new Models released for SWBF2

Releasing the source files for your mod or map? Post em' here. (Applies to both SWBF1 & SWBF2)

Moderator: Moderators

Razgriz

Post by Razgriz »

Cant blame him arty, you dont know if he said Ill fix the models later or I Fixed
raz1992

Post by raz1992 »

Off topic post: Well, it's easy to see that English isn't his first language.

So it's not really his fault if he confuses us, because he may not know what words to use, or the grammar. No offense Dragonum.
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Dragonum »

raz1992 wrote:Off topic post: Well, it's easy to see that English isn't his first language.

So it's not really his fault if he confuses us, because he may not know what words to use, or the grammar. No offense Dragonum.
and there is no future or past.

i fix the bugs, yesterday, now and in the future.
it means i work on it, not every day, but i cant say i fixed the bugs or i do it in a few days.

and english is noct my first language thats correct, i learned english 14 years ago and after this i need it 7 years later for my job and then for gt ;-)
you see that there a break of 7 years is, but i think you guys understand what i want to tell you 8)
Razgriz

Post by Razgriz »

Dragonum wrote: and there is no future or past.

i fix the bugs, yesterday, now and in the future.
I suppose now your going to tell us
there is only the force... :lol:
-Yock-

Post by -Yock- »

The model is almost great!

I just feel that the texture is to strange... is there a way to use the normal venator's texture?

And the model is HUGE. It is 3 times bigger than the normal from the game. The venator class star destroyers are suposed to be 1100 meters long. Your model is 3384 meters long. The problem is that I don't know how to rescale, so I'm asking for you to do this :lol:
There's also missing a wall at the end of the center hangar.

Besides that, your model is the mostly goodly and cooly venator ship I ever downloaded :wink:
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Dragonum »

i wont rescale the model or models.
and i think my models is not the same size as the original EP3 venator, i think my venator is to small ;-)

i thought its much better to fly around huge capital ships, but i think the small ships like jedifighter should be faster.

and i know that there is a missing texture, i work on it to fix it.
trainmaster611
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by trainmaster611 »

Actually, I checked the SW Wiki and Yock was right...the real thing was 1100 meters. But how do you know how long Dragonum's model is? :?
-Yock-

Post by -Yock- »

Click on the "hintnode" button, right between "portal" and "barrier", and then right under the "new node" option, is the tipe measure option.

You can use it to measure things :wink:

BTW, its not a missing texture, its a missing wall, cause I can fly through it with the V-Wing.
Razgriz

Post by Razgriz »

Its really for the game though. No one is going to really care about the length they just wanna fly around huge capital ships
raz1992

Post by raz1992 »

About the model issue that Yock posted. Yeah, there is no wall on both of the inside hangars, and it is quite annoying. But the current Venator model isn't a thoroughly revised version, so it's bound to have something wrong with it. But in time, i'm sure Dragonum will release a new version.
trainmaster611
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by trainmaster611 »

God, I am so confused :cry: What happened to the ventanator odf files? :?
LastJedi

Post by LastJedi »

You can rescale objects by making an .option file. Arcane_Penguin (SWBF files) told me how but it didn't make any sense. It's something like "-scale <FLOAT>" The float part doesn't make any sense.

The ships need corridors and I still don't know why my venator is invisible.
t551
General
General

Post by t551 »

Float refers to a floating-decimal data type. Just type in a number instead of <FLOAT>.

Just be aware that the game does not display a re-scaled object correctly. If the original model would not be visible from a certain location, then the new one is not, even if it should be.

Actually, I'm not sure whether this is true all the time. It may just be when the old model is occluded by another object in te world, or it may occur anytime that the old object is not visible, such as when your starfighter is turning away from it.
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Dragonum »

i saw, that the IH has onyl lowrez models in my scene file, thats the problem for the IH, that you can see some parts only from far away.
maybe i did this for the venator too.
dont ask why, i dont know, forget to check this before i export and released the models.

if you want corridors, wait for psychofreds venator.i have to send a PM to him, becouse a want to start the IH like psychofreds IH, maybe we can release the two ships toghether ;-)

and for the odf files, when i fixed all problems and finished the models, i create all odf and msh.option files and a obg file too
vaders_Legion

Post by vaders_Legion »

ok whats an odf do im totally lost with those, same with linus
Razgriz

Post by Razgriz »

i think that odf's are te model files.
Dragonum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Dragonum »

you find the last versions of the models on the first page.

there are odf and obg files in the rar file, too
wazmol
High General
High General
Projects :: Thinking...
Games I'm Playing :: Black Ops

Post by wazmol »

wow thanks dragonum! i really appriciate what you have done for everyone her at GT!

-Waz'
Darkwedge

Post by Darkwedge »

This is pretty interesting to see, it's a nice change to see at least the LAAT/c in the game.
trainmaster611
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by trainmaster611 »

Wow! I can finally continue work on my map! Thank you Dragonum! :P