-_-'s Weapons/Force Powers

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

-_-'s Weapons/Force Powers

Post by -_- »

Just a thread to post updates on weapons, force powers, etc. Feel free to use them in maps, but I expect to be credited. If the links are dead, feel free to leave a message and I'll updated them. Ideas and requests are welcome, but dont expect them to be finished right away.

-RELEASED-

-Lightsaber's-

Lightsaber Colors Pack - 1

MediaFire

Lightsaber Gold

MediaFire

Lightsaber Silver

MediaFire

-MSH Files-

Repair-Kit MSH files

MediaFire

Med-Kit MSH files

MediaFire

Missle Launcher MSH files

MediaFire

T21 MSH files

MediaFire

DH17 MSH files

-Weapons, Powers, Etc-

Oranger Force Lightning/Force Judgement/Electric Judgement

MediaFire

Force Wave

MediaFire

Seismic Charges (Infantry)

MediaFire

-FIXES-

SBD Explosion Chunk fix - Collobarted with Qdin and Ace
Last edited by -_- on Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 17 times in total.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: -_-

Post by squipple »

What function will you make the concussion grenades perform? In BF1, they were more damaging to things like turrets and vehicles, but in BF2, they kinda made an all-in-one grenade.
Maybe it would be a grenade that basically perfomed a 'force wave'?
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: RE: -_-

Post by -_- »

squipple wrote:What function will you make the concussion grenades perform? In BF1, they were more damaging to things like turrets and vehicles, but in BF2, they kinda made an all-in-one grenade.
Maybe it would be a grenade that basically perfomed a 'force wave'?
That's a good idea. I'll see what I can come up with.
Y2g2006

RE: Re: RE: -_-

Post by Y2g2006 »

What kind of effects/animations were you considering as far as the mind trick goes? That sounds like something tricky to implement... unless you're planning on making the victim punch themselves (which would kind of be funny).

Or will it just be like a force choke-like effect with a different animation? Like them holding their head (as if their brains were getting scrambled)?

NOTE: When I said it would be hard... I ment from a realistic stand point. We've never really seen a Jedi use the mind trick in a overt/offensive sort of way.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: RE: Re: RE: -_-

Post by -_- »

Y2g2006 wrote:What kind of effects/animations were you considering as far as the mind trick goes? That sounds like something tricky to implement... unless you're planning on making the victim punch themselves (which would kind of be funny).

Or will it just be like a force choke-like effect with a different animation? Like them holding their head (as if their brains were getting scrambled)?

NOTE: When I said it would be hard... I ment from a realistic stand point. We've never really seen a Jedi use the mind trick in a overt/offensive sort of way.
Ever played any games from the Jedi Knight series? I remember a force power called Force Persuasion. When used, enemies cant see you, so you can just sneak by them instead of attracting them to come attack you.

As far as it goes, I havent thought about making it an offensive weapon. More like a weapon used to "run way" in tight situations :wink:
Y2g2006

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: -_-

Post by Y2g2006 »

Ah, gotcha.

Naw, I honestly haven't ventured very far into Star Wars gaming a whole lot (compared to some other people). Only games I've played are the two Battle Front games, The Empire at War demo (might buy the full version though), Rouge Squadron (N64), and Battle for Naboo (N64 as well). Oh yeah... and a Star Wars game for the origional Gameboy (the name I can't remember).

Now that you mention it though... I do remember seeing yall discussing what the move would be like.

The cool thing about such a "power" is it can be made so many different ways. You really could have multiple kinds of "Mind tricks" to add variety... or even a unique quality... to certain Jedi/Sith.

That stealth idea sounds cool, but then once you think of it... the two examples I gave could be created as well to add more variety. Its not exactly a request or anything, but a direction you could possibly look into or take eventually, if you felt like it.

Everything looks and sounds promising though.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: -_-

Post by -_- »

Y2g2006 wrote:Ah, gotcha.

Naw, I honestly haven't ventured very far into Star Wars gaming a whole lot (compared to some other people). Only games I've played are the two Battle Front games, The Empire at War demo (might buy the full version though), Rouge Squadron (N64), and Battle for Naboo (N64 as well). Oh yeah... and a Star Wars game for the origional Gameboy (the name I can't remember).

Now that you mention it though... I do remember seeing yall discussing what the move would be like.

The cool thing about such a "power" is it can be made so many different ways. You really could have multiple kinds of "Mind tricks" to add variety... or even a unique quality... to certain Jedi/Sith.

That stealth idea sounds cool, but then once you think of it... the two examples I gave could be created as well to add more variety. Its not exactly a request or anything, but a direction you could possibly look into or take eventually, if you felt like it.

Everything looks and sounds promising though.
Thanks for the compliment. Your idea of multiple Mind Tricks sounds cool, I just need to think of a way to do it XD... :wink: When I'm finish converting the old BF1 weapons, I'll start working on a new batch of weapons.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: -_-

Post by squipple »

I had mentioned in another thread a neat idea for mind trick.
If there was a way to make the person 'mind trick' was directed attack their own team. This would only work for AI though, so maybe an alternative would be to basically 'reskin' the person it was directed at so that they look like the opposite team. That way your own team will attack you. I don't know how that would work with team damage off, etc. Just an idea.
deathmaster

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: -_-

Post by deathmaster »

Okay, would it be possible to make a force sense? Like in jedi acedemy, it showed you where people within range are, like behind walls and stuff. That would be great in small maps, like towns. Just don't make the range too large, otherwise there is no challange in the map. Also, you should make it drain all of your stamina, and have it for 10 seconds.

Another one could be force levitate. I know that in multiplayer, some people can (Not just on Darth Vader and the Emporer) so if you could make that an actuall force power, that would be sweet.

Okay, this would be a huge mod, but it would be sweet if you could. Make it so that everything looks like Repbulic commando weapons. So the shotgun would turn into the ACP array

Post more later
uttaresh

New Powers

Post by uttaresh »

I have some suggestions for new force powers. What do you think?

Force Powers:

1. Force Strangle - I know this isn't much heard of, but Palpatine uses Force Strangle in the book Labyrinth of Evil. Assajj Ventress also used it in the CW cartoons on some soldiers on Yavin IV. So, could you make a force strangle.

2. Darth Vader's Force Protect - You know, Darth Vader would be able to block bolts, etc. without using his lightsaber as in The Empire Strikes Back.

3. Force Drain - As in Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy, except that this would be restricted to level 1. You could get close to a soldier, and drain his stamina out of him, giving you extra time as the Hero.

That's it for now. I'm playing online, and I spotted you Mr -_- . So, now I shall kick thy butt in BF2 online.
Qdin
Old School Staff

RE: New Powers

Post by Qdin »

I think that Force Drain could work - like Regene ration except it also would farm that certain enemy. now the question is if it'll still 'drain' even though you haven't got one to drain...? :?

I got some good ideas too, -_-

so I'll talk to you later today :P
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Thanks for all the great ideas guys :wink: Since I'm too lazy to update the list right now, I'll do it later tonight :D
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

i got an idea to make electric judjment more like seen in jedi power battles, but i dunno if it would work so reply if u would like to hear my idea dude
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Sure, feel free to leave comment or feedback :wink:
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

alright first things first, my tools dnt work so can u change vehicle weapon colors?
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

if so u could change the spider droid weapon and make it into a force power
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

the beam?
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

and u could make it orange
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

yes
plokoon761
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by plokoon761 »

think it is a good idea?

sorry dude! i triple posted.......twice!
Last edited by plokoon761 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.