaha okay this opportunity is too good to pass up ! Ill make some small progress here and there. adding things like lego chunks for when the infantry die, sound effects from the classic lego games (assuming we are free to use those), larger blaster bolt size...
And I like the idea of keeping all progress open to the community , working on this will go well with my new tutorial series coming out soon.
Are we aloud to use assets and sound effects from the 2007 complete saga game ?

From now on I will update this post with github/google drive information and the progress and all other progress I make in future.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

don't worry too much about chunks.

I have that covered (have a template scene with a chunks template i just need to change the texture file)

[edit] lemme know if you do make anything I’ll add it to the folder links on the top post
deliciouspatties
Projects :: Infinities Era Mod.
Games I'm Playing :: None currently

Post by deliciouspatties »

Terrific work on this mod so far! Definitely interested in making some assets for this mod sometime.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

i really like this project. It's not "just another map or gcw side mod" but something complete new. Looks pretty nice :D
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Re: LEGO SW: Bricklefront assets

Post by Gogie »

Thanks anakin,

A few goals for this project are:
Create something that introduces new mechanics (such as certain weapons being more effective against things like silver / gold LEGO) I know that’s pretty easy to accomplish through weapon odfs.

Create something that appeals to all age groups.

Create something that can be easily ported to Xbox/ps2 for those that want split screen (looking at phantom and teancum while saying this)

Create something in a modular style, this way older veteran modders can easily integrate, but also newer or younger hopeful modders can make content in an easy to understand way. (Hence the decision to use override textures and helmets as addons so no extra modelling is needed)

Create something that can run on both older or less capable machines and newer more advanced machines (this is why the stock engine assets will run off the Xbox assets but the shader patch assets will contain custom materials)

Create something fun and engaging to try to get as much of the community involved as possible (this is in part what is leading the decision to keep this open source and upload assets as we go)

[EDIT] I got a notification from steam this morning about an update to the EULA, Lego star wars the complete saga and Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars now fall under the Disney EULA and not the WB EULA. There is a clause that allows for us to use their material for user generated content (which includes sound effects, graphics, and music (infact those are specifically listed as available for our use))
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: LEGO SW: Bricklefront assets (Update 09/12)

Post by Anakin »

I'd love to see something like a construction/build weapon that assembles cool features.
Maybe like a drop weapon (turret, etc) combined with an animation/effect?

if you need any help with the HUD, let me know :D
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Re: LEGO SW: Bricklefront assets (Update 09/12)

Post by Gogie »

Pre Alpha Release Character Test Map is out, link : https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-b ... -pre-alpha